Autobot Cassettes

16 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1313 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

All the jazz about cassettes lately got me in the mood to whip up some templates. So first off, the Eject/Rewind model. The picture is reduced quite a lot to fit them altogether mind,

Rewind and Eject of course, with Bolts, the canned character from an early script of the '86 movie. I rather like the colors I picked out for him icon-hotrod.gif

Also did a modified version for the girls, Flip-Sides and Rosanna.

A number of my OCs use the model as well but I figured I'd only post the official characters here. And Bolts.

Working on the Rumble/Frenzy model atm, including a female version.

(edit!) added cassette forms
(edit2) added Decepticons in lower post

Edited by Admiral Lilwall, 14 November 2012 - 04:00 PM.

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
Lilwall.net

#2 shockman

shockman
  • Citizen
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

they look awesome, nice job

#3 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41526 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

I think I would prefer Takara repaint the Rumble mold into Bolts rather than the Eject mold. Solely because the Eject mold has four different characters to it already while the Rumble mold only has three. The script doesn't specify it being the Eject mold, only that it was humanoid. Plus I think it would be interesting to see an Autobot repaint of Rumble.

Edited by Bass X0, 22 April 2012 - 01:33 PM.

It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#4 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1313 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Well I think that in all likely hood that this model is what Hasbro was gonna use for whatever humanoid bot they ended up choosing, so Bolts fits nice enough into it for me icon-hotrod.gif

Lilwall.net

#5 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10717 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

I just want more. I've always loved the cassettes.

I would love them to reissue the remaining 8 soon just so we could get some "other character" variations.

Of course I've already said elswhere that I'd love it if someone made more G1 style cassettes. Not modernized. Not fully poseable. Not updated in any way. Just exactly the style and level of the classic G1 cassettes but new characters. I would love expanded armies.

-ZacWilliam, I know it won't happen, but they're just cool.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#6 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41526 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Admiral Lilwall @ Apr 22 2012, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I think that in all likely hood that this model is what Hasbro was gonna use for whatever humanoid bot they ended up choosing, so Bolts fits nice enough into it for me icon-hotrod.gif

Yeah. I know that originally they would have likely used the Eject mold for Bolts if the early script became the actual movie script.

I was saying that if Takara wanted to do more cassette repaints, they should use the Rumble mold for Bolts so that the number of different characters using each mold are even.

Its for that reason I don't want them to do more Ravage and Laserbeak repaints since there are four charactes for each of those molds too.

Instead I want them to repaint Rumble, Ratbat, Slugfest, Overkill, Ramhorn and Steeljaw up to four different characters per mold.

But this is just me putting my personal ideas into words. Your color scheme for Bolts does look good.
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#7 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1313 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Ah ok icon-hotrod.gif

I do have a bunch of OC Autobots who use the Rumble model, I didn't wanna bore everyone with them as I have so many OC cassettebots.

Here is the Rumble model I've worked up. Enemy, Frenzy, Rumble, and Eraser. Eraser is one of my OCs, shown here mostly just to show off the female model I made. She is based off of the orange generic cassettebot seen in the background of some scenes in the early episodes of the cartoon.
Lilwall.net

#8 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1313 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

So they made Wingthing a cassette, which made me ponder what would happen if they did the same for Blaster's AM partner, Flight Pack.

I did first think Raindance would be suitable, but he was already mostly blue, so I went with Laserbeak. A quick trace over of some Laserbeak art and here it is. Not the most flattering, I think I'll change the weapon/jet packs to black maybe

I think Raindance would ultimately be a better choice , I might whip one up anyway
Lilwall.net

#9 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10717 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE(Admiral Lilwall @ Apr 24 2012, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So they made Wingthing a cassette, which made me ponder what would happen if they did the same for Blaster's AM partner, Flight Pack.

I did first think Raindance would be suitable, but he was already mostly blue, so I went with Laserbeak. A quick trace over of some Laserbeak art and here it is. Not the most flattering, I think I'll change the weapon/jet packs to black maybe

I think Raindance would ultimately be a better choice , I might whip one up anyway

There's always Sqawktalk too.

ZacWilliam, though then you just need to think up an Autobot Gorrilla
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#10 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41526 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Yeah, I was thinking Squawktalk for Sights instead of Laserbeak.

And am Autobot repaint for Beastbox doesn't have to originally be a gorilla, just someone who would make sense with a new gorilla alternate mode.

Or lets use Ape-Linq and be done with it.

Edited by Bass X0, 25 April 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#11 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Possibly Glitch? I mean, both have the standard humanoid shape of two arms, two legs, and a head. And the legs are smaller than the arms.

#12 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1313 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

That was another reason I wanted to steer away from Raindance, because it meant a combiner. That said Glitch as a Beastbox recolor doesn't sound too bad...
Lilwall.net

#13 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41526 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

How about some Shattered Glass color schemes sometime?

#14 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1313 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Yeah I reckon I could manage that at some point soon
Lilwall.net

#15 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1313 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

Solarbot Requiem and SG Rewind icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by Admiral Lilwall, 14 November 2012 - 03:59 PM.

Lilwall.net

#16 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34128 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Yay! Solarbot!

Looks like he's missing some yellow on his chest though icon-fire.gif

#17 Admiral Lilwall