IDW Announces Revolution Event
IDW have announced the upcoming event “Revolution”, which will herald the combination of their Transformers, G.I. Joe, Micronauts, ROM, M.A.S.K. and Action Man comics into a single universe. Read on for the full press release.
IDW Merges Their Iconic Hasbro Comics
in an Epic Crossover Event
San Diego, CA (June 1, 2016) – IDW Publishing has unveiled its most ambitious comic book publishing venture in its history revolving around its fan-favorite titles based on Hasbro properties.
The “Revolution” event marks the birth of a comic book crossover that will be comprised of not only the TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE properties, but also all-new properties MICRONAUTS, ROM, and ACTION MAN, as well as the launch of a long-awaited M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand series.
This is not a reboot—rather, the Revolution series takes many of the building blocks of what has come before from IDW and builds on them anew, bringing all these elements together in an epic event that results in an all-new status quo for all involved. Everything fans have enjoyed up to this point remains intact as part of this ongoing continuity. The ramifications of Revolution will extend well beyond the event, as all of these iconic characters will henceforth exist in the same universe, altering the scope of IDW editorial in all the Hasbro series from this moment onward.
Revolution, the bi-weekly five-issue event series that launches this initiative, will be co-written by Cullen Bunn (MICRONAUTS) and John Barber (TRANSFORMERS) with art by Fico Ossio (MICRONAUTS). The event kicks off with a world-shaking threat that brings all opposing factions together in a storyline that just might see the destruction of the universe before it can truly begin!
All aforementioned titles will tie-in to the event with a bevy of talent on board including:
- Co-written by Chris Ryall (Onyx), Christos Gage (Marvel’s Daredevil)
- Art by David Messina (Star Trek)
- G.I. Joe
- Written by Aubrey Sitterson (Street Fighter X G.I. JOE)
- Art by Giannis Milonogiannis (Prophet)
- Transformers: Till All Are One
- Written by Mairghread Scott (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, TRANSFORMERS)
- Art by Naoto Tsushima (TRANSFORMERS)
- Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye
- Written by James Roberts (TRANSFORMERS)
- Art by Alex Milne (TRANSFORMERS)
- Written by John Barber (Back to the Future)
- Art by Andrew Griffith (TRANSFORMERS)
- Written by Brandon Easton (Marvel’s Agent Carter, TRANSFORMERS: Deviations)
- Art by Tony Vargas (Rot & Ruin)
- Action Man
- Written by John Barber (TRANSFORMERS)
- Art by Paolo Villanelli (G.I. JOE: SNAKE EYES)
- Written by Cullen Bunn (Uncanny X-Men)
- Art by Chris Panda
- And many more!
“The Revolution series builds out of a detail that was introduced in IDW’s first-ever issue of TRANSFORMERS in 2005,” said IDW’s Chief Creative Officer, Chris Ryall. “So to finally be able to build upon the various story elements we’ve seeded over the years, and which come into play in a big way starting with July’s ROM #1 even before the launch of Revolution, is a blast. We’ve been working toward a full-fledged universe for some time and it’s great fun to be able to finally bring it to vivid life, especially since it allows us to give the world new titles like the very-requested M.A.S.K., as well as some exciting new books still to be announced.”
“We’ve done plenty of crossovers in the past,” said Michael Kelly, Head of Global Publishing at Hasbro, “but nothing near this scope or scale. Our heroes, whether they are from Earth or from distant reaches of the galaxy, all have one thing in common: their powers and abilities are based primarily on technology. We have been able to use this fact to build a natural and believable link between all of these disparate characters. The result is a complex and dynamic world where all manner of conflicts and team-ups can and will exist. If you are a fan of Hasbro’s brands, your time is now.”
As Revolution rolls out, each associated series will receive its own “Revolution” one-shot that ties in to the main event. Revolution will feature an array of variant covers with stunning cover art by Brandon Peterson, Tradd Moore, John Byrne, James Biggie, Adam Riches, Guido Guidi, Ken Christensen, Art Baltazar, and more.
Nothing will be the same after the Revolution erupts this September with issues 1 & 2 plus one-shot tie-ins (G.I. JOE, MICRONAUTS, ROM) all available to order together. Take a stand!
Latest posts by Callum (see all)
- Animated-Inspired Nitro Series Blitzwing? - January 12, 2019
- New Bumblebee Movie Figures Revealed – Retro Soundwave and Ironhide! - January 3, 2019
- IDW Publishing Solicitations for March 2019 - December 22, 2018