Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 December 2016 - 12:04 AM)

If Rattrap is still there, I'll just buy it for Toys for Tots. Two plus years is too long to see a figure shelfwarm

@  The Doctor Who : (07 December 2016 - 09:24 PM)

About this much:

@  Telly : (07 December 2016 - 09:06 PM)

what length of rope do you think youll need?

@  D.M : (07 December 2016 - 08:59 PM)

He's gonna need more rope.

@  BlackMax : (07 December 2016 - 06:12 PM)

C'mon now, you can't play the game if you're not going to follow the rules.

@  The Doctor Who : (07 December 2016 - 05:04 PM)

Candlejack Skellington.

@  Noideaforaname : (07 December 2016 - 05:02 PM)

CANDLEJACK CANDLEJACK CANDLEJACK

@  BlackMax : (07 December 2016 - 04:27 PM)

What was he talking about? That old cartoon about Candlej

@  Dracula : (07 December 2016 - 03:01 PM)

ShadowMan024's body was never found

@  ShadowMan024 : (07 December 2016 - 01:59 PM)

Apparently saying "Omnios" has the same effect as saying "Cand

@  Bass X0 : (07 December 2016 - 01:58 PM)

Don't say that name three times or He will return.

@  ShadowMan024 : (07 December 2016 - 01:50 PM)

She also voiced the main villain in that show Omnios liked on Nicke

@  MEDdMI : (07 December 2016 - 09:26 AM)

Emperor's New School series was fun, too. Eartha Kitt still voiced Yzma

@  BlackMax : (07 December 2016 - 09:03 AM)

That was a brilliant bit.

@  Paladin : (07 December 2016 - 08:29 AM)

Three oinkers wearing pants, plate of hot air, basket of Grandma's breakfast and change the bull to a gill- got it.

@  BlackMax : (07 December 2016 - 07:55 AM)

Dammit I was too late!

@  ShadowMan024 : (07 December 2016 - 12:35 AM)

BOOOOOOO YAAAAAAA-HA-HAAAAAAAAH!

@  ShadowMan024 : (07 December 2016 - 12:35 AM)

Bring it on.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (07 December 2016 - 12:34 AM)

Most likely.

@  ShadowMan024 : (07 December 2016 - 12:20 AM)

Sharp rocks at the bottom?

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 11:28 PM)

No no I did see it. The "yep" follows the waterfall.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2016 - 11:19 PM)

BlackMax.. You've never seen Emperor's New Groove? Stop whatever your doing and go watch it.. And while not nearly as good.. Watch Krunk's new groove as well!

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 11:00 PM)

Yep.

@  ShadowMan024 : (06 December 2016 - 09:44 PM)

Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge waterfall.

@  Locoman : (06 December 2016 - 09:39 PM)

Well, you got me. By all accounts, it doesn't make sense.

@  ShadowMan024 : (06 December 2016 - 09:39 PM)

Why does she even HAVE that lever?

@  ShadowMan024 : (06 December 2016 - 09:38 PM)

WRONG LEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

@  MEDdMI : (06 December 2016 - 09:37 PM)

Pull the lever, Krunk!

@  ShadowMan024 : (06 December 2016 - 09:33 PM)

The Emperor's New Groove.

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 09:33 PM)

I didn't understand that reference.

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 09:32 PM)

I...

@  ShadowMan024 : (06 December 2016 - 09:32 PM)

I love that movie.

@  ShadowMan024 : (06 December 2016 - 09:02 PM)

AHAHAHAHA! IT'S DINNERTIME! *thunder crashes*

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2016 - 08:00 PM)

+1 for Locoman!

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 07:14 PM)

Give each of them an Armada Sideswipe.

@  Locoman : (06 December 2016 - 06:45 PM)

Turn them into fleas, harmless, little fleas, and then put that flea in a box, and then put that box inside of another box, and then mail that box to yourself, and when it arrives... SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER!

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2016 - 06:13 PM)

Load them into cannons, load the cannons into bigger cannons, launch the cannons into orbit, then launch them back down into the Marianas Trench.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (06 December 2016 - 06:12 PM)

Load them both into cannons and fire them into orbit.

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 05:19 PM)

We'll load Trump into the cannon and shoot ~him at~ Bieber. Problem solved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2016 - 04:08 PM)

Oh yeah, like I had enough left over for a safety net after buying the cannon. I work retail here!

@  Telly : (06 December 2016 - 03:12 PM)

so long as theres a safety net i can land in sure!

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2016 - 03:09 PM)

Hey man, I didn't get this comically large cannon to NOT shoot somebody out ot it. So unless you're volunteering to take his place.....

@  Telly : (06 December 2016 - 03:02 PM)

cant we just shoot him, full stop??

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2016 - 03:01 PM)

Can't we just like, shoot him out of a comically large cannon or something?

@  Paladin : (06 December 2016 - 02:59 PM)

first you agree to throw Justin Bieber out into the cold & let him freeze to death...

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 02:14 PM)

Say, give us all the Tim Horton's and about 700 kilos of Coffee Crisps and we'll take all the cold. How about it?

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 02:13 PM)

Well hey, let's not be hasty. Canada and the US are allies, we're all friends here on this board, maybe we can negotiate.

@  Telly : (06 December 2016 - 02:11 PM)

just tryin to save you some misery mate :)

@  BlackMax : (06 December 2016 - 04:37 AM)

Well not any more I'm not.:(

@  Telly : (05 December 2016 - 07:59 PM)

@blackmax-cold leads to snow. snow leads to delayed shipments. delayed shipments lead to a paranoid blackmax. are you SURE you want the cold??

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Something coming to Official Transformers Facebook page?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1831 replies to this topic

#1821 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

WAHAHAHA! EH HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!

• Staff
  • 28659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Some of us need way more than two hours to decide whether to buy something or not.

#1822 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10554 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Apr 1 2013, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about your recent experiences, and enforcement might vary from person to person, but I was under the impression that they DON'T let you check your figures when you're checking in.

Not talking about the box set. I'm talking about stuff you buy at the club store. They discourage checking there, too, but it still happens, and they haven't been able to stop it.

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 01 April 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#1823 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

be handing somebody matches and carrying a can of kerosene

• Retired Staff
  • 30894 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

It would be difficult to enforce. Having been to my share of Botcons I can say that while great people are in abundance they're in equal numbers to those with no social graces whatsoever. Although it would be hilarious to have two people dragging off every fanboy who won't move along.

msg-6572-0-28525900-1478149382.jpg

#1824 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10554 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Apr 1 2013, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be difficult to enforce. Having been to my share of Botcons I can say that while great people are in abundance they're in equal numbers to those with no social graces whatsoever. Although it would be hilarious to have two people dragging off every fanboy who won't move along.

Well, that reality was why I was trying to figure out some way of accommodating the "need," while still moving the lines along. Simply making a rule obviously won't cut it.

#1825 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48437 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Apr 1 2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about your recent experiences, and enforcement might vary from person to person, but I was under the impression that they DON'T let you check your figures when you're checking in. I think last year, I started to just quickly open my box set to be sure everything was there, and I got kind of shooed away. You definitely don't have people taking the toys out and transforming them or anything. The best thing is to take your figures back to the room, take time to check them over, and then you can trade for better parts at the service desk or whatever you want to call it at some point during the weekend. The guys there have always been very accommodating.

So yeah, not really sure if that complaint holds up.

In the years I've been I've always been encouraged to check out my boxed set before walking away. I barely do because I feel bad about holding up the line.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#1826 Bleargh001

Bleargh001
  • Supporter
  • 2132 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Apr 1 2013, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(NightViper @ Apr 1 2013, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The souvenirs are on display, listed in the comic, drawn in the comic, photographed in ads set out for everyone to see, part of a video playing on a mobile TV stand, and listed on the sales form. People know what they are before they get to the sales table.

I'm not disagreeing that there are ways to see the souvenirs and make a decision in the two hours between picking up a badge and getting to the front of a line (though you don't get to linger on or look closely at anything except the comic). I'm just saying that none of them are as useful as a nice clear photo on the internet a couple of days before the convention.

I just wish they would set it up so you could pre-order the damn souvenirs along with the box set. I know I will want them, so why not speed everything up by picking them up when I get my box set. It wouldn't really take that much more time, and then the club store line would be ridiculously shorter for the people who want to go buy the other stuff. And the staff could all get back to the rooms and get to bed sooner too. It's just the endless inefficiency that drives me crazy. It's like they want the lines to be horrible, because that lets them know that they are doing a good job or something.

Last year pissed me off the most, because the stupid headband for Soundwave could not be bought in the "souvenir only" line. So the store line was bananas. Ugh.

#1827 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14918 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

The sound wave headband thing was stupid for a lot of reasons.
Woooo!

#1828 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10554 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Apr 1 2013, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about your recent experiences, and enforcement might vary from person to person, but I was under the impression that they DON'T let you check your figures when you're checking in. I think last year, I started to just quickly open my box set to be sure everything was there, and I got kind of shooed away. You definitely don't have people taking the toys out and transforming them or anything. The best thing is to take your figures back to the room, take time to check them over, and then you can trade for better parts at the service desk or whatever you want to call it at some point during the weekend. The guys there have always been very accommodating.

In the years I've been I've always been encouraged to check out my boxed set before walking away. I barely do because I feel bad about holding up the line.

Encouraged by who? Brian and Pete have a spiel they go through before the line starts moving (at least both years I've been recently) where they people NOT to do that in line, but to do so before the end of the convention and come back later if there are any issues.

#1829 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 56593 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Apr 2 2013, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Encouraged by who? Brian and Pete have a spiel they go through before the line starts moving (at least both years I've been recently) where they people NOT to do that in line, but to do so before the end of the convention and come back later if there are any issues.

Cheets was at 1 of the last 4 IIRC, so he's probably thinking back when they encouraged that rather than the last few where they want you to look them over later and come back during the weekend for any replacements.

Randy

#1830 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48437 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Apr 2 2013, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheets was at 1 of the last 4 IIRC, so he's probably thinking back when they encouraged that rather than the last few where they want you to look them over later and come back during the weekend for any replacements.

Randy

At 2011 the person signing off the paperwork and handing me the box encouraged me to open it and check it out. I did so very briefly.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#1831 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10554 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Apr 2 2013, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Apr 2 2013, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Randy

At 2011 the person signing off the paperwork and handing me the box encouraged me to open it and check it out. I did so very briefly.

That actually WAS one of the ones I was at, and indeed I know the "spiel" was done that year because it was the same speech at which AMTC was officially announced. That said, I've ALWAYS thought the people at the actual sign-in desks fail to comprehend that there's a HUGE line behind each person they're so nicely talking to....

That said, as I was saying earlier, I wasn't really talking about the box set originally, but rather the souvenirs at the club store. I don't think we're going to have a lot of success (and if so, at what cost?) in trying to get the nice people to stop being nice to the folks they're working with....

#1832 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14918 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

In my experience, the regulation and exclusive pick-up line had friendly and polite customer service. While that's great in a grocery store, at the scale Botcon operates on it just meant slower lines and was more detrimental to the convention experience.
Woooo!