Photo
- - - - -

Season 3 SPOILERS!

824 replies to this topic

#1 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right Of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 1304 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

It's that time of year again when teasers, sneak peeks, and all manner of spoilers will be heading our way. So it is time to begin a new Spoiler thread for Season 3.

Let the spoilerage begin!

Some interesting info has popped up at Comic Con and Seth from EqD has provided some tantalizing tidbits. Have some copy and paste......

I just got back to the hotel and tossed this into the computer after fumbling with my phone charger for 10 minutes. Sadly my actual camera I used to record the panel lasted about 35 minutes, so I had to grab this portion with my cell. It's not the best quality on the planet, but a ton of people were recording, so hopefully we will see some more in the next few hours/days. You still get the idea!

A few clarifications on what was in the post earlier (I will upload the full panel tomorrow if no one jumps on it by then).

Most of the things in the earlier post were very "hint hint" style. The questions from the audience were not pre-screened at all, so naturally everyone asked about season three.

Trixie's return was "confirmed" with a "I think we're not allowed to say, but I will expect season three to maybe see some great and powerful stuff". after someone asked if she would be returning. (yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes)

There was a great section about Derpy. Someone asked if she would be receiving anymore speaking roles, and the response basically said Hasbro loves Derpy, they have her everywhere now, but she probably wont be able to roll with anything other than background shots. You guys scared the poor girl!

Octavia's section was a question about "Which background pony would you like to voice?". This eventually lead to a shoutout for Octavia, where Cathy Weseluck just out of nowhere busted out an awesome voice for her, with a hint that she could do a duet with Rarity.

Fluttershy turning into a dragon and her cute voice coming from a giant lizard was actually mentioned by Tabitha. Sounds like season 3 to me!

More crazy ponies on the way! These are the best episodes btw.

Dash not confirmed or denied for filly-fooling (this question was hilarious).

They hyped Luna up, so we will probably be seeing more of her.

Tabitha's first panel was a huge success! And her voice is just as amazing in person as in the show.

There were plenty of other really interesting points, but I am running on fumes here when it comes to battery life on just about everything. Anyway, enjoy! I will hopefully have the actual panel up tonight or tomorrow, or if someone else posts it the blog dudes will grab it.

Edited by Guardian Prime, 13 July 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#2 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9306 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

That's some nice animation on windswept Twi. She's more graceful than you'd expect on those teleportations, too.

I hope the Octavia stuff is true; it's getting me pretty psyched for Season 3. Octavia is awesome.

#3 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Forum Moderator
  • 12414 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

I can't summarize my feelings so I'll just address each point individually.

Trixie's return was "confirmed" with a "I think we're not allowed to say, but I will expect season three to maybe see some great and powerful stuff". after someone asked if she would be returning. (yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes)

I'm happy for Seth. icon-fire.gif I'm pretty excited for the return of Trixie as well. Boast Busters was a weak episode, but Trixie has loads of potential as a character. I'm confident that the writers will finally make things right.

There was a great section about Derpy. Someone asked if she would be receiving anymore speaking roles, and the response basically said Hasbro loves Derpy, they have her everywhere now, but she probably wont be able to roll with anything other than background shots. You guys scared the poor girl!

As long as she's still there I'm happy. There are plenty of other background characters still waiting for their turn to get a big surprise speaking role.

Octavia's section was a question about "Which background pony would you like to voice?". This eventually lead to a shoutout for Octavia, where Cathy Weseluck just out of nowhere busted out an awesome voice for her, with a hint that she could do a duet with Rarity.

Throw DJ in there and you have a recipe for an awesome episode.

Fluttershy turning into a dragon and her cute voice coming from a giant lizard was actually mentioned by Tabitha. Sounds like season 3 to me!

Fluttershy's voice coming from a horrible monster. This sounds like an awesome episode.

More crazy ponies on the way! These are the best episodes btw.

I kinda expected this with Meghan in charge. icon-fire.gif

Okay, who asked this question?

They hyped Luna up, so we will probably be seeing more of her.

Yes!

Tabitha's first panel was a huge success! And her voice is just as amazing in person as in the show.

I'm glad Tabitha had a good experience. She hasn't had much interaction with the fandom, so it's good to hear that this went well. I'd love to hear more from her. She's amazing at what she does.
QUOTE(Pocket @ Dec 26 2012, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're turning into the real-life version of that little devil that hovers over people's shoulders and tells them to do horrible things. I'm not liking this development.

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Feb 20 2013, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lesson of the day, when we go on some crazy quest, don't let Fnu Aw hold the Dues Ex Magical Artifact.

QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Apr 14 2013, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, that's it. Tomorrow, I'm painting a giant pentagram on the floor, then buying a goat and sacrificing it to Fnu Aw, Lord of All Evil.

#4 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9306 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jul 13 2012, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I dunno why they'd have really expected an answer. It should've been asked of Lyra and Bon-Bon, if anypony (not that this question would've been answered, regardless of who it was about). When people talk about Rainbow being gay, there'll always be some others who take issue with the notion because they assume (rightly or wrongly) that the other party believes it simply because Dash is a tomboy and has rainbow-colored hair. There probably are a few people who think she's gay simply for those reasons, but I imagine most don't.

I haven't watched a video of the panel yet, but I really hope the person who asked didn't actually say "filly-fooling". I really dislike that term for some reason, and I can only imagine it would sound worse spoken aloud than in text.

I'm glad Tabitha had a good experience. She hasn't had much interaction with the fandom, so it's good to hear that this went well. I'd love to hear more from her. She's amazing at what she does.

Maybe because Rarity grew in popular relatively slowly. But now, I imagine Tabitha has as many fans as any of the others. Given her background prior to voice acting for animated series, though, I imagine she's still a bit more reserved in dealing with it all.

#5 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 20652 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jul 13 2012, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fluttershy's voice coming from a horrible monster. This sounds like an awesome episode.

... Or maybe they'll dig up the first pass Dragon design again. The sparkly one.
QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Mar 28 2013, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You won't be the killjoy, we will. We will kill the absolute jive out of that joy.

#6 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

• Forum Moderator
  • 12414 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Jul 13 2012, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I dunno why they'd have really expected an answer. It should've been asked of Lyra and Bon-Bon, if anypony (not that this question would've been answered, regardless of who it was about). When people talk about Rainbow being gay, there'll always be some others who take issue with the notion because they assume (rightly or wrongly) that the other party believes it simply because Dash is a tomboy and has rainbow-colored hair. There probably are a few people who think she's gay simply for those reasons, but I imagine most don't.

I haven't watched a video of the panel yet, but I really hope the person who asked didn't actually say "filly-fooling". I really dislike that term for some reason, and I can only imagine it would sound worse spoken aloud than in text.

I'm guessing that the person who asked the question just wanted the answer to not be "no".

Maybe because Rarity grew in popular relatively slowly. But now, I imagine Tabitha has as many fans as any of the others. Given her background prior to voice acting for animated series, though, I imagine she's still a bit more reserved in dealing with it all.

That makes sense. Rarity wasn't very popular until she started getting amazingly hammy and we all found out what Tabitha is capable of.

QUOTE(Nutjob R/T @ Jul 13 2012, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jul 13 2012, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

... Or maybe they'll dig up the first pass Dragon design again. The sparkly one.

I wouldn't mind seeing the original design at some point.

Edited by Fnu Aw, 13 July 2012 - 06:42 PM.

You're turning into the real-life version of that little devil that hovers over people's shoulders and tells them to do horrible things. I'm not liking this development.

Lesson of the day, when we go on some crazy quest, don't let Fnu Aw hold the Dues Ex Magical Artifact.

Right, that's it. Tomorrow, I'm painting a giant pentagram on the floor, then buying a goat and sacrificing it to Fnu Aw, Lord of All Evil.

#7 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 2357 posts
  • Location:Hasbro Studios, or at least, my spirit lives on there
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

All sounds good except for random personalityless background prop Octavia possibly getting a song just for the sake pleasing bronies. After the idiocy that surrounded the whole Derpy thing I was hoping for them to flat out snub bronies and just do the show they are paid to do.

#8 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9306 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Except they never really did anything wrong with Derpy; it was just a few idiots with a mistaken notion of what politically correct actually means that eventually turned the whole thing into an internet dramafest.

What would these people complain about with Octavia? Technically, she's just another background pony model for the animators to make use of. If the hint has any truth to it, it'll be a Rarity song in a Rarity episode which happens to feature Octy in a guest role which her physical appearance somehow made her suitable for (she wouldn't be the first visitor from Canterlot Rarity's had). Whether or not the episode and her role in it works depends on the writing. There'll be no hot-button, idiotic buzz word like "ableist" for trolls to throw around.

#9 Sobana

Sobana

Destroyer of Love & Identity Thief

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

I knew with all the Trixie toys selling out so fast they would have her return, I hope Gilda comes back too.

Nayuki, can you tell us on a scale from season one to season two how amazing the next season will be?
Spoiler

#10 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

• Forum Moderator
  • 12414 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

I have no doubt that season 3 will be awesome. I fear nothing.

#11 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4606 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

I fear fear.
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#12 pao

pao

Life is a struggle.

• Supporter
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Teed that one up for you, eh?

#13 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

• Forum Moderator
  • 12414 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

I think season 3 is going to feel very different from both previous seasons.

#14 Sobana

Sobana

Destroyer of Love & Identity Thief

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Jul 13 2012, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sobana @ Jul 13 2012, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nayuki, can you tell us on a scale from season one to season two how amazing the next season will be?

Season three.

You just broke the measurement system! No words can express my excitement now! celmmmmf.png

Lol, yeah, I was totally hoping you would say that.
Spoiler

#15 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

• Forum Moderator
  • 12414 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm hoping for a season that feels more like a coherent whole than season 2 did. I want something tying the two ends of the season together.

One thing I love about season 1 is that we did get the whole Grand Galloping Gala arc. Finally getting to see the gala and then seeing it all fall apart, and watching the last of the ponies (Fluttershy) have a meltdown, it all felt like a nice conclusion to the season. But what I think would have been even better would have been to have The Return of Harmony be the season 1 finale. Imagine that. The season would have ended "back where you began". The season began with Twilight making friends and moving to Ponyville. The season would have ended (well, almost) with Twilight losing her friends and slinking back to Canterlot. The season began with Celestia giving Twilight the assignment of sending friendship reports. The season would have ended with Celestia sending the friendship reports back. Egad it would have been perfect.

My biggest disappointment with season 2 is that it lacked this coherence entirely. It's a string of awesome episodes with nothing tying the ends of the string together. A Canterlot Wedding felt like a standalone movie rather than a season finale. I loved it, and I loved most of the episodes throughout the season, but I'm trouble defining the season as a whole.

One thing I love about season 2 is that it had a wonderful experimental feel to it. The status quo got broken up with the others being asked to write friendship reports. Luna got a total redesign. There was a lot of character development. The animation improved over time. I'm hoping that when season 3 comes around I'll look back on season 2 as the transition that led us to whatever season 3 is going to be.

#16 Caldwin

Caldwin

Outta my way!!!!

• Citizen
  • 6627 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

I don't really know what to hope for in Season 3. I watched seasons 1 and 2 back to back on Netflix in quick succession. To the point of, if you ask me what season a particular episode is from, I probably couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you what season I liked more. I can tell you some of my favorite episodes though.

If I had to list things I hope for in season 3, all I could really say is:

1. More Luna
2. More Derpy
3. Give Rainbow Dash a break. Poor thing seems to have been the buttmonkey for a while now.
4. More Luna
5. Epic adventures. The slice of life episodes are great and all, but I really love the more epic adventures
6. An Applejack story that's an Applejack story (not Applejack plus someone else, or Applejack overshadowed by Derpy)
7. More Luna
8. Cutie Mark Crusaders get their cutie marks
9. How do they deal with their relationships to eachother after getting their marks.
10. More Luna

I'm actually a Transformers fan. That's how I joined the Allspark years ago. I just watched the first two episodes on Netflix today. But let me make one thing perfectly clear. I am not, nor will I EVER be...a brony. It's just not who I am. It just is not going to happen.

#17 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4606 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

I still say the show has a non-linear time line, meaning seasons 1 and 2 take place inside of each other.
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#18 mariomarc

mariomarc
  • Citizen
  • 900 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

http://www.equestria...al-fair-hd.html
better quality video of that song

and another song

oh my gosh
so much stuff
I LOVE EVERYPONY!

#19 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

• Forum Moderator
  • 12414 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(TM2 Dinobot @ Jul 14 2012, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still say the show has a non-linear time line, meaning seasons 1 and 2 take place inside of each other.

For the most part I agree. Some episodes could definitely be rearranged, and in a few cases that would actually improve the timeline. However the two seasons couldn't be completely rearranged. For one thing the animation has gotten considerably better. Later season 2 episodes do not look like early season 1 episodes. For another thing there's been considerable character development.

#20 Shutterbug

Shutterbug
  • Supporter
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

At first I didn't like either song too much, but after listening a couple more times, they really grew on me. I really enjoy both. The animation is smooth as butter and, to me at least, a noticeable jump from Season 2. I immediately had to gif both videos. I'll put the gifs here since it is still kind of spoiler-ish.

The best

Go gif shopping

Download all gifs from mediafire

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users