Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  BlackMax : (04 December 2016 - 08:33 AM)

Huh. Maybe I can figure a way to headcanon IDW Strafe into being AoE Strafe...

@  zephyrX9 : (04 December 2016 - 03:12 AM)

I'm sure under a different artist, she might look like something!

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:50 AM)

She....well, I'm not sure what she turns into, but it involves her face splitting in half.

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:49 AM)

There was also Strafe for Female Dinobots.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/33/Raptoricon_symbol.jpg

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

plus the best faction insignia ever

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but yeah we need toys of those Raptoricons yesterday.

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but BW also set the precedent that the gender of the scanned beast mode doesn't need to match the robot mode...so bright colors are fine ;)

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 11:04 PM)

That WOULD be a very good point, except Slash has got ~all the bright colors~, and in the bird world (which as we all know is also the dino world)rampant bright colors are a male thing.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 10:56 PM)

There was that one Deluxe raptor mould from AoE....GET ON IT FUNPU....oh. Now I'm sad.

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 10:54 PM)

...I did not know bout this. Maybe I should amend my comment to "we need more female Dinotobts ~who have toys~."

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 10:05 PM)

@BlackMax - did you know about the Raptoricons? Currently they've only been in fan club prose but they have pretty badass designs and are all female.

@  Rycochet : (03 December 2016 - 09:21 PM)

More female dinosaur transformers would be nice, but not specifically dinobots. Never been a fan of adding new guys to that specific subgroup, it feels a bit like when ageing rock bands add new members.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2016 - 09:02 PM)

Wait, swoop isn't a woman?

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 07:44 PM)

Can I just take a moment and declare that we need some female Dinobots? Because we really need some female Dinobots.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:41 PM)

It was awesome seeing all those heroes together on screen, though. I hope Superman and Martian Manhunter get to participate in the next crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:36 PM)

The solution was also just a bit too easy... the Dominators are apparently just big sissys, give 'em a poke with a caddle prod and they'll run off

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:35 PM)

Yeah, I felt Arrow was the weakest entry... but after least season I kind of got turned off the show, and haven't watched any of the current season.

@  Jalaguy : (03 December 2016 - 05:34 PM)

It was good, but would've been better if Arrow hadn't co-opted its portion to do an relatively pointless anniversary episode.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 December 2016 - 05:31 PM)

Haven't seen any of the DC shows.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (03 December 2016 - 05:24 PM)

How did y'all feel about this week's CW DC shows crossover? I thought it was great and reminiscent of comic books!

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 08:25 AM)

I'm still exploring all the possible mods for the PC version of Fallout New Vegas.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 11:03 PM)

So what, my species is perfectly happy to completely obliterate an undeveloped species to make servants, go full on ADVENT on more developed worlds, but for the middle of the road species suddenly my hands ar tied? Bah.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 10:58 PM)

It's annoying in Stellaris how "Pre-sentient" life forms can be Uplifted (turned into sentient and loyal races) and pre-space age civs can be messed around with and taken over, but you can't do anything about "Stone Age Primitives" so they just end up as a permanent debuff to a planet and end up squatting in valuable tiles.

@  Verity Carlo : (02 December 2016 - 10:53 PM)

To put it simply, everyone is in a race to become god.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (02 December 2016 - 10:42 PM)

I'm playing Tales of Zestiria instead.

@  Touch My Thighs : (02 December 2016 - 10:10 PM)

So basically I'm 15 hours into Final Fantasy XV and it seems like they took the edgy FF7-style game they were going to make, threw it out and made something actually fun instead.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:29 PM)

...and now that I've sat home a short bit I realize I completely forgot to look for Ross, TJ MAXX or Marshalls in the area. Damn.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 09:20 PM)

I envy you.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:17 PM)

Just found RiD Warriors Bisk and Ratchet, plus TR Hot Rod, while hunting. It was a good night.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 08:28 PM)

"You hugin' people..."

@  Strafe : (02 December 2016 - 07:36 PM)

I liked that one, too. I'm not a fan of the guy at all, but "A Few Good Men" is still one of my all-time favorite movies. He's fantastic as Lt. Daniel Kaffee.

@  Kalidor : (02 December 2016 - 06:24 PM)

Tom Cruise sucks but I really did enjoy Edge of Tomorrow

@  Benbot : (02 December 2016 - 03:57 PM)

What? They made a new Mummy movie and cast Tom Cruise? I love Cruise, but isn't he kind of expensive? Kind of stupid to rely on his star power to boost a new franchise instead of...like...good writing? I hope it had both, but I'm not holding my breath.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 11:36 PM)

Now if only I could get one of my GoG games to work right (well series of games) :(

@  Kalidor : (01 December 2016 - 11:24 PM)

Thanks, I picked it up. Worth it for the soundtrack alone

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 10:01 PM)

GoG is awsome.

@  wonko the sane? : (01 December 2016 - 08:07 PM)

woot woot, thank you kindly!

@  Dekafox : (01 December 2016 - 07:42 PM)

Head's up, GOG has Neverwinter Nights up for free for about another 30 hours or so

@  Verity Carlo : (01 December 2016 - 07:30 PM)

the men who murdered my imaginary friends

@  Locoman : (01 December 2016 - 05:30 PM)

I'm coming, Baby Legs! I'm.... Regular... Legs!

@  Benbot : (01 December 2016 - 04:05 PM)

What are you worried about, come get fake doors!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (01 December 2016 - 02:07 PM)

I just found out that Blue from Blue's Clues is a girl. Whoa.

@  Bass X0 : (01 December 2016 - 01:14 PM)

Holy Magikrap!

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 08:45 AM)

Also, TR Triggerhappy is a good mold.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 07:34 AM)

I should have said "not staying together", but anyway.

@  unluckiness : (01 December 2016 - 06:50 AM)

My Astrotrain had that but some floor polish on the tabs helped.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 06:48 AM)

On the subject of recalcitrant TR voyagers, does anyone else have an issue with Sentinel Prime's legs staying together in space-brick mode?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 03:40 AM)

Holy crap or holy carp? ;)

@  BlackMax : (30 November 2016 - 08:41 PM)

...holy crap it works!

Photo
- - - - -

Advice for selling high price items on eBay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

So I'm looking at selling my unwanted Botcon Shattered Glass figure collection, which should probably net me well over $1,000. Before listing, I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with selling really valuable items on eBay. I've already assumed I'll be using the full shipping trio of delivery confirmation, insurance based on value, and probably signature confirmation, but I'm a little nervous about tying that much money up with the whims of a buyer in a system where you could get swindled in multiple ways. Anything else I should know to really protect myself so I don't have to worry about it for a month or more after the item has been delivered? Anyone know offhand what the fee calculations will be for eBay and Paypal? It's a potential big gain situation, but it seems rather stressful and risky as well.

Thanks in advance. icon-hotrod.gif
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#2 Kalidor

Kalidor

Freedom is the Right of All Synthetic Beings

• Owner
  • 58865 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I sold the Botcon set of mine that had the seeker jets in it for about 850 bucks. I just treated it like any other auction. Kept good email communication with the bidder and insured it with delivery confirmation. If you check in advance what the shipping will cost with the extras (Which is usually only a few dollars more) and let them know or just charge a flat rate "Insured Shipping w/confirmation" for was close as you can estimate it plus or minus 3 bucks you should come out fine.

My toys never left the foam but I did take the certificate out and put it in a folder. I had forgotten about that and he emailed me back wondering where the certificate was and I panicked... luckily I found it and shipped it out to him at my expense.

At the end of the day, it was just like any other auction for me. I might have had a thing in there about the right to refuse bids with less than 5 feedback or something but I can't remember.

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Yeah, I was actually probably going to do it as a "best offer" auction, say I'd just cover the shipping myself, and probably be a little picky about who I'd accept an offer from. Calculated shipping would be another option, since that's fairly easy to do on larger items if you own a bathroom scale. Then I'd just pay the insurance I guess, kind of hate to skip insurance on something really valuable.

Edited by Jeremy, 07 April 2012 - 10:04 PM.

"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#4 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48435 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm finding that fixed prices and best offers will end up with you underselling yourself. only do that kinda stuff when I'm trying to turn a quick buck. When I wanna wait it out and try to make it big I auction stuff off. There's not a lot of SG stuff out there for sale so honestly you could do AMAZINGLY well with just a straight up auction. And if you don't like the way it's going you can always pull it down and relist it differently.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hmm. I've never been much into the whole "start the auction off low, see what happens" thing. I'm sure I'd want my opening bid to be pretty high, and I'm not sure if people would like that. I don't think I've ever even used a reserve. I've always seen "best offer" as a chance to take your time and wait for the right buyer, with the right price.

Been using either fixed price or "best offer" for almost everything in the past couple years, unless it's something that I can't seem to sell, then I'll sometimes resort to auction style with a low opening bid.

#6 Classic Tom

Classic Tom

Somebody had to buy a red Bumblebee after all.

• Citizen
  • 5583 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

It was a nail biter when I sold my 2011 set to a Chinese Buyer for over 1k but I had ended up having no issues. I did get insurance and international shipping provided a tracking number, but the most important part was regular communication. While it is true that you have some of the worst eBay luck, I think it should work out

#7 Kalidor

Kalidor

Freedom is the Right of All Synthetic Beings

• Owner
  • 58865 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

I start all my auctions off at 9.99 and offer free US shipping and find that I do exceedingly well.

#8 Corgsopal

Corgsopal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

You may want to establish some buyer requirements on your account to thin the riffraff. You can set it to block buyers with no paypal account and buyers with a history of not paying for the items they buy. You can also block by country if you don't want to sell internationally. The buyer requirements are in the site preferences section of the account tab in your My eBay page. The selling fee for auction style listings is 9% of the final selling price including shipping. If you sell it as a buy it now with best offer, the fee is calculated on a sliding scale that I don't have memorized. Paypal's fee is 20 or 30 cents plus 2.9% of the payment amount. If the item sells for over $250, then all you need to do to protect yourself from fraud is ship it to the address on file for the transaction after payment is received with signature confirmation. Granted that only protects from them claiming it didn't arrive. There's no protection from the buyer claiming you misrepresented the item. Make sure you take tons of pictures, post them in the item description as embedded html (to avoid picture fees) and be as explicit in your written description as possible. If the site deems you a new seller, your payment will be held in PayPal until 3 days after the tracking shows the item was delivered. If you're established, you'll get it right away. In either case, the buyer has 45 days to file a protection case. If a case is filed the money will be frozen in your PayPal account until a resolution is reached.
Reclaim the suffix.