Launch Trailer for “Transformers: Rise of The Dark Spark” And Screenshots
A Launch Trailer for “Transformers: Rise of The Dark Spark” has surfaced! The all new Transformers game is out in stores today! Check out the launch trailer and screenshots below, as well as some tips for getting started.
And if you’ve already picked up your copy, here are some tips to get you going:
General Tips for Getting Started
- We suggest starting out your TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK experience here. Beyond giving you a chance to acclimate to the controls and tactics that will help you survive in Escalation, you’ll be able to get an early advantage in co-op by unlocking new characters, unique abilities, and greater tools for staying alive.
- You’ll get a tutorial on how to play using your system’s specific control scheme immediately upon diving into the Campaign, but if you’ve never played one of Activision’s TRANSFORMERS games in the past, here’s a couple of broad points you may find helpful.
o Your TRANSFORMER has two forms – an upright, anthropomorphic robot form and a vehicle form. Each has its own set of weapons and a unique ability. With rare exception, you can change between these forms in a flash at will; learning when to do so can be vital.
o TRANSFORMERS don’t crouch behind cover. Your character is agile enough to maneuver around objects in the environment while dodging enemy fire while angling for the perfect shot (the ability to freely swap which arm holds your weapon in robot form helps here).
o If things get really tough, you can always transform into a car, tank, or jet and speed away to the other side of the battlefield for a moment to breathe.
- Before you get underway, take a moment to pause the game during the first mission.
o To the side of your screen, you’ll see a list of optional challenges that you may complete during each stage of the Campaign. The ones listed on screen are unique for that level, but other challenges track across the entire game (e.g., defeat a certain number of enemies). Some of these challenges are tied to achievements and trophies. You can view a list of all Challenges, Distinctions, and collectibles, including which you’ve completed, in the menu system.
o At the corner of your screen, you’ll see a progress bar with a number attached. This display tracks your profile’s current level, as well as how close you are to reaching your next level. Experience points come naturally through playing the game – defeating opponents, completing challenges, etc.
o Completing challenges and leveling up earns you gear boxes with special content inside. We’ll get to these in the later section on customization.
- First and foremost, all the lessons of the Campaign apply here, too. Your mobility and diversity of abilities, weapons, and forms gives you unparalleled situational versatility next to your opponents. Use the space you are given to your gain.
- A balanced squad of distinct TRANSFORMERS and abilities is a huge advantage, especially in later rounds. Shields, heal beams, and other abilities work well in concert, and a mix of ground and flying units will let you control the entire arena.
- To improve your odds for success, we recommend playing with friends whenever possible. Communicating your actions, movement, and upgrades with your teammates is invaluable. Escalation was designed as a team mode for a REASON – stick together!
- That said, don’t be afraid to get the heck out of there if your team is pinned down with no hope of winning in a firefight. Knowing when to retreat can be crucial, and you may be able to swing back to revive your allies when the chaos settles.
- TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK introduces new abilities and fortifications like turrets, barricades, and decoys to help you control your enemies throughout the battle. These are activated through terminals, with holograms showing the different types.
- Weapons and other terminals around the maps will offer you the ability to change out certain elements of your load out, get additional T.E.C.H. items, and even purchase additional items to use in battle. Best to use these between waves so you don’t take damage while perusing the options available to you.
- Don’t risk what you can’t afford – if reviving a downed friend might cost another life, think carefully. Three survivors remaining is better than two.
- We’re letting you know now that you’ll be facing off against some surprise Power Foes with big guns and big health pools as the match goes on. Don’t get caught unprepared as these guys are tougher and more aggressive than the typical enemies
Customization: Advancing your Autobot… or Developing your Decepticon
- There are over forty playable TRANSFORMERS in TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK, but you’ll only start out with a couple unlocked for use in Escalation.
- As you gain levels and complete challenges in the Campaign and Escalation, you’ll earn Gear Boxes which contain a randomized assortment of new characters, weapons, weapon upgrades, abilities, items, and more. These packs come in different tiers – rarer tiers are more difficult to obtain, but usually contain better prizes as a result.
o The prizes you unlock become immediately available for use across the game. Equip a new heavy weapon, up the damage on your rifle, slot in some defensive items to help with a particularly tricky firefight, and much, much more.
o You can also adjust elements of the Campaign and Escalation (like enemy health and damage) with HACKs, modifying the core challenge and the rate at which you gain experience. HACKs are unlocked via Gear Boxes, as well.
- Campaign character customization can be done within levels. Interact with one of the armory terminals scattered throughout each stage to swap and upgrade your weapon loadout, equip consumable T.E.C.H. items, or activate HACKs.
- Escalation customization is handled through the Character Setup menu via the main menu. From here, you can change your preferred character for either faction, equip and upgrade weapons, select HACKs and T.E.C.H items, and choose special abilities.
· HACKs are special items that increase the challenge with certain conditions, such as making enemies explode on death, adding extra danger. These can be used in both Campaign and Escalation, and typically give an XP bonus. If the host chooses, HACKs can be disabled in Escalation mode, which is helpful if there are new players trying it out for the first time.
Name: TRANSFORMERS™: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK Publisher: Activision Publishing, Inc.
Developer: Edge of Reality, Inc., (3DS only: WayForward Technologies, Inc.) Platforms: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 3, Nintendo Wii U, 3DS & Windows PC
Players: 1-4 (Single-player Story campaign; 1-4 players online in co-op Escalation mode) ESRB Rating: T (Teen), 3DS E10+ Release Date: June 24, 2014 (North America) Pricing: $59.99 (Xbox One/PS4), $39.99 (Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U/PC), $29.99 (3DS)
Hasbro’s hugely popular TRANSFORMERS saga returns to celebrate its 30th anniversary with Activision Publishing’s TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK, a unique, universe-bridging video game arriving alongside Paramount Pictures’ upcoming film, TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION. Combining a gripping single-player story with an energetic, co-operative multiplayer mode, this fast-paced, action adventure gives gamers the chance to jump between two worlds Earth and Cybertron, shift dynamically between robot and vehicle forms in a flash and customize the perfect loadout for churning enemies into scrap.
• A Bridge between Worlds – Weaving together the fabric of two universes, TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK links director Michael Bay’s TRANSFORMERS movies and Activision’s CYBERTRON video games for the very first time. Featuring over 40 playable characters from the noble AUTOBOTS and treacherous DECEPTICONS, worlds collide in this epic battle between good and evil to claim an ancient, powerful relic – the Dark Spark.
• Escalated Escalation – Escalation mode returns, pitting up to four players cooperatively against waves of increasingly brutal adversaries in a frenetic struggle for survival. The introduction of upgradable defense structures, a larger cast of playable characters and daunting Power Foes from TRANSFORMERS lore triggers new possibilities for teamwork, strategy and heroics.
• Evolved Character Progression – An exciting new leveling system transforms single-player and multiplayer into one unified, persistent character development path. Experience earned in Campaign and Escalation modes can be applied to unlock new characters, weapons, items and abilities for use throughout the entire game. Experience modifiers allow players to ramp up the speed (and challenge) of acquiring these bonuses.
• Nintendo 3DS Hand-held Experience – TRANSFORMERS™: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK for Nintendo 3DS™ is a turn-based, tactical strategy and action game based on the same storyline as the console game. Opposing armies can transform into vehicle form to cover larger distances quickly on a grid-like battlefield, maneuvering tactically for ranged attacks and special abilities. Once in melee range of an enemy soldier, players may choose to cut away to a 3D combat arena, where the two units can duke it out with a series of powerful attacks. The game’s single-player Story campaign traverses both TRANSFORMER factions over 32 missions across Earth and Cybertron. Players will explore these two unique worlds as their favorite TRANSFORMERS in a battle to secure an ancient and powerful relic, the Dark Spark!