Hasbro officially announces Transformers BotBots!
Ahead of an unveiling at MCM Comic Con, taking place from October 26-28, Hasbro gives us a sneak preview of their new all-ages Transformers line, Transformers BotBots!
Described as what would happen if Energon covered a shopping center and brought everything in it to life, the massive 61-figure first wave (!) boasts a wide range of adorable one-inch Transformers.
Timeout, fellow kids, you say: does it convert? They sure do! Each BotBots figure has a simple 3-5 step conversion from cute pastry or burger or electronic gadget (etc) to cute robot and back.
The silly, mischievous BotBots are grouped into various tribes, with some of the funniest AND funnest names in all of Transformerdom. Hasbro shares these character lists and tribe profiles:
- The GREASER GANG is a team of greased up and chilled out rulers of the food court who put the fast in fast food. The GREASER GANG characters include SHREDDER JACK, DUDERONI, S’UP DAWG, SPUD MUFFIN, ANGRY CHEESE, HAWT DIGGITY, FOTTLE BARTS, and TWERPLE BURPLE!
- . The JOCK SQUAD is crew of super sporty bots who love to win and are always ready to gear up and get their game faces on. The JOCK SQUAD characters include LACEFACE, BATSBY, KIDD KLOBBER, PUCKSIE, FIT NESS MONSTER, and ARCTIC GUZZLERUSH!
- The SUGAR SHOCKS are a squad of sweet treats who share their own unique sugar rush and kick things into overdrive. The SUGAR SHOCKS characters include SIPPY SLURPS, THE PLOP FATHER, WADDLEPOP, LOLLY LICKS, REMORSEL, SPRINKLEBERRY D’UHNUT, UNILLA ICEQUEENCONE, COCOA CRAZY, and NRJEEZ!
- The TOILET TROOP is a clean-up platoon of bathroom defenders who take care of business by cleaning the bathroom and beyond. The TOILET TROOP characters include SERGEANT SCRUBADUB, KING TOOTS, SUDSBEARD, NOBEEOH, STINKOSAURUS REX, POO SHAM, and FROHAWK!
- The TECHIE TEAM is a cutting edge crew of gotta-have-it phones, gadgets, electronics, and gamer gear. The TECHIE TEAM characters include SCREEN FIEND, CHILLA GORILLA, SKILLZ PUNK, S.A. CHEEZ, RADDHAX, FOMO, GOOB TOOB, and DR. MOGGLY!
- BACKPACK BUNCH: A band of brainy bots who are cooler than school and sharper than a freshly sharpened pencil.
- SHED HEADS: The tough-as-nails team of no-nonsense tools, plants, and home and garden bots.
Transformers BotBots is due Winter 2018, and the figures will be available as individual blind bags for $2.99, or as tribe packs of 5 figures ($9.99) or 8 figures ($14.99)!
Here’s the official word on the new toyline from Hasbro:
BotBots are mischievous little robots who came to life from everyday objects inside a shopping mall! This rare type of Transformers robot is tiny, mischievous, and great at hiding!
Not long ago and somewhere close by, a glowing mist filled with TRANSFORMERS energy called ENERGON came down from the sky and covered a shopping mall. The things inside came to life as little TRANSFORMERS robots! These bots can hide in plain sight as everyday objects, meaning no one knows what’s a bot and what’s not! Mischievous, funny, and super silly, these are… BOTBOTS!
When the Energon hit the objects inside, it made them More Than Meets the Eye. Candy, sports equipment, electronics, school supplies, and other things came to life as little Transformers robots. These robots hide in plain sight at the mall, disguised as the stuff we use everyday.
Each BotBots character belongs to a themed team based on what kind of store they belong in.
There are 61 unique 1-inch characters to collect in the first series of BotBots, each with their own individual personality. Like all Transformers, the characters change from an ordinary object into a little robot in just 3-5 easy steps.
The BotBots all belong to different tribes, inspired by product types you might find in a shopping mall, including the “Sugar Shocks” (sweet treats), the “Backpack Bunch” (school equipment), the “Toilet Troop” (bathroom items), the “Techie Team” (electronic gadgets), the “Greaser Gang” (fast food), the “Shed Heads” (gardening gear), and the “Jock Squad” (sporting goods).
More announcements are set to come at MCM Comic Con!
Latest posts by Michael Estipona (see all)
- Peace through Megatron: Escapist Magazine feature on IDW’s atoning Decepticon leader - November 19, 2018
- Fascinations Metal Earth has new Transformers kits for 2019 - November 9, 2018
- Studio Series gallery: Shadow Raider! - November 9, 2018