Pictures of upcoming Generations deluxes

293 replies to this topic

#121 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 2083 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

I'm absolutely gutted looking at these new figures. I haven't bought any 'new' Transformers since Generations part 1 ended, but this doesn't really inspire me to open my wallet in anticipation. Not keen on the Vehicon Lite design aesthetics, but mostly I just have no interest in Cybertronian vehicles. What Hasbro did with Generations part 1, take familiar characters like Straxus and Kup and give them Earth vehicle designs, was inspired. This on the other hand is just... Meh.
QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimately, collecting toys with gold plastic is like global thermonuclear war. The only way to win is not to play.

#122 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6807 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

Starscream looks pretty good.

Sideswipe is disappointing as a remold of Jazz. He isn't terrible, but he doesn't exactly excite me.

Fireflight also looks off. I appreciate the remolding but this one isn't working for me.

Ultra Magnus, on the other hand, works very well. Not sure what is up with the giant sword though.

Kickback looks a lot better here. I'm sure I can get him looking good with some fiddling. I like him.
What is singature?

#123 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41569 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(GALVATRON I @ May 2 2012, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultra Magnus, on the other hand, works very well. Not sure what is up with the giant sword though.

Its a remold of Optimus Prime's gun. Thats why its not a hammer.

It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#124 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10835 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

On Insecticon/Kickback:

1) THIS, Please Hasbro/Fun Pub or whoever, THIS MUST HAPPEN:

2) Doing up the Deluxe Insecticon Ransack colors I got a better look at the mold. I was skeptical of the idea when it was first suggested but now I really DO think they could pull Shrapnel and Bombshell out of this same mold. Especially with the levels of remolding Fireflight and Sideswipe have. I don't know if they would, but I think they definately could.

-ZacWilliam, now, at last unsure whether to pick up the 3rd party insecticons or wait... either way I want Ransack icon-hotrod.gif
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#125 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8602 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE(Anonymous X @ May 2 2012, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mostly I just have no interest in Cybertronian vehicles. What Hasbro did with Generations part 1, take familiar characters like Straxus and Kup and give them Earth vehicle designs, was inspired. This on the other hand is just... Meh.

This, actually.

As much as I love the look into pre-G1 Cybertron, I just can't get past the thought that these toys represent a look that's 4 million years out-of-date. The 80s-retro style that we usually fall into is annoying enough, but I would've liked to see at least a few modern-day Earth modes in the mix.

Though I'll likely be looking for the Insecticon, just as a sub for the Prime version. Insecticons don't really do Earth modes anyway.

#126 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2011 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'm intrigued by the Metalhawk photoshop comment. Would someone be able to make one up?
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#127 Meister79

Meister79
  • Retired Staff
  • 2479 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

http://www.facebook....4...8631&type=3

In-package images of Optimus Prime, Jazz, and Shockwave.
Loving the new Generations packaging! icon-silverbolt.gif

#128 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48797 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Yeah that was one of the things that impressed me the most at BotCon, was the packaging for the new Generations guys. icon-ironhide.gif

Randy

#129 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 1511 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

I love how Prime and Generations has the character art big and bold on the card, that's my preference over DOTM, where it's just a headshot inside the bubble. Really excited to see these on the pegs.

My local no-kill shelter is in real trouble, story is HERE :(

If anyone can donate (click the logo below) or just share this story with everyone they know, I'd really appreciate it.

BTiENxT.png

#130 JP Yantha

JP Yantha

Go Jays Go!

• Validating
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Is it me or do the figures look smaller than usual?

#131 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10835 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Dagger @ May 2 2012, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it me or do the figures look smaller than usual?

There are a couple of reasons:

1) They are. A little. Economics.

2)The cards have HUGE character art, which is a change and I think makes them look a bit smaller in comparison.

-ZacWilliam, were the cards they were on at Botcon different than these? For some reason in those pics they didn't look quite as small on the cards to me?

#132 Robowang

Robowang
  • Citizen
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Still no interest in Cybertronian cars.

However, with that particular gun, Sideswipe would make a pretty great Calcar with a new head!

Also, Starscream SCREAMS Triggerhappy. Any kind of Thundercracker repaint could be made into a Triggerhappy fairly easily. The jet mode is perfect, and the robot is pretty close.

Also, I have apparently turned into Zac William.

twistygif_zpsmscm9gxa.gif

Attention rich people: Complete/loose G1 collection for sale $20,000. Includes all figures and accessories from U.S. G1

My Wants List
Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs
My feedback

#133 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10835 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Robowang @ May 2 2012, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I have apparently turned into Zac William.

Listen carefully.

Run into the nearest forest.

Search for an old gypsy woman.

She will ask you for three Throttlebots.

Give them to her.

She will give you a word.

Write it on a G1 instruction sheet.

If ya want doodle a small robotic animal on there too. (It's fun.)

Burn it at midnight.

It is too late for me. But there is still hope for you.

-ZacWilliam, GO, RUN you fool. RUN.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 02 May 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#134 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 23059 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ May 2 2012, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Anonymous X @ May 2 2012, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mostly I just have no interest in Cybertronian vehicles. What Hasbro did with Generations part 1, take familiar characters like Straxus and Kup and give them Earth vehicle designs, was inspired. This on the other hand is just... Meh.

This, actually.

As much as I love the look into pre-G1 Cybertron, I just can't get past the thought that these toys represent a look that's 4 million years out-of-date. The 80s-retro style that we usually fall into is annoying enough, but I would've liked to see at least a few modern-day Earth modes in the mix.

Actually, they aren't or don't have to be. Look at Animated, and how Sentinel Prime only uses an Earth Vehicle mode on Earth. Or the currently IDW Comics where they adopt new cybertronian forms after leaving Earth behind. These don't have to be "out of date" seeing as even in the movies we see how easily they can change alt modes. We also know their are other planets in TF lore, they very well can't be "robots in disguise" on planet where vehicles look nothing like Earth ones.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#135 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 9041 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

I echo the sentiments on the packaging. That's one of my favorite things about these -- they finally went and gave them a retro-G1 grid feel!

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ May 2 2012, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(lastmaximal @ May 2 2012, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kickback looks okay here now that I can puzzle out what the altmode is supposed to look like [broken-glass-laden G1 Kickback, cool!]. Wonder if we stand a chance of getting the others.

Ransack atleast would be awesome. I don't think he'd really even need any remolding.

...Or is he not one of the others you meant?

-ZacWilliam, just wants too see more Deluxe Insecticon love. Even the 3rd party sets havn't done the obvious repaints darn it...

I'll take whatever we can get. That digibash is sweet!

Edited by lastmaximal, 02 May 2012 - 11:06 AM.

ho6m.png

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE

Virtually&nbsp;every custom as good as the title suggests!

#136 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41569 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'm sure we will see many of these toys as future Botcon / Club exclusives.
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#137 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4752 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'm buying every one of them. I'd be lying to myself if I said otherwise.

Especially like Magnus, and the two Shockwave molds.

On them twitters

#138 General Tekno

General Tekno

Nova Mew

• Citizen
  • 1721 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ May 2 2012, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to wonder... if the subscription service does well, will they try another combiner using it? As they could do Ruination, for the RiD fans.
BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!

#139 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41569 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(General Tekno @ May 2 2012, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ May 2 2012, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to wonder... if the subscription service does well, will they try another combiner using it? As they could do Ruination, for the RiD fans.

I was thinking about this.

A Bruticus repaint in the Botcon box set plus a Voyager. Then two of those Deluxe molds as attendee exclusives since molds get reused. Then the other three combiner components in the Subscription package set so you could complete two combiners in the same year if you really wanted to.

I was thinking Nexus Prime, Ruination or Battle Gaia.

#140 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Guided by the wind

• Citizen
  • 2179 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ May 2 2012, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And someone who is an expert on WFC/FoC could tell whether the huge gun Sideswipe uses, or Starscream's oddly G1 Vortex-looking cannons are some sort of in-game weapons? Especially the latter looks familiar.

Starscream's gun seems to be the X12 Scrapmaker (twin-drum minigun) from WfC. It's a shame they didn't give him his in-game Null Ray (sniper rifle) instead; he still looks really good, though. As for Sideswipe, that oversized gun of his resembles the Ion Displacer (gatling gun) somewhat - or it could be a new weapon from FoC. Also, count me in among the people who thought Sideswipe was an entirely new mold from Jazz. icon-fire.gif

I wasn't expecting much from Magnus, but seeing those promo shots pretty much sold me on him. icon-ironhide.gif I wonder, though, if this means we'll end up seeing OP languish on shelves while people instead wait for Magnus to come out... icon-wildride.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users