Transformers Prime First Edition arrives at TJ Maxx

27 replies to this topic

#1 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

I just visited the TJ Maxx in Rochester, MI and noticed they now carry Prime First Edition role playing toys, like the Bumblebee Ion Blaster. Perhaps they will get other First Edition toys?

#2 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

Feel the rhythm. Now alter the beat

• Citizen
  • 2760 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

This sounds like a Five Below Windcharger thing about to happen. Immediately all high E-bay prices hit rock bottom icon-fire.gif

rythm-court-2-o.gif

#3 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

I would laugh my ass off if this happened...

#4 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4894 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

I know some have insisted the toys were never made, and I don't doubt that per se, but I've still sort of been expecting this sooner or later.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#5 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4507 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

This had to happen just after I found a FE Bulkhead for less than $100.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#6 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18259 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

TRU is getting the BB Blaster too. Or maybe they've just had them the whole time and they aren't selling...

#7 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2429 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(Quantumhawk @ May 5 2012, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TRU is getting the BB Blaster too. Or maybe they've just had them the whole time and they aren't selling...

They've had 'em for awhile. Just a repaint anyway.
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#8 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6090 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(gargunkle @ May 5 2012, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know some have insisted the toys were never made, and I don't doubt that per se, but I've still sort of been expecting this sooner or later.
I don't know why they'd claim the toys were never made. They demonstrably were made, they just weren't for the US market.

#9 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Forum Moderator
  • 16089 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

I still don't buy the story that they weren't intended for the US market. Hasbro just doesn't want to throw retailers under the bus. That said, I do still believe that Hasbro will find somebody to carry the FEs eventually. Over the years they really have been pretty good about finding ways to release things here. I mean, we're getting MP-10 with the trailer.
QUOTE(Pocket @ Dec 26 2012, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're turning into the real-life version of that little devil that hovers over people's shoulders and tells them to do horrible things. I'm not liking this development.

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Feb 20 2013, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lesson of the day, when we go on some crazy quest, don't let Fnu Aw hold the Dues Ex Magical Artifact.

QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Apr 14 2013, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, that's it. Tomorrow, I'm painting a giant pentagram on the floor, then buying a goat and sacrificing it to Fnu Aw, Lord of All Evil.

#10 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18259 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ May 5 2012, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still don't buy the story that they weren't intended for the US market. Hasbro just doesn't want to throw retailers under the bus. That said, I do still believe that Hasbro will find somebody to carry the FEs eventually. Over the years they really have been pretty good about finding ways to release things here. I mean, we're getting MP-10 with the trailer.

No offense but I don't think that's a very good example. Trying to bring things to market, yes...trying to bring things *back* to market when original plan fell through and they've got a year worth of new product already in the pipeline and on the way to shelves, not so much. See Animated, DotM, RtS Rumble and Frenzy, etc.

#11 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17331 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(Rosicrucian @ May 5 2012, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(gargunkle @ May 5 2012, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know why they'd claim the toys were never made. They demonstrably were made, they just weren't for the US market.

Which means, though, that the production numbers were supposedly cut substantially. With the US order cancelled, production was halted.

If that was the case, then there aren't any toys for TJMaxx and the like to release. It's not like times previous, when they're receiving overstock shipments from the larger retailers.

#12 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2948 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, we've never seen, even leaking out through eBay, anything but the first wave of Deluxes and the Entertainment Pack (and I think maybe Cliffjumper) in US packaging. There might be more Arcees, Starscreams and Bumblebees out there somewhere, and maybe CJ, but beyond that? Doesn't seem likely.

On the other hand, unlike other "similar" situations like the end of DOTM and Animated, the FE molds are actually relevant to the line Hasbro IS selling right now. It's not like trying to convince a retailer to take Animated exclusives after the line is dead and the show is over. They found a spot for Terrorcon Cliffjumper, albeit a pretty unusual one...I wouldn't write off the potential release of Prime and Bulkhead or the Vehicon just yet.

#13 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4894 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm not depending on these showing up (I really only wanted Arcee, and the RiD version seems decent enough) but I will be pleased if they do!
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#14 Engledogg

Engledogg
  • Citizen
  • 1939 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, we've never seen, even leaking out through eBay, anything but the first wave of Deluxes and the Entertainment Pack (and I think maybe Cliffjumper) in US packaging.

We've seen the Voyagers in English-only packaging. There are some on eBay right now.

This one is from Hong Kong, but it's in U.S. packaging.
http://www.ebay.com/...1#ht_500wt_1361

Another one, this time from the Philippines:
http://www.ebay.com/...e#ht_500wt_1361

MIKE
engledogg

Edited by Engledogg, 05 May 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#15 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6090 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ May 5 2012, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which means, though, that the production numbers were supposedly cut substantially. With the US order cancelled, production was halted.

If that was the case, then there aren't any toys for TJMaxx and the like to release. It's not like times previous, when they're receiving overstock shipments from the larger retailers.
Recall though, this is also a market that got things like the 2008 Special Editions, which were HTS and Asian-market exclusives.

#16 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17331 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Although, that's because they didn't sell all that quickly.

Really doesn't seem that there's many FEs sitting around at retail to clearance out like that.

#17 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Most of my local stores still are stocking only DOTM and Bot Shots... nothing else.

My Walgreens is a wonderful mishmash of Scouts... containing DOTM, ROTF, Yellowbox and Animated Activators all on one peg! No one will buy them and they won't restock until they are gone.

#18 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Forum Moderator
  • 16089 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Quantumhawk @ May 5 2012, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ May 5 2012, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offense but I don't think that's a very good example. Trying to bring things to market, yes...trying to bring things *back* to market when original plan fell through and they've got a year worth of new product already in the pipeline and on the way to shelves, not so much. See Animated, DotM, RtS Rumble and Frenzy, etc.

The point is that Hasbro has proven to be more than willing to cater to us when it's possible to do so. There's just not much Hasbro can do to get retailers interested in Animated toys. There also wasn't much they could do to interest retailers in RtS toys when Dotm was fast approaching, and there wasn't much they could do to interest retailers in DotM toys when Prime toys were finally coming.

What's different about the FEs is that the show hasn't been cancelled, the Prime toyline is still being supported, and the next movie is nowhere in sight. There's nothing about the FEs that should scream "shelfwarmer" to retailers.
QUOTE(Pocket @ Dec 26 2012, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're turning into the real-life version of that little devil that hovers over people's shoulders and tells them to do horrible things. I'm not liking this development.

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Feb 20 2013, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lesson of the day, when we go on some crazy quest, don't let Fnu Aw hold the Dues Ex Magical Artifact.

QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Apr 14 2013, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, that's it. Tomorrow, I'm painting a giant pentagram on the floor, then buying a goat and sacrificing it to Fnu Aw, Lord of All Evil.

#19 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18259 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ May 6 2012, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The point is that Hasbro has proven to be more than willing to cater to us when it's possible to do so. There's just not much Hasbro can do to get retailers interested in Animated toys. There also wasn't much they could do to interest retailers in RtS toys when Dotm was fast approaching, and there wasn't much they could do to interest retailers in DotM toys when Prime toys were finally coming.

What's different about the FEs is that the show hasn't been cancelled, the Prime toyline is still being supported, and the next movie is nowhere in sight. There's nothing about the FEs that should scream "shelfwarmer" to retailers.

Ok but the FE toys are rehashes of figures already out at retail. You don't seriously think retailers are going to let Hasbro put *another* Optimus Prime and Bumblebee on the shelf at the same time as the other ones, do you? icon-primal.gif

#20 Star-A-Star

Star-A-Star

Who wants some robot chicken?

• Citizen
  • 6007 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(Quantumhawk @ May 6 2012, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ May 6 2012, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok but the FE toys are rehashes of figures already out at retail. You don't seriously think retailers are going to let Hasbro put *another* Optimus Prime and Bumblebee on the shelf at the same time as the other ones, do you? icon-primal.gif

*looks at all 3 movie lines*

Ummm...Yes?
Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users