Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

TakaraTomy Beast Fight Collection (New Battle Beasts)

238 replies to this topic

#21 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34293 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Well... Call the line "Beast Wars" then. New name, but still has a bit of nostalgia behind it icon-fire.gif

#22 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8079 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Would they get imported to Canada as 'Beasties'? icon-hotrod.gif
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#23 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Apr 19 2012, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Liege @ Apr 19 2012, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These look sweet. Sadly, I imagine DST's versions will stop these from having a domestic release here icon-screamer.gif.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Hasbro/Takara are much larger more powerful companies than DST, with much bigger broader markets and lots more money. At most I think it could keep them from being called "Battle Beasts" if released here, but y'know I honestly doubt even that.

If Has/Tak want to release something here, a check to DST would be pretty simple for them I think.

-ZacWilliam, of course who knows if Hasbro would want to, but I'd love it if they did. Oh the blind-pack spending...

If Has/Tak releases these here, as some sort of Beyblade or Bakugan (sp?) Rival, they should call it Beast Wars and roll it into the Prime Mythos.

#24 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8079 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Bakugan's kinda old hat with kids now anyway, isn't it?

#25 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34293 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Apr 19 2012, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Apr 19 2012, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Liege @ Apr 19 2012, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These look sweet. Sadly, I imagine DST's versions will stop these from having a domestic release here icon-screamer.gif.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Hasbro/Takara are much larger more powerful companies than DST, with much bigger broader markets and lots more money. At most I think it could keep them from being called "Battle Beasts" if released here, but y'know I honestly doubt even that.

If Has/Tak want to release something here, a check to DST would be pretty simple for them I think.

-ZacWilliam, of course who knows if Hasbro would want to, but I'd love it if they did. Oh the blind-pack spending...

If Has/Tak releases these here, as some sort of Beyblade or Bakugan (sp?) Rival, they should call it Beast Wars and roll it into the Prime Mythos.

Beyblade is already Hasbro's. I kinda doubt they'd want to release these as a rival to that icon-hotrod.gif

#26 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4753 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Bakugan still holds lots of space in toy aisles, and having Beyblade didn't stop Hasbro from introducing Botshots.
On them twitters

#27 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8079 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'd think then that already having a line of figures with cubes in their chests as part of a game sold here would make it a pretty safe bet that we won't be seeing Beast Fight on US shelves any time soon.

#28 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6091 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

I like the aesthetics of these. These are much more toys than the Diamond Select ones, and that's one of the parts of the franchise Diamond Select doesn't seem to have grasped.

#29 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

There's a brave new world that's raging inside of me

• Citizen
  • 1266 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Now these, THESE are something I could get behind.

I like how they properly capture the ridiculousness of warring animals clad in armor. The very realistic heads are superb (if you look at that Dolphin and don't crack a smile there is something wrong with you...)

The DST versions seem to hung up on being "super serious" warring mystical animal stuff... feeling like a throwback to the late 90's/early 00's. Like the random (lame) stuff you'd find in the back of your comic book store, perhaps at a discount.

I'm definitely going to have import some of these, and reward the better line with my monies!

#30 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6091 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

I really want that bat. The color scheme plus the gold speaker-looking things in his shoulders make him look extremely Ratbat-ish.

#31 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4753 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(Rosicrucian @ Apr 19 2012, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really want that bat. The color scheme plus the gold speaker-looking things in his shoulders make him look extremely Ratbat-ish.

I thought Mindwipe. Maybe they are speakers on his shoulders? They looked like turbines to me.

The Walrus also appears to be wearing a bathtub/submarine.

I'll still buy the minimates because they'll be fairly cheap and accessible. The design isn;t to bad, and some of the accessories fix my main problem with them (the legs).

Edited by Nanite, 19 April 2012 - 06:51 PM.

On them twitters

#32 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 10526 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(NICKSTART @ Apr 19 2012, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are incredible. They're everything updated battle beasts should be. And more. I'm so pumped for the game as well. I think these would definitively have a place on toy shelves over here. I wouldn't even care if Hasbro dusted off "Beast Wars" and through that on their packaging.

Now, the real question is, when can I buy these?

Praise being said, I still want some minimate battle beasts. All this product is making up for their complete absence as a line for over 20 years. I wouldn't want to sacrifice one for the other-I want them all.

QUOTE(NightViper @ Apr 19 2012, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... Call the line "Beast Wars" then. New name, but still has a bit of nostalgia behind it icon-fire.gif

Great minds think alike! Although anything new would be incredible. Maybe when Diamond bought the license it was a reminder to TakaraTomy the line existed in the first place and they decided to take another crack at it. It does seem weird that both versions of Battle Beasts are coming out THIS fall, after essentially 20 years of nothing.

Also, I want to know how to play this damn game yesterday.

#33 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2229 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I was really impressed when i saw these at a recent press conference. They really do look just like the original Battle Beasts.
There's a lot of good stuff in the works for this line...

Hydra
SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

#34 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6091 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

I'd also wager that folks will custom up water/wood/fire dice for these things in no time.

#35 Cat

Cat
  • News and Content
  • 9605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(Nanite @ Apr 19 2012, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damnit.

I had to pre-order the set with the shark.

Damnit.

I love how BBTS lists the animal type next to each one, except for that one weird-ass one. icon-fire.gif

Edited by Cat, 20 April 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#36 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10837 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE(Cat @ Apr 20 2012, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how BBTS lists the animal type next to each one, except for that one weird-ass one. icon-fire.gif

Sailfish or Hummingbird? Or the unholy love child of both...

ZacWilliam, The weird-ass one of course is the one that absolutely screams Battle Beast to me the most. icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 20 April 2012 - 05:29 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#37 Guido Guidi

Guido Guidi
  • Citizen
  • 90 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Since they has been finally revealed, I can now say I did some work for this line, mostly on the sea creatures assortment.
So far I recognize Pirazon (the piranha) and Coelence (the coelacanthus) - other may have been re-drawn or revised (like with the swordfish guy, they changed the design quite a bit, but kept my weapons designs).
Great to see the toyline coming to (plastic) life!
Guido
--------------------------------------
Guido Guidi Online Gallery

#38 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5851 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

That's awesome Guido and that sounds interesting Hydra. Since these are small there is nothing that doesn't permit playsets and vehicles.

#39 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10837 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE(Guido @ Apr 20 2012, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since they has been finally revealed, I can now say I did some work for this line, mostly on the sea creatures assortment.
So far I recognize Pirazon (the piranha) and Coelence (the coelacanthus) - other may have been re-drawn or revised (like with the swordfish guy, they changed the design quite a bit, but kept my weapons designs).
Great to see the toyline coming to (plastic) life!

That's pretty awesome to hear. I thought they did a good job of capturing the general aesthetic of the old toys so hearing you were involved somewhat makes sense. Good Job. icon-hotrod.gif

-ZacWilliam, hopes there are more coming. Bases and Chariots maybe too, like the originals had. Me and my bro had a bunch of those.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#40 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10458 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(Kira Kira @ Apr 19 2012, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The DST versions seem to hung up on being "super serious" warring mystical animal stuff... feeling like a throwback to the late 90's/early 00's. Like the random (lame) stuff you'd find in the back of your comic book store, perhaps at a discount.

Yeah, that is PRECISELY my problem with the DST Beasts. NONE of the charm of the originals.

M "Which Is A Damn Shame" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users