All-New Details on TRANSFORMERS TCG from Hasbro & Wizards of the Coast!
With San Diego Comic-Con is right around the corner, Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast are going to give fans a sneak peek at their new Transformers Trading Card Game. Fans will get the opportunity to buy an early pack with the Transformers Trading Card Game Convention Edition!
Are you looking forward to this trading card game? Join the conversation here in our Allspark forums after checking out the full press release and images below! Not a member? Join our community by creating your own free account here! Or jump right into the live chat on our Discord server or our Facebook Group!
TRANSFORMERS TRADING CARD GAME
IS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
TRANSFORMERS TCG from Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast to Launch Later in 2018; Fans to Get Sneak Peek with Convention Edition Item at San Diego Comic-Con and Gen Con
PAWTUCKET, RI AND RENTON, WA–JULY 10, 2018 – Hasbro, Inc., a global play and entertainment company, and Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro and the publishers of the seminal trading card game Magic: The Gathering, provided more details today about a trading card game inspired by Hasbro’s iconic TRANSFORMERS franchise: the TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game. Designed for players ages 8 and up, the TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game will be available for purchase in the United States and certain other markets later in 2018.
The TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game is a fast, easy-to-learn action battling card game designed for two players. Players build a team of TRANSFORMERS character cards and power them up with a customizable deck of battle cards. TRANSFORMERS character cards are huge – character cards in the AUTOBOTS Starter Set and Booster Packs are twice the size of standard playing cards, and can be flipped from bot mode to alt mode and back – and feature premium printing treatment on one of their sides. The deck of battle cards features Action and Upgrade cards to enhance TRANSFORMERS character cards.
“The TCG format lets us pull TRANSFORMERS characters from across the brand’s massive history. From Bumblebee to Sunstorm – the game is digging deep into the TRANSFORMERS lore,” said Drew Nolosco, TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game Brand Manager. “We can even focus on different aspects of the same character. Optimus Prime, for example, is immensely powerful in combat, but he’s also a master tactician. The Transformers TCG will let players explore the characters’ depth through engaging and tactical gameplay.”
At launch, TRANSFORMERS fans can look forward to the following:
- AUTOBOTS Starter Set – The AUTOBOTS Starter Set contains cards for two players to begin gameplay, and features OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, IRONHIDE and RED ALERT character cards. It will be available for purchase at retailers in the United States beginning on Sept. 28, 2018, and in certain other markets later in 2018.
- TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game Booster Packs – Players can add to their character card teams and battle card decks for full gameplay with Booster Packs. Each Booster Pack contains 1 TRANSFORMERS character card and 7 battle cards from a pool of 40 character cards and 81 battle cards. Booster Packs will be sold separately and available for purchase at retailers in the United States beginning on Sept. 28, 2018, and in certain other markets later in 2018.
Fans can get a first look at four cards for the TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game in July with the TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game Convention Edition. Limited quantities will be available for purchase at Comic-Con International 2018 in San Diego, Gen Con 2018 in Indianapolis and through the Hasbro Toy Shop at HasbroToyShop.com, where available, after the conventions. The TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game Convention Edition contains two TRANSFORMERS character cards (CLIFFJUMPER – RENEGADE WARRIOR and SLIPSTREAM – STRATEGIC SEEKER) and two battle cards (All-Out Attack and Tandem Targeting System) not available in the AUTOBOTS Starter Set or the TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game Booster Packs.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 5 on the 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past seven years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
ABOUT WIZARDS OF THE COAST
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards’ players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as MAGIC: THE GATHERING, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, and AVALON HILL. For more information about our world-renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast web site at www.wizards.com.
Latest posts by Steve (see all)
- BBTS Sponsor News: Star Wars Black/Vintage, One:12 Gambit, King of Fighters, Transformers WFC:Earthrise, Mortal Kombat, Halloween, Into the Spider-verse - October 9, 2019
- TFSource Sponsor News – Siege Omega Supreme, GCreations Reissues, GT Bulance, SS Wave 7, MMC, TFE OP & More! - September 23, 2019
- BBTS Sponsor News: Dark Phoenix, Batman Who Laughs, Star Wars, Mysterio, Titan Body, Vampirella, Pee-Wee, Transformers & More! - September 18, 2019