Dungeons & Dragons Presents Tomb of Annihilation!
Coming this fall is a dark and deadly addition to the Dungeons & Dragons lineup – Tomb of Annihilation! A sick (literally) chapter in the deep history of D&D continue reading to learn more – and that sometimes when you leave, even with your best dice on your best roll, you really CAN’T come back!
It’s the talk of the town – a death curse wasting away anyone who has EVER been raised from the dead. Day by day they grow thinner and closer to actual permanent death. As in no one can bring them back. Anything that worked before isn’t working now. All because of the Soulmonger, a necromantic artifact which is located somewhere in a mysterious peninsula far to the south named Chult, ringed with mountains and topped with rainforests. Read on for the press release!
Dungeons & Dragons Unveils One of the Deadliest Adventure Storylines Ever Created
Explore the Jungles of Chult, Uncover Lost Cities & Face-Off Against Zombie Dinosaurs in Tomb of Annihilation
RENTON, Wash. – June 5, 2017 – This past weekend at the Stream of Annihilation broadcast on Twitch, Wizards of the Coast brought the D&D community together to announce Tomb of Annihilation, the new storyline for Dungeons & Dragons coming Fall 2017. Get a preview of just how deadly the adventure will be this summer on the D&D Twitch channel (www.twitch.tv/dnd). Eclectic and entertaining groups like Dice, Camera, Action; Misscliks; Maze Arcana; Girls, Guts, Glory; Yogcast’s HighRollers; and Dragon Friends, a party of Australian improv comedians, will showcase story elements from Tomb of Annihilation on weekly shows starting in July!
Tomb of Annihilation kicks off with the discovery of a curse that’s afflicting people who have been raised from the dead. Their bodies are slowly deteriorating – skin, hair, and flesh falling off their bones. Strong divinations point to the source of this curse in the jungle peninsula of Chult, a rich land filled with evil snake people, flying aarakocra and pterafolk, and the remains of a vast army of the undead. Adventurers tasked with stopping the curse must travel to settlements such as Port Nyanzaru to secure guides to lead them into the dense jungle. At the end of the journey, a horrifying villain awaits with a familiar visage. Will you survive?
Below is a list of all the Tomb of Annihilation products announced during the event. You can get more details on all of them by checking out www.twitch.tv/dnd and watching the video-on-demand interviews with the people who made them, as well as check out some of the story elements in action.
- The Tomb of Annihilation tabletop RPG adventure provides tons of information on exploring the peninsula of Chult. Available for a wide release on September 19, 2017, and in game stores on September 8!
- Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios are bringing Tomb of Annihilation to Neverwinter, the free-to-play MMO based on Dungeons & Dragons. Look for Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation to debut on PC July 25, and on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 soon after. Find out more at PlayNeverwinter.com.
- Tomb of Annihilation will be available on the digital tabletops Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds in September 2017.
- Fans will be able to play D&D Adventurer’s League modules created for Tomb of Annihilation at Origins Game Fair in June and at Hascon in September 8. Find out more at https://hascon.hasbro.com/.
- In September 2017, Wizards of the Coast will release a Tomb of Annihilation Dice set in a specially designed metal container embossed with the classic green devil face.
- Coming on July 26, 2017 from WizKids is a new Icons of the Realms set of miniatures for Tomb of Annihilation, including a stone juggernaut, pterafolk and an incentive pack featuring the green devil face.
- WizKids is making a brand-new Adventure System board game for Tomb of Annihilation that’s compatible with all previous Adventure System board games, available September 2017.
- WizKids will release a set for Dice Masters based on the storyline in September 2017.
- This Fall, Gale Force Nine will be releasing three new unpainted figures for D&D Collector’s Series, including a stack of three Batiri goblins and a dinosaur rider.
- A new Dungeon Masters Screen created especially by Gale Force Nine for Tomb of Annihilation will be available this September.
- Tomb of Annihilation will be the first adventure for fifth edition D&D officially translated into multiple languages by Gale Force Nine, available later this year.
You can also look for this sourcebook coming later this year from Dungeons & Dragons:
- Available everywhere November 21, 2017, Xanathar’s Guide to Everything is a tabletop RPG book expanding options for players and Dungeon Masters, including more than 20 new subclasses, dozens of spells, and more.
- A limited number of a special alternate-cover edition of Xanathar’s Guide to Everything will be available in game stores on November 10, 2017, featuring a design by illustrator Hydro74 of the beholder crimelord.
To find out more information on Dungeons & Dragons, Tomb of Annihilation and all these products, head to https://www.dungeonsanddragons.com/ and explore!