13 replies to this topic

#1 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14084 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Recently My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has been added to Netflix. To my understanding this is the first Hasbro TV property to be added to Netflix. But it might be the start of Hasbro adding other items from their back-catalogue to Netflix. (Although I'm a little surprised FiM is up there since that's a Hub joint and with Ponies on Netflix, that's one less reason to actually watch The Hub).
Netflix has a wide selection of Anime I've never actually watched, and now that Shout Factory has dubbed Masterforce it would be neat to see those shows on Netflix - maybe only a few episodes to get people hooked to buy the DVD?

Also I would really like if any Hasbro additions to netflix being available internationally - while Netflix in the states is worth it, in Canada I mostly just use it for Futurama and Arrested Development since we don't even have MST3K on instant anymore.
Woooo!

#2 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Shipping Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8758 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

I haven't actually checked, but isn't Prime and G.I. Joe Renegades on Netflix right now, as well as a couple of other shows?

#3 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1427 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

Yep, TF Prime and Renegades went up at the same time as MLP.

(And not everybody gets the Hub, and I think it's just the eps that are on DVD anyway, so it's not necessarily competing with the current seasons.)

#4 Daith

Daith

Hero of the Battle of Rishi

• Supporter
  • 5807 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Ya I caught this and made topic on the general discussion earlier. Basically its the Hub cartoons crated from Hasbro properties so far with their first seasons only.
Prime, Ponies, Pound Puppies, Joe Renegades, and Chuck and Friends. And only the new shows so far. Be awesome if the back catalog of Transformer shows started appearing on Netflix.

Hub shows are popping up on Netflix Instant Watch!, Prime, MLP, Joe Renegades, Pound Puppies, and a few more so far!
3DS Friend Code : 1633-4354-6578 Username: Daith Pokemon X - Trainer Name :Phil

#5 tec

tec

Samus Says: 7 Days till Xmas!

• Citizen
  • 15387 posts
  • Location:Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

All the PR stuffs there maybe RiD can be?

sigtest1D_zpsa793aca9.jpg
G1 Stuff for sale/trade

http://www.allspark....-stuff-from-g1/

#6 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8597 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm actually kind of pissed. I can watch TFP on my Netflix account on my laptop and on my dad's TV via his newly-acquired Roku. But my Vizio shows both it (and MLP, which I tried to play earlier today for my kids) as unavailable for streaming when I try to play it. Very irritating.

#7 FortMax

FortMax

Not Cybertron Metroplex or Mudflap

• Supporter
  • 4778 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(tec @ Apr 4 2012, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the PR stuffs there maybe RiD can be?

That means nothing. Disney still has RID.
QUOTE(Hasbro)
Paramount Home Entertainment will be releasing RANSFORMERS CYBERTRON on 9.13.05

Buy my Mini-Pla Goseiger Candy Toy Zords!

#8 Betty Nor

Betty Nor

Das Feuer liebt mich

• Citizen
  • 6665 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

TNI posted an update regarding Hasbro's continuing involvement with Netflix. Good news.

EDIT: Oh, what the hell - I'll just paste it here:
Hasbro Studios, the Los Angeles-based television production and distribution division of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), today announced a multi-year deal with Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX). Ten highly popular franchises, including new and catalog seasons of famed Hasbro content, will be available to instantly watch on Netflix.

?This deal allows us to offer even more great kids? programming to our members, both adults and kids alike, including new seasons of My Little Pony, Transformers Prime, and Pound Puppies after the season finale airs on The Hub.?

Transformers Prime, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, G.I. Joe: Renegades and The Adventures of Chuck & Friends are now available to instantly watch on Netflix. JEM & The Holograms, Transformers: Generation 1, G.I. Joe: Real American Heroes, Transformers: Beast Wars and Transformers: Rescue Bots will follow later in 2012.

The Hasbro content will be available on Netflix and included in the Netflix ?Just For Kids? section. Netflix ?Just For Kids? is a collection of TV shows and movies that is specifically selected for children 12 and under, making it easier and more fun for kids and families to browse and instantly watch a large selection of kid-friendly TV shows and movies within Netflix.

"We are very excited to be working with Hasbro Studios," said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Content Acquisition at Netflix. "This deal allows us to offer even more great kids? programming to our members, both adults and kids alike, including new seasons of My Little Pony, Transformers Prime, and Pound Puppies after the season finale airs on The Hub."

?We are pleased that consumers will now be able to watch our award-winning programming on Netflix, the leading internet subscription service,? Hasbro Studios President Stephen Davis said. ?We are making our content easy to access, anytime, anywhere and on all platforms where audiences are consuming content and this is a big step forward with our all screen strategy.?

Edited by Betty Nor, 05 April 2012 - 10:23 PM.

Check out my eBay sales.  Gotta pare down my massive collection into something more managable.

New this week:  Yamato Escaflowne Transforming Guymelef, Micron Legend Shockwave, KB Micromaster Sixbuilder Devastator, Maketoys Battle Tanker w/ Drift Sword, Generations Drift, Beast Hunters Prowl, iGear MW-01 Spray, WST Thurst, Prime, & Prowl, Cyberverse Ark (NEW), GI Joe ROC Figures (NEW), GI Joe Black Dragon VTOL (New), GI Joe Comic 3-Packs (NEW), SDCC R2-KT, and DCUC Superman (MOTUCvsDC version)

Featured Auction:  ML BAF Annihilus, Energon Unicron, Energon Omega Sentinel

#9 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8597 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

So just TFP, G1, RB, and BW, huh? I'm excited about RB, as I haven't watched that at all yet. I'd love to see BM added.

Oh, and TFP is now working on my Vizio netflix, but MLP still wouldn't. Weird.

#10 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7910 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

That's because Vizio is willing to make a stand against the ponie infestation! icon-arcee.gif

#11 Daith

Daith

Hero of the Battle of Rishi

• Supporter
  • 5807 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Well G1 and GI Joe, and Jem all popped on this week. icon-ironhide.gif

EDIT: Joe only has the initial couple Miniseries up just yet. Jem has the 1st season up and G1 looks to be completely available though.

Edited by Daith, 23 April 2012 - 12:33 PM.

3DS Friend Code : 1633-4354-6578 Username: Daith Pokemon X - Trainer Name :Phil

#12 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 832 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(Daith @ Apr 23 2012, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well G1 and GI Joe, and Jem all popped on this week. icon-ironhide.gif

EDIT: Joe only has the initial couple Miniseries up just yet. Jem has the 1st season up and G1 looks to be completely available though.

G1 is there...and GI Joe!!! it was a good day indeed!!
"Expect me when I arrive" - G'kar
Ryougabot

#13 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14713 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

Is there a way to see what selection Netflix has in Canada? I tried visiting the website, but it just took me to Netflix.com...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#14 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 1052 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

So I'm watching G.I.Joe for possibly the first time ever on Netflix. (It was a weird line my parents drew when I was a kid: Giant cartoon robots fighting to the death - okay. Cartoon humans fighting to the death - not okay.) Mostly, I'm just trying to figure out the difference between Duke and Hawk. Everytime I think I got it, it turns out I'm wrong.

But anyway, I'm having the same problem I did when I found Robotix on youtube a ways back: I'm mentally incapable of NOT hearing Transformers when the voice actors go at it. It just drives home how truly, ridiculously awesome Scott McNeil is, because I can't get through five minutes of this show without thinking something like:

"Oh. My. God. Major Bludd is nothing but a hilariously British Scrapper! Squeee!"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users