#22 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

High on Believing

• Citizen
  • 18944 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm in the middle of Ico HD Remix.

I'll have to get over how horrid the camera is in Xenoblade, though. Last time I played it I got seasick while going through sub quests and swinging the camera around. Uck.

Edited by Internet Jesus, 23 April 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#23 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

Oh boy...

• Citizen
  • 1257 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

I've picked this up mainly because I'm afraid of availability. It was nearly a miracle it came over to the US at all. It's only available at GameStop or online. Not too many copies were probably made...

It's a game I'm interested in playing though, so I have a copy. The Art book was a nice bonus I didn't even know about.

Played only a little of it to test it out. Then decided to hold off till I got a Wii Classic Controller. (which I now have)

Still I need to beat Tales of Graces F before I move on to another RPG.
Mary had a little lamb, whose fleece was as white as corn flakes!

#24 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(videomaster21XX @ Apr 23 2012, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've picked this up mainly because I'm afraid of availability. It was nearly a miracle it came over to the US at all. It's only available at GameStop or online. Not too many copies were probably made...

It's a game I'm interested in playing though, so I have a copy. The Art book was a nice bonus I didn't even know about.

Played only a little of it to test it out. Then decided to hold off till I got a Wii Classic Controller. (which I now have)

Still I need to beat Tales of Graces F before I move on to another RPG.

Huh, I didn't even know you could use the classic controller. I've gotten so comfortable using the wiimote/nunchuck, though, I can't imagine shifting over now.

#25 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7796 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

http://www.destructo...it-226518.phtml

Interesting little article on the whole "It should have been on a HD system" argument.

I'm not saying the article is right, wrong.. or even correct.. But it is an interesting read and may have some points.

#26 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7796 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Thread Necromancy.....

Just started really playing. Wow.. First few levels when you have two or three skills, you think... "Oh wow.. combat is slow." heheheh.. "Guess I was wrong on that. Also the number of quests is mind boggling!

#27 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Tm_Silverclaw @ May 30 2012, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thread Necromancy.....

Just started really playing. Wow.. First few levels when you have two or three skills, you think... "Oh wow.. combat is slow." heheheh.. "Guess I was wrong on that. Also the number of quests is mind boggling!

Yeah, if you've got any form of quest OCD, you won't have any problem with levels as the game proceeds. If anything it might start feeling too easy.

#28 Matthias Phage

Matthias Phage
  • Retired Staff
  • 8996 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

RISE FROM THE DEAD. Sorry, did a search for the appropriate thread rather than make a new one. This has recently hit my radar and I'm debating picking up a copy since my local Gamestop still has some.

I'm hearing a LOT of positive things, but trust the gamers here more than what gets said at a gaming review site. Is this something I should invest $50 into?

#29 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7796 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

I say go for it... as a Matter of Fact I need to see what it looks like on a Wii U

And this game in many cases is arguably as good looking as the HD counterparts.

And don't let the combat system fool you at first. At first it may seem slow.. but soon it's very fast paced.

#30 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 3736 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

It's a great game, but if you have quest-completion OCD this game will drive you crazy and take forever to play. I end up playing it for days on end and then take months-long breaks before going back. I still haven't finished it icon-ball.gif

It's not perfect, but it's darn near close. I adore the voicework, and I love any game that actually changes the character's appearance when you change their armor.
Really my only complaint is with the quest system. I don't like how it loads you up with so many "kill x amount of x monster" quests, and it's almost impossible to find specific NPCs when you need to. It will tell you their schedule and general location, but you're on your own after that.

Oh, and the music is generally GREAT. I love the daytime theme on the leg plains.

Edited by Boss Borot, 13 December 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#31 SilverFirePrime

SilverFirePrime

And one more for Jenny and the Wimp

• Citizen
  • 3875 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

I would say definitely pick up this game, with a caveat if you're OCD about completing everything this game has to offer. While the game excels in the most part in making it easy to find even the rarest items, it can still become maddeningly hard to find certain items, which could leave you hanging to complete the game's biggest sidequest. (A situation I am sadly in, and contemplating restarting over)

While the game does give you a lot of the 'find/kill so many of x' quests, keeping up on them along with all the other sidequests to a reasonable degree is a good way to assure you stay at an acceptable level for the game.

It took a little getting used to, but I do like the combat system. It's very similar to FFXII, but minus the complex gambits and with a little more control and a few other tweaks I won't go into due to possible spoilers icon-hotrod.gif

But that aside, this is still a fantastic RPG that deserves playing if you are even a casual fan of the genre

When you find yourself standing on the brink of surrender, know that many in the past faced trials such as your own, but overcame them with their great conviction.
No matter the greatness of your desperation, the failures of your efforts, or the injustice of your treatment, at least a few men have stared into the same challenges and emerged victorious from these tests.
Such men are not only a great source of inspiration, but also the very foundation upon which modern society rests.

From lyric booklet of 'Starfall' by Dragonland

The mind. It boggles.
QUOTE(Alvatron!)
...what's a comicon without a roomful of drunken comic geeks singing showtunes to DDR?

#32 Matthias Phage

Matthias Phage
  • Retired Staff
  • 8996 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Well I have purchased the game, but am holding off on playing it til Christmas since my roommate and I split it as a Christmas gift.

#33 Aiko Heiwa

Aiko Heiwa

Salt 'n' Genki

• Citizen
  • 640 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(Matthias Phage @ Dec 15 2012, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I have purchased the game, but am holding off on playing it til Christmas since my roommate and I split it as a Christmas gift.

But if you split it, how can you play it?

The disk would be in two pieces, wouldn't it?
ibydrNGw4HnrWK.gifNew sig coming whenever~ibydrNGw4HnrWK.gif

#34 Matthias Phage

Matthias Phage
  • Retired Staff
  • 8996 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(Aiko Heiwa @ Dec 20 2012, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Matthias Phage @ Dec 15 2012, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But if you split it, how can you play it?

The disk would be in two pieces, wouldn't it?

I meant the cost.

#35 Matthias Phage

Matthias Phage
  • Retired Staff
  • 8996 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Well I'm now 5 hours in, and haven't even gotten out of Colony 9 yet, other than doing some fetch/hunt quests.

This game is going to swallow my life.

#36 Matthias Phage

Matthias Phage
  • Retired Staff
  • 8996 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

20 hours in, just out of the mines, game is amazing.

Also, would you think it's worth it to buy a second, sealed copy for collector's purposes? I know the games value on the secondary market is already remarkably high.

#37 Spectre

Spectre

Full of joy.

• Retired Staff
  • 7756 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, I went to buy it and it kinda doesn't exist anymore. icon-screamer.gif

#38 Matthias Phage

Matthias Phage
  • Retired Staff
  • 8996 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

It's not online through Nintendo or Gamestop anymore, but brick & mortar Gamestops may still have some copies. That's how I got mine.

http://www.gamestop......de+Chronicles

Checking with your zipcode might turn it up.

Edited by Matthias Phage, 03 January 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users