Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:50 AM)

She....well, I'm not sure what she turns into, but it involves her face splitting in half.

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:49 AM)

There was also Strafe for Female Dinobots.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/33/Raptoricon_symbol.jpg

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

plus the best faction insignia ever

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but yeah we need toys of those Raptoricons yesterday.

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but BW also set the precedent that the gender of the scanned beast mode doesn't need to match the robot mode...so bright colors are fine ;)

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 11:04 PM)

That WOULD be a very good point, except Slash has got ~all the bright colors~, and in the bird world (which as we all know is also the dino world)rampant bright colors are a male thing.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 10:56 PM)

There was that one Deluxe raptor mould from AoE....GET ON IT FUNPU....oh. Now I'm sad.

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 10:54 PM)

...I did not know bout this. Maybe I should amend my comment to "we need more female Dinotobts ~who have toys~."

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 10:05 PM)

@BlackMax - did you know about the Raptoricons? Currently they've only been in fan club prose but they have pretty badass designs and are all female.

@  Rycochet : (03 December 2016 - 09:21 PM)

More female dinosaur transformers would be nice, but not specifically dinobots. Never been a fan of adding new guys to that specific subgroup, it feels a bit like when ageing rock bands add new members.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2016 - 09:02 PM)

Wait, swoop isn't a woman?

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 07:44 PM)

Can I just take a moment and declare that we need some female Dinobots? Because we really need some female Dinobots.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:41 PM)

It was awesome seeing all those heroes together on screen, though. I hope Superman and Martian Manhunter get to participate in the next crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:36 PM)

The solution was also just a bit too easy... the Dominators are apparently just big sissys, give 'em a poke with a caddle prod and they'll run off

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:35 PM)

Yeah, I felt Arrow was the weakest entry... but after least season I kind of got turned off the show, and haven't watched any of the current season.

@  Jalaguy : (03 December 2016 - 05:34 PM)

It was good, but would've been better if Arrow hadn't co-opted its portion to do an relatively pointless anniversary episode.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 December 2016 - 05:31 PM)

Haven't seen any of the DC shows.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (03 December 2016 - 05:24 PM)

How did y'all feel about this week's CW DC shows crossover? I thought it was great and reminiscent of comic books!

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 08:25 AM)

I'm still exploring all the possible mods for the PC version of Fallout New Vegas.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 11:03 PM)

So what, my species is perfectly happy to completely obliterate an undeveloped species to make servants, go full on ADVENT on more developed worlds, but for the middle of the road species suddenly my hands ar tied? Bah.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 10:58 PM)

It's annoying in Stellaris how "Pre-sentient" life forms can be Uplifted (turned into sentient and loyal races) and pre-space age civs can be messed around with and taken over, but you can't do anything about "Stone Age Primitives" so they just end up as a permanent debuff to a planet and end up squatting in valuable tiles.

@  Verity Carlo : (02 December 2016 - 10:53 PM)

To put it simply, everyone is in a race to become god.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (02 December 2016 - 10:42 PM)

I'm playing Tales of Zestiria instead.

@  Touch My Thighs : (02 December 2016 - 10:10 PM)

So basically I'm 15 hours into Final Fantasy XV and it seems like they took the edgy FF7-style game they were going to make, threw it out and made something actually fun instead.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:29 PM)

...and now that I've sat home a short bit I realize I completely forgot to look for Ross, TJ MAXX or Marshalls in the area. Damn.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 09:20 PM)

I envy you.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:17 PM)

Just found RiD Warriors Bisk and Ratchet, plus TR Hot Rod, while hunting. It was a good night.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 08:28 PM)

"You hugin' people..."

@  Strafe : (02 December 2016 - 07:36 PM)

I liked that one, too. I'm not a fan of the guy at all, but "A Few Good Men" is still one of my all-time favorite movies. He's fantastic as Lt. Daniel Kaffee.

@  Kalidor : (02 December 2016 - 06:24 PM)

Tom Cruise sucks but I really did enjoy Edge of Tomorrow

@  Benbot : (02 December 2016 - 03:57 PM)

What? They made a new Mummy movie and cast Tom Cruise? I love Cruise, but isn't he kind of expensive? Kind of stupid to rely on his star power to boost a new franchise instead of...like...good writing? I hope it had both, but I'm not holding my breath.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 11:36 PM)

Now if only I could get one of my GoG games to work right (well series of games) :(

@  Kalidor : (01 December 2016 - 11:24 PM)

Thanks, I picked it up. Worth it for the soundtrack alone

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 10:01 PM)

GoG is awsome.

@  wonko the sane? : (01 December 2016 - 08:07 PM)

woot woot, thank you kindly!

@  Dekafox : (01 December 2016 - 07:42 PM)

Head's up, GOG has Neverwinter Nights up for free for about another 30 hours or so

@  Verity Carlo : (01 December 2016 - 07:30 PM)

the men who murdered my imaginary friends

@  Locoman : (01 December 2016 - 05:30 PM)

I'm coming, Baby Legs! I'm.... Regular... Legs!

@  Benbot : (01 December 2016 - 04:05 PM)

What are you worried about, come get fake doors!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (01 December 2016 - 02:07 PM)

I just found out that Blue from Blue's Clues is a girl. Whoa.

@  Bass X0 : (01 December 2016 - 01:14 PM)

Holy Magikrap!

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 08:45 AM)

Also, TR Triggerhappy is a good mold.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 07:34 AM)

I should have said "not staying together", but anyway.

@  unluckiness : (01 December 2016 - 06:50 AM)

My Astrotrain had that but some floor polish on the tabs helped.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 06:48 AM)

On the subject of recalcitrant TR voyagers, does anyone else have an issue with Sentinel Prime's legs staying together in space-brick mode?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 03:40 AM)

Holy crap or holy carp? ;)

@  BlackMax : (30 November 2016 - 08:41 PM)

...holy crap it works!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 November 2016 - 07:14 PM)

Hold the button (orange spot) on his chest and push them down till they click.

@  BlackMax : (30 November 2016 - 06:05 PM)

The horns can never be kept down! \m/. >_< .\m/

Photo
- - - - -

Season 3 SPOILERS!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
815 replies to this topic

#801 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1274 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Would it? The ponies seem to walk normally on clouds. I think that pegasi can alter the composition of clouds, making them harder or softer, but I could be wrong about that.

#802 Caboo

Caboo

Local Pokemon Trainer

• Supporter
  • 18738 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Well hey there Rainbow Dad.

#803 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

WAHAHAHA! EH HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!

• Staff
  • 28632 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Well the episode has aired. I can finally watch the clips.

Well. That is definitely Rainbow Dash's dad. icon-bee.gif

#804 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 2238 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Promo for the season finale.

#805 (Deactivated) Raritydenmark

(Deactivated) Raritydenmark
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

#806 Caldwin

Caldwin

Hail Sithis!

• Supporter
  • 17412 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(Raritydenmark @ Feb 11 2013, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes...*ahem* yes.

Caldwin, never let it be said that you don't have moments of Genious from time to time...
3DS: 5370 0412 9068
Nintendo ID: Caldwin
PSN: Caldwin

#807 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1274 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, still not feeling any excitement. At best, this is a step to the side for Twilight. It still feels less impressive than the actual destiny that was hinted for Twilight.

#808 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Champion of Towing

• Citizen
  • 32405 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

and what destiny would that be?

The one that you created in your head?

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#809 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1274 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Twilight becoming the next Star Swirl the Bearded, a wizard who's legend has lasted longer than that of even Celestia. It fits with all the hints about Twilight's magical abilities being special, while Twilight getting a royal title doesn't really connect to anything.

Twilight's magical skill and intelligence have been focused on for the entirety of the series. Twilight being a legendary wizard has been foreshadowed since The Cutie Mark Chronicles. Twilight becoming a princess seems completely unrelated to what she has done.

Being a princess might have more to do with magic than has ever been hinted in show, but we're going to have to wait for the next episode for that.

#810 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Champion of Towing

• Citizen
  • 32405 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

... yeah, I don't see where any of that "next Starswirl the Bearded" stuff was hinted at all. And to say being a Princess won't have anything to do with her magical abilities assumes a lot, also.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#811 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1274 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Given that managing a country has been shown to be a political task, there's no reason to assume it would revolve around magic. The episode might change that, but at the moment, there's nothing linking magic with the title.

Not specifically being Star Swirl, but Twilight's magic has been focused on a lot through the series. It's the only thing that has been given a focus as meaning something special in the future. Assuming that she will become an important wizard is the most logical conclusion.

Even in the third season, Celestia was talking about Twilight advancing in her career as a student of magic, and Luna was shown holding a book with stars and swirls on it. Simple conclusion is that Twilight is following Star Swirl's path. This season also had a couple of episodes focusing on Twilight learning and using more powerful magic.

#812 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Champion of Towing

• Citizen
  • 32405 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

The summary itself mentions Twilight writing her own magic.

And Twilight has been given political and social responsibilities from pretty much the start.

So... yeah.

#813 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1274 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Twilight's brother was the Captain of the Guard before becoming a prince, and Twilight has actually been given more responsibility than Cadance, who has always been a princess. Twilight's social and political responsibilities seem independent of being royalty.

She's been treated as more important than just a princess throughout the series, and this honestly kind of devalues her accomplishments, in my opinion.

How writing magic links to becoming a princess is currently unexplained. The synopsis makes it sounds like becoming a princess was Twilight's destiny, rather than granted as a reward for writing new magic, which makes slightly more sense.

#814 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Champion of Towing

• Citizen
  • 32405 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

I think you're niggling over details and prioritizing your own interpretations over any others.

#815 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1274 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Any search for foreshadowing involves niggling over details.

She has great magical power and skill, that leads to being a powerful wizard. Simplest thing in the world, nothing complicated enters into it.

Twilight's magical growth has been given more focus than her growth in other areas. Everything else she has done has extended from her career as a student of magic. How being a student of magic turns to being a princess, I don't know. Maybe the explanation the cartoon gives will make sense, maybe it won't. Should be entertaining to find out.

#816 (Deactivated) Raritydenmark

(Deactivated) Raritydenmark
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Twilight Sparkle: It worked, it worked! Oh, I'm so happy you're back to normal! Now we need your help!
[Twilight Sparkle]
A true, true friend helps a friend in need.
A friend will be there to help them see.
A true, true friend helps a friend in need to see the light that shines from a true, true friend.
Rainbow Dash: Um, hello! Friend trapped inside, remember?
[Twilight Sparkle]
Rarity needs your help
She's trying hard doing what she can.
[Fluttershy]:
Would you try, just give it a chance.
You might find that you'll start to understand.
[Twilight and Fluttershy]
A friend will be there to help you see.
A true, true friend helps a friend in need to see the light that shines from a true, true friend.
Rainbow Dash: Uh, what just happened?
Twilight Sparkle: There's no time to explain, but we need your help. Applejack's trying to make dresses!
Rainbow Dash: Say no more!
[Rainbow Dash]
Applejack needs your help. She's trying hard doing what she can.
Would you try, just give it a chance.
You might find that you'll start to understand.
[Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash]
Rarity: [gasps] Oh my, what a terrible dream I had. Or, maybe I'm still having it.
Twilight Sparkle: Rarity, Pinkie Pie is about to lose the apple farm. We need Applejack's help!
Rarity: Lose the apple farm? Well we can't let that happen, now can we?
[Rarity]
Pinkie Pie is in trouble.
We need to get there by her side.
We can try to do what we can now.
Or together we can be her guide.
[Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity]
[key up]

Applejack: Yee-hah! Now that's more like it, what's next?
Twilight Sparkle: The townspeople are furious, we need the old Pinkie Pie back.
Applejack: I'm on it, I know just the thing.
[Applejack]
The townspeople need you, they've been sad for a while.
They march around, faces frown and never seem to smile.
And if you feel like helping, we'd appreciate a lot!
If you get up there and spread some cheer from here to Canterlot!
Pinkie Pie: Come on ponies, I wanna see you smile!
Crowd: Pinkie!
[All and chorus]
A true, true friend helps a friend in need to see the light (to see the light) that shines (that shines) from a true, true friend!