Henshin! A Sentai RPG Reveals Powerful New Form on Kickstarter
Hot on the heels of Nerdy City’s success with Commandroids, Cave of Monsters Games have hit Kickstarter with a deluxe edition of their Sentai-flavored RPG, Henshin!
You can head to Kickstarter to learn more, but here’s their intro:
- Henshin! is a diceless, story-forward tabletop role-playing game that is our love letter to all things Super Sentai.
- Super Sentai is a series of TV shows in Japan that feature brightly colored teams of heroes that have also been adapted in America as shows such as Power Rangers.
- Henshin! has been available for two years as a digital PDF, alongside modules & additional playbooks consistently released since Dec 2017. Since then the game sold over 2,600 units across 30 countries. We’ve also engaged with the Super Sentai & Power Rangers communities, and debuted an exclusive version of the game at Power Morphicon 2018.
- Henshin! is intended to be accessible to all types of game players. We’ve heard from players, that they enjoy that the game allows for diverse representation of heroes (heroes of color, LGBTQ+ heroes, disabled heroes) not always seen in the sentai genre, which we are immensely proud of.
- Our goal with this campaign is to collect all our published content, including new modules, to expand on resources fans have asked for, and to publish everything as a 120+ page paperback book and ebook available for order on demand through DriveThruRPG. We’re aiming for $5,000 to complete this comprehensive book.
We have a lot of Power Rangers/Sentai/Tokusatsu fans on the Allspark who would be into this. The project is already fully funded, hitting 280% of their goal with twenty days remaining in the campaign. So this isn’t some “Haslab Unicron? That’ll never happen!” kind of deal.
Henshin!’s original edition is already available for a delightfully reasonable price, so you can see if the game’s up your alley before committing to the Kickstarter, and invest with confidence.
Perform your own colorful choreography on our forums, Facebook, or Discord!