The Spark in Review: February 10, 2018
It’s been such a week of news we needed a whole extra day to fit it all in! Well, maybe not. But new video reviews of MPM-5 Barricade, hints of a continuing TakaraTomy Legends, Sonic the Hedgehog returning to comics, and some book offerings across the Pacific offer some exciting things to look forward to.
Toy News and Reveals:
The first video reviews of MPM-5 Masterpiece Movie Barricade have hit YouTube, giving us an even closer look at this intricately engineered representation of the film franchise hall-of-famer. On the opposite end of the price and target age scale, Authentics Grimlock has appeared in the Philippines, and photos from both modes demonstrate a loveably dopey dino who might make a good gift or promising custom fodder.
A small and ambiguous reference also indicates that Transformers Legends might not have breathed its last after all, a bit of hope for fans of lavishly decorated Transformers Generations figures or quirky and occasionally squicky fan-focused comics.
Via Pete’s Robot Convention, the originally intended alternate head for T30 Orion Pax was revealed as a rendition of Kup, validating a wide swath of customs projects over the last several years.
Finally, Hasbro has released its financials for the quarter. It’s perhaps unsurprising to learn that Transformers is doing well!
- Video Reviews of Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-5 Barricade
- Transformers Authentics Grimlock Released in the Philippines
- Transformers Legends to continue via TakaraTomy Mall?!
- Alternate Kup Head Sculpt for T30 Orion Pax Revealed
- Hasbro Financials Update
Comics, Cartoons, and Media:
IDW Comics has released its shipping list for February 14th. They’ve also rolled out the full preview for Lost Light #14. Perhaps more exciting, and certainly more kinetic, they’ve revealed that they will be bringing Sonic the Hedgehog back into comics this April!
In a more vintage comics vein, Hero-X have revealed the cover for the Japanese release of the original Marvel 4-part Transformers miniseries, clearly a labor of love.
Fans of Japanese Transformers may be familiar with the Brave lines, TakaraTomy’s 1990s respin of the Transformers concept into a more traditional super robot premise. An art book for the most well-known series, King of Braves GaoGaiGar, has been announced.
In the world of things not necessarily printed on paper, Kabam’s Forged to Fight mobile fighter just gained a movie-based rendition of the Autobot Hound.
- IDW Comics Shipping List for February 14th!
- Lost Light #14 Full Preview
- Sonic the Hedgehog Dashing to Comics This Spring
- Hero-X Reveal Cover for Marvel Transformers Japanese Translation
- King of Braves GaoGaiGar Illustration Works announced!
- Autobot Hound Joins Kabam’s Forged to Fight
Latest posts by Copper (see all)
- Still More Studio Series Photos, Including Group Comparison - February 20, 2018
- Allspark Art Showcase of the Week for February 17th 2018 - February 17, 2018
- BBTS Sponsor News: Marvel, Star Wars, DC Metal Prints, Dragon Ball, One Piece, PAK Cyclops, The Walking Dead, Mythic Legions & More! - February 14, 2018