Solo: A Star Wars Story Coming To Digital Streaming And Home Media This September!
According to StarWars.com, Solo: A Star Wars Story will be released on digital services such as Vudu, Amazon, and iTunes on September 14th and released on home media formats such as Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand services two weeks later on September 25th.
Check out the trailer below:
While bringing in a disappointing domestic ticket sales in theaters, the film’s home release has been highly anticipated. The following is listed as the disks specifications as well as extra features:
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable — Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie — See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan — Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon –Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia — Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist — Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 — Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso –Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run –Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park — In an exclusive bonus feature available as a digital code with the Target release, you can get a look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
- And Deleted Scenes:
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer. Click here for more information.
This is an adventure you won’t want to miss.
FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 135 min.
RATING: PG-13 in U.S. (Bonus Material Not Rated); PG in CE and G in CF
ASPECT RATIO: 2.39:1
PRODUCT OFFERINGS: Digital 4K UHD (Select retailers include Dolby Vision), HD, SD; 4K UHD Multi Screen Edition (4K UHD + BD + Digital Code); Blu-ray (BD + Digital Code) Feature Film; DVD, On Demand
4K UHD BD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Digital 4K UHD: English Dolby Atmos (for some clients), English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)
Digital HD/SD: English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)
4K UHD: English SDH, Cantonese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese for English, French-Canadian
Blu-ray: English SDH, French & Spanish
DVD: English SDH, French & Spanish
4K UHD/HD/SD Digital: English SDH, French & Spanish
CLOSED CAPTIONS: English (DVD & Digital)
I should note that this film is the first of the new Star Wars films that will not be part of its Netflix deal and therefore won’t be appearing on the popular streaming service. So if you want to watch this film, you will either have to buy it in September or wait for Disney’s eventual streaming service. Let us know what you think about the film in our Solo thread, on our Discord Server, or our Facebook group!