619 replies to this topic

#201 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 42894 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Because this damnable tablet doesn't like when I say color. I guess it's British.

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 29 April 2012 - 11:22 AM.

photo marvelkupbanner.jpg

#202 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 26495 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thundertron's a lion, by the way, not a wolf.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#203 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 30738 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Apr 29 2012, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Might Gaine @ Apr 29 2012, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kids are more likely to buy individual members than gift sets. When I was a kid, I only ever bought individual bots, because the gift sets were too expensive.

This. Wanting them only in Gift Sets is thinking like an Adult Collector. Most kids it's individule figs or nothing.

-ZacWilliam, in the interests of disclosure admits he was one of the lucky ones as a kid who got all the members of every gestalt, almost all individually. But that doesn't undermine the point.

This is why I want gestalts like Tripredacus and Magnaboss. Designed to fit into a specific size class and sold as that size class.

#204 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9511 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Fall of Cybertron stuff looks good to me, except Soundwave. He looks pretty lame. I find it ironic that the only Prime toys I'm interested in are cars, and I usually find the car Transformers to be the most boring. Prime is a joke. I can't believe they cancelled Animated for this garbage.

#205 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 26495 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

How does this new Soundwave look compared to the deluxe?

The return of the Voyager class makes me renew my hopes for a better G1 Galvatron, but that may be premature.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#206 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(mignash @ Apr 29 2012, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorta worried the ejector gimmick in Soundwave takes over the toy. It ends up being a big box with limbs.

Said the guy with G1 Ironhide in his sig...

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Apr 29 2012, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Apr 29 2012, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Might Gaine @ Apr 29 2012, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kids are more likely to buy individual members than gift sets. When I was a kid, I only ever bought individual bots, because the gift sets were too expensive.

This. Wanting them only in Gift Sets is thinking like an Adult Collector. Most kids it's individule figs or nothing.

-ZacWilliam, in the interests of disclosure admits he was one of the lucky ones as a kid who got all the members of every gestalt, almost all individually. But that doesn't undermine the point.

This is why I want gestalts like Tripredacus and Magnaboss. Designed to fit into a specific size class and sold as that size class.

I would hope Hasbro would be smart enough to do that as well as putting them out in "gift sets" only. I think idealy it would be more like Combiner Team size class and less like all the toys in an odd shaped box.

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#207 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10237 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Apr 29 2012, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G2 Brutivus isn't going to interest casual fakes that don't know what a G2 is or why it has hideous camp on it. SDCC has to feature exclusives that interest as broad a market as possible. A zombie and a giant robot with gritty Colorado will do just that.

The con colors only have to be interesting enough to move at the show. Given the multiple colors that the Bruticus mold has had over the years, there's plenty of options... but what it comes down to is that Hasbro wants these exclusives to plug (the Prime cartoon and) the FOC video game. Other decos would not have that effect. They don't want to plug a G2 or Energon or RID or Battle Gaia homage to the con crowd.

For the regular Transformers collector/non-attendee... well, it kinda sucks because the game deco is popular with us too AND within a certain tolerance of G1 colors, which the biggest portion of us probably want. But because Hasbro is catering to the casual fans/gamers with that deco, we're getting... something else.

(Again, would it have killed someone to ask about the origins of that deco? Would have been nice to pin it down to a specific incarnation or find out if it's just random.)

My hope is that Hasbro sees the desire and gives us a completely-accurate G1-colors version through another outlet. Amazon, TRU, etc. It could easily be made different enough from the game colors to work.
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#208 Fishbug

Fishbug

Injector has a posse

• Citizen
  • 8919 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(mignash @ Apr 29 2012, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorta worried the ejector gimmick in Soundwave takes over the toy. It ends up being a big box with limbs.

So... Soundwave?

#209 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(Fishbug @ Apr 29 2012, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(mignash @ Apr 29 2012, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So... Soundwave?

Or Prime...

Any way I'm thinking of getting FoC Brute but going for symmetrical limbs...

Edited by Smitty, 29 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#210 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17358 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

And now the rationalization begins:

His colors don't look that bad. He looks ok. It'll look better in person. You know you want that combiner toy. It doesn't look that bad...

#211 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

I never said I did not want him, but what do you think of the different limb ideas? I like Blast-Off arms with Brawl legs myself.

#212 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 9162 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

It doesn't look that bad though.

I'm actually pretty pleased with this years botcon news. You don't think Hasbro thought fans would be really excited about getting a Soundwave with lil guys to shove in his chest? We've been bitching about that for years. I'm sure that they thought that would get everybody pumped. AND MP10 coming out stateside? That's huge. He has a trailer and hasbro was NEVER going to release him alongside it, right? RIGHT?! Those are two pretty big surprises.

I know we all want the high back that the reveal of alternators and masterpiece optimus gave us, but that was when the brand starting turning into what it is now. Things. Are. Different. Now.

We just gotta relax and enjoy the ride.

#213 corgsopal

corgsopal

It was catastro-, catastro-feeling good

• Supporter
  • 5041 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

I can't wait until someone gets their hands on Bruticus so we can finally see the different limb configurations. For example, maybe Swindle as an arm will have proportions to better match Blast Off.
Reclaim the suffix.

#214 Database

Database

Dance my ponies, Dance!

• Citizen
  • 21242 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(NICKSTART @ Apr 29 2012, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't look that bad though.

I'm actually pretty pleased with this years botcon news. You don't think Hasbro thought fans would be really excited about getting a Soundwave with lil guys to shove in his chest? We've been bitching about that for years. I'm sure that they thought that would get everybody pumped. AND MP10 coming out stateside? That's huge. He has a trailer and hasbro was NEVER going to release him alongside it, right? RIGHT?! Those are two pretty big surprises.

I know we all want the high back that the reveal of alternators and masterpiece optimus gave us, but that was when the brand starting turning into what it is now. Things. Are. Different. Now.

We just gotta relax and enjoy the ride.

Since I don't care about Masterpeice figures; The Bruticus news dampens all the rest of the news for me, as Bruticus is my favorite of the Decepticon Combiners. So knowing my wallet is gonna get anally raped trying to get the version I want, kinda kills my thrill of all the other news items.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#215 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Forum Moderator
  • 42894 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

SDCC exclusives are not much more expensive than their retail counterparts, if at all. I don't see bruticus being more than $60 or $70 bucks. His box isn't fancy so it won't drive up the price like Cliffjumpers nutty boxing.

#216 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Forum Moderator
  • 12546 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(Code of Walky @ Apr 29 2012, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I assume the retail Combaticons are bright, distinctive colors because maybe Hasbro doesn't want to hang the success of their risky combiner experiment on a bunch of brown toys.

Because Generation 2 toys were flying off the shelves back in 1994?

In all fairness though, I probably will buy Bruticus if it turns out to be a cool toy. Vibrant colors aren't necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure they fit the Combaticon theme, but I don't see too many green construction vehicles either and nobody minds that.
QUOTE(Pocket @ Dec 26 2012, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're turning into the real-life version of that little devil that hovers over people's shoulders and tells them to do horrible things. I'm not liking this development.

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Feb 20 2013, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lesson of the day, when we go on some crazy quest, don't let Fnu Aw hold the Dues Ex Magical Artifact.

QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Apr 14 2013, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, that's it. Tomorrow, I'm painting a giant pentagram on the floor, then buying a goat and sacrificing it to Fnu Aw, Lord of All Evil.

#217 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4696 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Apr 29 2012, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SDCC exclusives are not much more expensive than their retail counterparts, if at all. I don't see bruticus being more than $60 or $70 bucks. His box isn't fancy so it won't drive up the price like Cliffjumpers nutty boxing.

From Allspark's report:

Box art for SDCC set awesome! Wanted an epic looking package for SDCC Bruticus. Larger outside piece is a book, inside is package. One of the most complex boxes they've done.

So it is indeed a fancy box. I'll be really surprised if it's under $75. With deluxe MSRP around $13, that's $65 for the figures alone. Minimum $10 for the fancy box, maybe more.

Cliffjumper will probably be around $25, like last year's ML Thor in crazy Mjolnir box.

On them twitters

#218 Database

Database

Dance my ponies, Dance!

• Citizen
  • 21242 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Apr 29 2012, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Till he sells out, and the only way to get one is through scalpers wanting to sell him for 2 or 3 times that price.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#219 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Forum Moderator
  • 42894 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Nanite @ Apr 29 2012, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Apr 29 2012, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From Allspark's report:

Box art for SDCC set awesome! Wanted an epic looking package for SDCC Bruticus. Larger outside piece is a book, inside is package. One of the most complex boxes they've done.

So it is indeed a fancy box. I'll be really surprised if it's under $75. With deluxe MSRP around $13, that's $65 for the figures alone. Minimum $10 for the fancy box, maybe more.

Cliffjumper will probably be around $25, like last year's ML Thor in crazy Mjolnir box.

Hadn't seen that. I only saw the pics which made the box look pretty simple. A book style box isn't usually complex.
Even so, I don't expect it to he expensive. When you toss five toys in one box you can afford to make the package more fancy because its one package.

Simply put the sky isn't falling yet. No reason to freak out now.

#220 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4696 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Apr 29 2012, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Apr 29 2012, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Till he sells out, and the only way to get one is through scalpers wanting to sell him for 2 or 3 times that price.

Oh Hai Nemesis Prime! (Or SDCC Sgt. Slaughter, or insert expensive SDCC exclusive here).
On them twitters

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users