Photo
- - - - -

Old School Adventure Game Kickstarter projects...

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3775 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

This might be old news to some, but its something I've only recently run into. Apparently, there are a number of Kickstarter projects out there for adventure games.

First off, Tim Schafer & Doublefine's http://www.kickstart...-fine-adventure. Its already gotten full funding, but came short of getting the funds to give us full docuentary footage.

There seems to be an almost completely funding attempt to remake Leisure Suit Larry. Not terribly excited by this, but more power to it.

Gotta go, but here's a link to a thread that cover most of the other project. Also links to a potential project started by the Space Quest 2 Guys from A.

http://www.adventure...ead.php?t=30937
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#2 Hecate

Hecate

Kids can be cruel, Jack.

• Citizen
  • 27187 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

Bring back Star Control!

99% of people fail to understand statistics. If you're one of the 23% who do, copy and paste this into your sig!

#3 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3775 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

http://guysfromandro...rd-on-facebook/

This is linkage to the 2 Guys from Andromeda's web space. The don't have a Kickstart going just yet, but hopefully in time they will.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#4 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 30901 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

I thought one of the guys from andromeda died...

#5 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3775 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Apr 26 2012, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the website seems legit enough & couldn't find anything to corraborate this on the web. So, I'm going to just assume you heard wrong. Maybe you'd confusing some other game designers?
My FlickR folder...

#6 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8306 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Apr 26 2012, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bring back Star Control!

thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

#7 Detour

Detour

You humans are so weird.

• Supporter
  • 17340 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I think the Dr. McNinja guys are running a Kickstarter to do a sidescrolling 2D adventure game starring the characters.
I think.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#8 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, I've been buying into Kickstarters at the rate of about 1 per month at the $15 level. So far I've supported Double Fine, Leisure Suit Larry Comes Again, and Wasteland 2.

I like the concept, overall.

#9 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3775 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Tiny update, but The Two Guys from Andromeda have started a kick starter. Seem to already be off to a good start.

http://www.kickstart...rs-of-space-que
My FlickR folder...

#10 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 30901 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Kevin S @ Apr 27 2012, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Apr 26 2012, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the website seems legit enough & couldn't find anything to corraborate this on the web. So, I'm going to just assume you heard wrong. Maybe you'd confusing some other game designers?

Twas years ago to be sure. While I don't remember the name of the individual, it stands out in my memory because shawn elaborated with "One of the two guys from andromeda". I knew who they were... I helped free them from lime jello, then dumped them in a scummy little software company on some miserable blue backwater world.

#11 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3775 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Well I recall that a spoof National Enquirer includded in Space Quest 6 declared one of the guys not dead, but it was a spoof.

Also, if one of them really dead, I think somebody would have made a stink by now. I'm more inclined to think you're misremembering something. Maybe involving 2 & 1/2 men, post Sheen's departure?

Hey there, Classic Adventure Gaming fans as well as those relatively new to our worlds. Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, aka ?The Two Guys from Andromeda?, are back together. No, your optic orbs have not been on a bender. You read correctly. After a very brief 20+ year hiatus, we have joined forces once again and are tooling-up to bring you a new Space Adventure, or SpaceVenture?, if you will.

A little older, a little wider (well, Mark at least) and a bit more demented than before (a toss-up on that one), we're both ludicrously psyched to be working together again. Combine that with what has been literally years of pent-up intergalactic pressurized cabin fever to go with it and we have some real wonderful?, uh, ?stuff? to share, incorporating that same style of comedy, wonder and delusion you expect from a Two Guys SpaceVenture?.

You?d be very surprised to know the range of requests we sought out and have been received from supporters. We know we can?t be everything to everyone but we're working hard to find a happy compromise. The only thing we won?t compromise on is your game-play experience (and maybe caloric intake).

?Scott and Mark will have their hands all over this project with final say on everything, including how much cheese and Orat meat goes in the crust. What this means, people, is that no aspect of this game will come into being without the personal, crusty-eyed, occasionally salivating and barely comprehensible approval of The Two Guys from Andromeda. This is YOUR guarantee, for you fans and friends, that everything you are about to see is ultimately the work of The Two Guys.?

My FlickR folder...

#12 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 30901 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

It's entirely possible I am misremembering things. Though I doubt it has anything to do with 2 1/2 men. I've never watched that show, and its an older memory than that. Like, right around the time I got the space quest collection set.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 10 May 2012 - 06:50 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users