Boring

• Retired Staff
  • 11770 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Coming soon!

Better Pictures
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...8631&type=3

Edited by Powered Convoy, 28 April 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#2 Daytonus

Daytonus

Boring

• Retired Staff
  • 11770 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

15 minutes til the panel

#3 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• News and Content
  • 10317 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Pics of the club subscription figures are on the Allspark Facebook page now! Better pics coming soon.

Edited by Onyx Minor, 28 April 2012 - 02:34 PM.

Llevo el prisma de tus ojos en mi casco de astronauta y la tímida aurora de tus células...

#4 Shattered

Shattered

The Other Spider

• News and Content
  • 4960 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Well, here's the figure subscription service that people have been clamoring for. Hope they put their money where their mouth is.

#5 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8704 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't care who I have to beat, that Ultra Mammoth will be mine!!! icon-silverbolt.gif icon-silverbolt.gif

#6 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4818 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Can't tell what some of these are, too washed out. Something that looks like a Lockdown recolor. Is there a second Depthcharge slide? I guess.

Edit: Circuit? Off to the wiki I guess. Also have no idea who Ultra Mammoth is. Or it's an Ultra Magnus pun?

Edited by gargunkle, 28 April 2012 - 02:50 PM.

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#7 Triblurr

Triblurr

Mayhem! Its in you to give!

• Citizen
  • 5479 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hmmm.......I can probably afford to join this year.

All very tempting.

Visit me on my Webpage!

#8 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• News and Content
  • 10317 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(gargunkle @ Apr 28 2012, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't tell what some of these are, too washed out. Something that looks like a Lockdown recolor. Is there a second Depthcharge slide? I guess.

Correct on both counts. I had a hard time taking the pics with my phone. Powered Convoy has higher quality stuff coming at the end of the panels.

Edited by Onyx Minor, 28 April 2012 - 02:51 PM.

Llevo el prisma de tus ojos en mi casco de astronauta y la tímida aurora de tus células...

#9 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10716 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Was out at the store. Just got back to see these.

Ok...

Depth Charge - like the character, like the mold. It's an off choice of alt mode for someone I associate so strongly with the water, but the robot mode look pushes it through for me. Just. I'd like him, but don't need him. Still I think it's enough to make me renew.

Ultra Mammoth - Cute idea (and we don't have an official BW Ultra Magnus yet) and big mold, but I have two of it already (Original and Nemesis) and it is SOOOOO hard to TF and kibblishous. I think it's cooler in concept than the toy will be. Leaning towards pass.

Circuit - can't see the pic clear enough to be sure, but not very interested right now. Leaning toward pass.

Scourge - No interest. Pass.

Slipstream - WANT. Can't even see it well in the pics but WANT.

Jackpot - if it had been G1, sold. I didn't collect Animated, so meh, Pass.

Breakdown - sorry but I'm too much of a G1 design purist. And not a big Stunticon fan to boot. Probably Pass.

I think there are some good Ideas here that others will love, but with only ONE that I really want I think the Sub will be a pass for me.

-ZacWilliam, impressed by the number of toys if nothing else. And want better pics of Slipstream.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 28 April 2012 - 02:57 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#10 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts
  • Location:Mt. Vernon, VA Home: Long Island, NY Previous: Tampa, FL

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, this series of figures is all over the place. Not the way to encourage subscribing, as there's going to be tons of people only interested in one or two figures, and unwilling to pay $300+ for them.
xvpu.jpg
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#11 hupla

hupla
  • Citizen
  • 213 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

http://www.tfw2005.c...rge-yay-174943/ betterish pics

I think most of them look great! Mammoth will probably be to expensive for me but he still looks cool!Didnt like the con toys this year but LOVE these!

#12 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1427 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

I can sort of understand the thinking of having them be all over the place -- I mean, if they made the whole thing, I dunno, Animated Protectobots or something, then that would be great for people who like Animated and pointless for everybody else. They're probably hoping enough people will see enough characters they want to justify getting the whole thing. (Or at least going halfsies with somebody that wants the figures you don't.)

But yeah, too much of a mixed bag for me. I like Scourge well enough (well, I'm indifferent about the character, but I don't have that mold at all, so that's a plus), and Jackpot looks kinda nice...Slipstream may be good, but overall I'm unlikely to want to pay what these are likely to cost.

#13 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 4020 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

"that's not a duck. I know this crowd knows what a tentacle looks like. "

Just what are they implying about this fandom? icon-arcee.gif icon-hotrod.gif

Animated Jackpot from Jazz - I can't believe I'm saying this because of how much I love Animated, but I wish it was a G1 based mold, maybe Hasbro will give me one. (wishful thinking)

RiD Scourge from generations g2 prime - (makes grabby hands) I want it, I do think Hasbro could release one retail just fine but there's no way it'd have the upside down symbol, which is a great touch. icon-ironhide.gif

Slipstream from Prime Starscream. New head - WANT!!! I dare say that's the best of the set.

Circuit from Axor - I had to look up who Circuit is, nice reuse of the mold and nice color layout.

Ultra Mammoth from Big Convoy - Always wanted this mold, look great and honestly feels like the only way we'll get a blue and red UM. Wait forgot about Animated. icon-wildride.gif

Depth Charge from Terradive - WANT SO HARD!!!!

Edit- Oops, forgot Breakdown - Looks good, but I think I like the G2 version more.

I wonder if I can afford to join this year.

Edited by Fenix Twilight, 28 April 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#14 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4818 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

I wonder if they foresee this type of service having more buyers than, say, BotCon sets or individual club figures.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#15 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 6078 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I only want Ultra Mammoth (what a seriously random choice) and Scourge, so that leaves me with four toys I really don't want.

#16 Magnusblitz

Magnusblitz
  • Citizen
  • 3209 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Damn, Depth Charge might just be enough for me to rejoin next year for the freebie figure. I have Terradive sitting on my desk right now, never really thought of him as a Depth Charge candidate, but I can see why - the face is somewhat similar, the trident is typically a "water" weapon, and Depth Charge does have wings.

Only figure I'm interested in is the Ultra Mammoth, seeing as I never got a copy of that mold and it's an Ultra Magnus toy. I wonder how expensive it'll be though, and whether we'll be able to get individual figures instead of all of them. Time shall tell.

#17 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22850 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, I only want a few of those figures as well, the biggest currently being Slipstream.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#18 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 5685 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Circuit, Slipstream and Depth Charge? They shall be mine.

The rest? I can pass on.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.

#19 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 4153 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Who I want the most is obvious, but I'm still somewhat interested in all of these except Circuit. Mainly because I'm not really a fan of the mold.
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#20 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8704 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I figure that I'm going to handle this subscription the same way I'm planning the DC Club Infinite Earths one: Keep the figures I want, flip the others.

Also, even though that Jackpot has an Animated body, is the head stylized like Animated? Or is it a more traditional head placed on an Animated body? I'm assuming Slipstream will be the same. More typical head placed on the Prime body.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users