All-new Transformers: BotBots animated series to debut on Netflix!
2021 is already shaping up to be an interesting year for Transformers, what with things like new Masterpiece (and Movie Masterpiece) figures, the continuation of the WFC: Kingdom toyline and its Netflix show, and Hasbro’s new Entertainment One (eOne) studio launching a new Nickelodeon cartoon. But that’s far from it: 2021 also brings with it the greenlighting of another new animated series, this time featuring BotBots. The plucky new additions to the brand’s near-four-decade-long history are hitting the big stream in a big way!
Here’s the Hasbro press release:
TRANSFORMERS: BOTBOTS ASSEMBLE IN AN ALL-NEW ANIMATED SERIES AT NETFLIX
- Netflix and Entertainment One (eOne), Hasbro’s entertainment studio, announce Transformers: BotBots, a new 20-episode animated comedy series following the mischievous little Transformers robots, otherwise known as BotBots.
- Kevin Burke and Chris “Doc” Wyatt (Spider-Man, Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy, Stretch Armstrong & the Flex Fighters) will serve as executive producers and showrunners.
- Logline: BotBots are Transformers robots that disguise themselves as everyday mall objects. By day, these BotBots hide quietly on store shelves but at night, they jump into adventure until a group of BotBots called ‘The Lost Bots’ run into the mall security guard and put all the bots in danger. Will these misfits be able to overcome their differences, defeat the security guard and gain acceptance in the eyes of the other bots?
- Olivier Dumont, eOne’s President of Family Brands: “We are delighted to partner with Netflix to bring an all-new Transformers story to life and explore a whole new universe with BotBots. Transformers storytelling has expanded into so many new avenues and we can’t wait to surprise both existing fans and new fans coming to the franchise for the first time with these fun bots who are definitely more than meets the eye!”
- The series takes inspiration from Hasbro’s popular Transformers: BotBots toy line, released in late 2018. BotBots are 1-inch collectible characters that can change from an ordinary object into a little robot in just 3-5 easy steps.
- The series joins Netflix’s growing slate of original animated programming featuring characters kids know and love like My Little Pony from Hasbro, as well as The Cuphead Show!, Sonic the Hedgehog, Angry Birds, and characters from the library of titles from Roald Dahl. They complement Netflix’s brand new cast of characters from upcoming preschool series Ridley Jones; Ada Twist, Scientist; Karma’s World, kids series Kid Cosmic, Arlo the Alligator Boy, Centaurworld and event series Maya and the Three.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne’s expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.eOne brings to market both original and existing content, sourcing IP from Hasbro’s portfolio of 1500+ brands, and through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play and Entertainment Experiences. From toys, games and consumer products to television, movies, digital gaming, live action, music, and virtual reality experiences, Hasbro connects to global audiences by bringing to life great innovations, stories and brands across established and inventive platforms. Hasbro’s iconic brands include NERF, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE, POWER RANGERS, PEPPA PIG and PJ MASKS, as well as premier partner brands. Through its global entertainment studio, eOne, Hasbro is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for all children and all families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked among the 2020 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media, has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past ten years, and one of America’s Most JUST Companies by Forbes and JUST Capital for the past four years. We routinely share important business and brand updates on our Investor Relations website, Newsroom and social channels (@Hasbro on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.)
Between this and the reveal of Series 6, BotBots looks like it’s still going strong three years into its life span. Share the love at the Allspark Facebook Page, on the Allspark Forums, or on our Discord server!
Latest posts by Michael Estipona (see all)
- Hasbro Pulse Fan Fest drops shattering hype with new Transformers reveals! - April 9, 2021
- Yahoo! gives us a first look at the solo Snake Eyes movie toyline - April 8, 2021
- IGN: WFC: Kingdom Galvatron, Predacon Scorponok, and the Ark! - April 7, 2021