- - - - -

Hasbro Brand Panel - 3pm CDT

619 replies to this topic

#101 StarScreamZX

StarScreamZX
  • Citizen
  • 2800 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Eh, if I could only buy 1 version of Bruticus, it would be the regular retail version. Overall, I like that deco just a little bit more. I'm going to try and get the SDCC version as well (love that box) but I doubt I'll be able to get 1 via the Hasbro TS.

Don't think my chances of getting a MP Prime at a TRU around here are very high either. Pretty much convinced at this point that the scalpers hogging all the nice TRU exclusives TFs are TRU employees!

Biggest surprise for me so far is how much I actually dig that TFP Wheeljack redeco. Awesome new head sculpt too.

#102 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Those Legion Cassettebot disks are right from Kamen Rider aren't they? (just smaller of course).

#103 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13080 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Apart from Thundertron it sounds like a total snorefest. I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't think FOC should "count" in the greatest hits legacy line.
The TFWiki: when just five Infernos aren't enough. http://www.tfwiki.net

#104 Database

Database

Dance my ponies, Dance!

• Citizen
  • 21242 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Apr 28 2012, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apart from Thundertron it sounds like a total snorefest. I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't think FOC should "count" in the greatest hits legacy line.

Since when is Generations that? And By the logic, I don't think Black Shadow or Junkheap should have been in the line either, since when were they "great hits"?
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#105 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 9162 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

If the designs weren't being used in IDW I might be a little hesitant, but I'm still pumped.

I've wanted a line of cybertronian vehicles since I saw MTMTE, so I can't complain that they're gonna dominate the shelves next year.

#106 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 4989 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

I like WFC/FOC stuff. New Prime-Pirate sounds interesting.

Overall something of a lackluster reveal.
SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone!

TWITTER: Paladin4221

#107 Suspsy

Suspsy

This Title Section Needs To Be Longer

• Citizen
  • 3787 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Apr 28 2012, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously. About the only FOC toy I want right now is Shockwave. And I'd gladly pass on him for a Voyager-sized G1-style version.
If You Even Dream Of Beating Me, You'd Better Wake Up And Apologise.

#108 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 5523 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Soundwave looks great. I wonder how much influence Bakugan had on them doing these Recordicons. I'm a little disappointed that Laserbeak is a bird instead of the alien thing he was in MTMTE. Ravage is far and away the best looking mold, which is good for me because he's the character I'm most likely to buy. I probably won't get the Recordicons I already have G1 toys of (Ravage aside), but I fervently hope for a Howlback, Garboil, Enemy, and Wingthing.

I'm eager to hear more about these Generations voyagers. Given the return of tape guys, I'm hoping we'll get a nice Blaster; and I hope he'd have a Marvel head, which probably isn't likely. It would be nice to get another crack at G1 Optimus in that size, as I'm not a fan of the Classics mold.

I like Kickback's robot mode a lot, but I can't make any sense of his bug mode. I'll need to stare at the photos a bit longer.

I'm glad they're still doing Generations molds with alternate heads, but the two we know of so far don't interest me. I don't need the tiniest Magnus, particularly when we've got Prime Magnus on the horizon, and I'm perfectly happy with the existing Spy Streak redeco as my Cybertronian Fireflight. I really want to know who else is getting Jazz's mold.

I'm really looking forward to Thundertron, and I'll be interested to see how he and the Star Seekers will be worked into the fiction. Are they for the show? Are they just in games?

Edited by Chip, 28 April 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#109 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3468 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(Chip @ Apr 28 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really looking forward to Thundertron, and I'll be interested to see how he and the Star Seekers will be worked into the fiction. Are they for the show? Are they just in games?

So far they're just in the novels.
In Exiles it seemed they were setting them up as a future big threat.
For what medium that's supposed to payoff in we have no clue.

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot, the Star Seekers are involved with that Asian MMO aren't they?

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 28 April 2012 - 08:21 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#110 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Forum Moderator
  • 12546 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

That MP-10 is mine. I know where my local TRU's employees hide things they want for themselves, so I'm sure I'll be able to find one.

I'm just worried about quality control. My TRU MP Roddy came with a broken shoulder and I never saw another one in stores so I wasn't able to replace it.
QUOTE(Pocket @ Dec 26 2012, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're turning into the real-life version of that little devil that hovers over people's shoulders and tells them to do horrible things. I'm not liking this development.

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Feb 20 2013, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lesson of the day, when we go on some crazy quest, don't let Fnu Aw hold the Dues Ex Magical Artifact.

QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Apr 14 2013, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, that's it. Tomorrow, I'm painting a giant pentagram on the floor, then buying a goat and sacrificing it to Fnu Aw, Lord of All Evil.

#111 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10237 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(gargunkle @ Apr 28 2012, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did they show a photo of Prime Runamuck, and if so what did he look like? This is important to me as I'm right in the middle of customizing a set of Runatwins.

I believe the reports of Prime Runamuck are actually referencing the Rumble that we already knew about and have seen a few small pictures of (blue car, big piledriver arms).

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Apr 28 2012, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that's a lot of nobodies... Shockwave? Combaticons? Optimus Prime? Jazz? Sideswipe? Starscream? Ultra Magnus? Who are all these losers?

Yeah, I know, FOC isn't G1... it's just most of the same characters from G1 telling the G1 story in the context of a video game series and that's totally different somehow.

I apologize for the snark, but the complaint just seems so misplaced to me. The only reason these don't "count" to some people is because Hasbro tells us they aren't the same... except when they are.

Edited by Lukeblast, 28 April 2012 - 08:48 PM.

"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#112 Stungun

Stungun

Mythbusting

• Citizen
  • 13436 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Apr 28 2012, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(gargunkle @ Apr 28 2012, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did they show a photo of Prime Runamuck, and if so what did he look like? This is important to me as I'm right in the middle of customizing a set of Runatwins.

I believe the reports of Prime Runamuck are actually referencing the Rumble that we already knew about and have seen a few small pictures of (blue car, big piledriver arms).

I wouldn't mind him being renamed Runamuck. Maybe we'll get a red Prime Over-Run to go with him icon-fire.gif
QUOTE(Detour @ Sep 13 2013, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really depresses me when I see kids getting the intelligent cartoons and "adults" getting the most immature garbage ever animated.

#113 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 53377 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think that perception of Generations as being updated older characters comes from having started out as Classics.

#114 StarScreamZX

StarScreamZX
  • Citizen
  • 2800 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

I think it's a good thing that Hasbro is supporting the new video game with toys though. When you like a certain TF cartoon or comic or video game, you want toy versions of those characters. And seeing these FoC designs pop up in TF comics definitely makes me want to own the toys.
Classic style Transformers are my favorite modern TFs as well, but I'm sure we'll see plenty of those next year. As long as Classic style TFs are done every other year, I'm perfectly happy and everyone will get to see their favorite G1 toys updated at one point icon-hotrod.gif

#115 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13080 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

No, Lukeblast, they "don't count" because they are in the wrong bodies as depicted only in one story medium that I never played and don't care about. A bigger Soundwave as ugly spacecar is no more satisfying than the small Soundwave ugly spacecar we got a year ago. This is no different than putting a dozen Hearts Of Steel character models into the greatest hits line at once - they're really not greatest hits.
The TFWiki: when just five Infernos aren't enough. http://www.tfwiki.net

#116 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3446 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Apr 28 2012, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Apr 28 2012, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Apr 28 2012, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get people saying that SDCC Bruticus will be hard to get.
It's not like last year's Matrix Prime was immediately scarce.

But he was borring and unexciting. There really wasn't much demand at all.

Look at last years Starscream and Cobra Commander set. That was exciting and lusted for and that was impossible to get almost instantly.

-ZacWilliam, that's what folks are figuring.

People also thought the NYCC Arcee and Bumblebee set was going to sell out in minutes.
I know it is a lot smaller convention, but I'm saying I don't know if these things are really that easy to predict anymore.

Well it did help that it was hard to find the Hasbro booth. Plus, this was Hasbro's first year at NYCC, nobody expected them there, or even guessed they'd have a fairly decent exclusive. By the time it was announced, NYCC was partially sold out.

So, it wasn't like there were that many Hasbro specific fans there, representatives of online stores making purchases, or eBay resellers. That might change this year.

Edited by Kevin S, 28 April 2012 - 09:11 PM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#117 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Guided by the wind

• Citizen
  • 2004 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

If Thundertron looks good, my Cannonball may get a new crew member. icon-fire.gif

I like the original deluxe Cybertronian Soundwave, but I always thought he was too small compared to Classics Megatron, the main Megs of my collection. If this new Voyager Soundwave ends up being really good, he may well replace that Soundwave as the one I always trio-up with Megs and Cybertron Starscream. icon-ironhide.gif The disc-launching gimmick (and transforming discs!) are extra icing on the cake. icon-hotrod.gif

#118 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

That MP-10 seems too good to be true. Awesome!

Now that more people have seen Bruticus up close, does it look like it can be adjusted to have better proportions, or is that as good as it gets? It does look better there than it did in prior pics, but can it be improved?

#119 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3446 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Alpha Omega Trion Supreme @ Apr 28 2012, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That MP-10 seems too good to be true. Awesome!

Unless Hasbro inexplicably removes some plastic covering, like they did with Rodimus. Personally, I'm going to wait for comparisons between the two molds.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#120 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 7969 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, Lukeblast, they "don't count" because they are in the wrong bodies as depicted only in one story medium that I never played and don't care about. A bigger Soundwave as ugly spacecar is no more satisfying than the small Soundwave ugly spacecar we got a year ago. This is no different than putting a dozen Hearts Of Steel character models into the greatest hits line at once - they're really not greatest hits.

But Hasbro wants them to be greatest hits.

We're just gonna have to live with that.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users