#1 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 44742 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Discuss the issue in this thread.

Edited by MrBlud, 21 March 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9827 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yay, it be open!

Not a bad issue. icon-hotrod.gif Not MTMTE, but few books are. Still a solid interesting read. SPOILERS.

I was sorry to see Barrel Roll and some of the more interesting/less human looking NAILs go without getting explored. Also, I'm a bit sorry to see the Aerialbots go storming off like the Dinobots in the old Marvel comic. The "Grimlock" role is a bit odd for Silverbolt, though i think you could argue it was somewhat understandable in that he always cared deaply about his troops, his seriously taking responsibillity for them is one of the reasons he got the job from Prime traditionally. Still I want to see Sky Dive do something besides stand in the background and follow Silverbolt. Since they've seperated themselves from the group now I'd LOVE an issue focused on the team and getting each member some personality and spotlight time to react to the situation. I don't think that'll happen, but I wish it would. Given how hostile Cybertron is, I'm not sure how far they're going... the next time we see those five could be as corrpses found in the wilderness. (Boo to that idea.)

Still I really like what they're doing with Starscream. It's nice to see him using his cunning this way and not knowing how far exactly you or the Autobots should trust his stated motives. He DEFINATELY has the public relations savy that King Bee (that is almost certainly gonna catch on...) and Prowl lack.

Curious to see where we go next. I'd like to see the book expand its character focus and start moving the plot of settling and exploring Cybertron a bit more. So far it's been the political leadership crisis interrupted by a crisis of the moment that must be solved. Now with a seeming triumvirate of Bee, MH, and Starscream formed I'd like to see them get a bit more traction under them in dealing with their main issues of the hostile planet, new city, new society bit.

-ZacWilliam, also Prowl is really wound tight these days. Understandable but still, he's more like a pressurized ball of repressed anger than his usual stoic self.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 28 March 2012 - 12:07 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9827 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Btw, the TRANSFORMERS Facebook page has now posted creator comentary from the writer, artist and colorist on the first four pages.

-ZacWilliam, nothing world-shaking but a few hints at things to come.

#4 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31429 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

Could we get a toy of that Metalhawk already?

#5 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9827 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Axaday @ Mar 28 2012, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could we get a toy of that Metalhawk already?

To be fair he was just introed in that design 4 months ago and it takes something like two years to go from concept to toy IIRC.

I dream in my deapest heart that following the Trans4mers Movie toyline in 2014 (is it too overdone to joke about it being entirely 35 Bumblebee and Prime variants?) we come back to Generations in 2014 with Rung/Scrounge, Metalhawk, Swerve, and Skids.

-ZacWilliam, oh and as long as I'm dreaming I'd love a Sky Lynx.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 28 March 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#6 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 44742 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

I enjoyed it but it didn't seem as enjoyable as past issues.

I loved the interplay between the bots though. And it was nice to get a sciency Wheeljack again.

#7 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Anyone else find it odd that the Aerialbots walked out of town?

#8 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9827 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Xaaron @ Mar 29 2012, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else find it odd that the Aerialbots walked out of town?

In which way?

1) Because outside of town is entirely a hostile primitive hell-scape bent on murdering anyone who goes more than a few feet?

2) Or because they coulda flown?

Until a future issues says otherwise I'm gonna assume they just metaphorically walked away from King Bee's government and didn't actually walk out of town, which Ironhide's foray in issue #1 suggests would be tantamount to suicide even if there were anyplace to go, which there isn't.

-ZacWilliam, would LOVE an issue focused entirely on the Aerialbots, showing how each of them as individuals feels about and deals with the whole situation and leaving the Autobots. That would be a great chance for some character exploration and exploration of the new Iacon forming.

#9 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6359 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Good Lawd.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 29 March 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#10 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

Looking at that page, I like to think Wheeljack's communicator doesn't always chirp *BEE-BEE*. Sometimes it goes *PROWL-PROWL* or *JAZZ-JAZZ*.

#11 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9827 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(Xaaron @ Mar 29 2012, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking at that page, I like to think Wheeljack's communicator doesn't always chirp *BEE-BEE*. Sometimes it goes *PROWL-PROWL* or *JAZZ-JAZZ*.

Jazz's should go ZOOM-ZOOM.

-ZacWilliam, now that they've made friends I wonder if it sometimes goes SCREAM-SCREAM!

#12 Wildwade

Wildwade
  • Citizen
  • 1357 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

You can see Ironfist's prize skysled above Wheeljack's head in that top panel too.

#13 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condemented

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Okay, Andrew Griffith deserves some kind of medal and industry award for excellence. Managing to research and include this ungodly density of detailed references in kickass art and still delivering the thing on time is something that many, if not most other artists in the industry could only dream of achieving.

#14 Database

Database

Dance my ponies, Dance!

• Citizen
  • 21248 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(Creature SH @ Mar 29 2012, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, Andrew Griffith deserves some kind of medal and industry award for excellence. Managing to research and include this ungodly density of detailed references in kickass art and still delivering the thing on time is something that many, if not most other artists in the industry could only dream of achieving.

Maybe its the fact I've read Darkwing Duck and Ghostbusters, but I don't find this surprising as each issue of those series is filled with pages like this.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#15 Primer Prime

Primer Prime

Just add Roberts

• Citizen
  • 766 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Agreed. I REALLY like Griffith's Wheeljack, too. He does a very good job of giving WJ a lot of expression in spite of the faceplate.

I was a bit surprised that Silverbolt turned out to be the hothead Aerialbot, as opposed to say... Slingshot. Not to mention his very monotone color scheme. I honestly thought he was Blades when he first popped into the recovery ward (though Blades is of course also red... but it was mostly due to how Griffith draws bolt's wings in bot mode).

#16 SkyQuake

SkyQuake

Bettin' on the Ponies.

• Citizen
  • 1629 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

A very well done issue! The story, and dialogue is intelligent with lots of easter eggs in the art. These two series really do make me look forward to Transformers comics again. Rather than go the easy way, and break out into war, the writing shows exactly how much strain is taken in order to keep the peace. Keep em coming!

The Hexwing Art Contest is COMPLETED!

#17 Magnusblitz

Magnusblitz
  • Citizen
  • 3133 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE(Optimus Primary @ Mar 29 2012, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was a bit surprised that Silverbolt turned out to be the hothead Aerialbot, as opposed to say... Slingshot. Not to mention his very monotone color scheme.

It's close to what his color scheme was in War for Cybertron... which isn't good IMO, this color scheme is bland and I like it better with the red in there.

I think this issue was a bit weaker than the others, but still decent. I'm digging Starscream. The writing just feels a bit uneven. Like Bumblebee's outburst last issue, Silverbolt's outburst seemed a bit out of place. Just needs more buildup, I feel.

Have we gotten any info on Cybertron's moons before in IDW?

#18 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9827 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(Magnusblitz @ Mar 31 2012, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have we gotten any info on Cybertron's moons before in IDW?

DOOP and MTMTE #1 established that one of the Moons vanished mystiously in reletively modern times. No one knows to where. Swerve was part of the "Moon Quest" to try and find it. Apparently they failed.

-ZacWilliam, almost wanted to add the bit about Minicons hailing from the moons but that was Aligned from the Exodus novels. Wish that would get used somewhere. Neat Idea.

#19 Magnusblitz

Magnusblitz
  • Citizen
  • 3133 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

Thanks. Given three mentions of the missing moon in recent comics, I'd wager it's going to be important soon...

#20 StarScreamZX

StarScreamZX
  • Citizen
  • 2800 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(Optimus Primary @ Mar 29 2012, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was a bit surprised that Silverbolt turned out to be the hothead Aerialbot, as opposed to say... Slingshot.

That was my first thought as well, but I think with Barrel Roll dying, it does work for Silverbolt to just completely lose it. Especially since he does think the Decepticons were behind the first blast anyways. I can imagine Slingshot influencing Silverbolt off screen as well.

Really good issue. Loved the focus on Starscream and Wheeljack. If SS can convince even the most intelligent among the top brass, you know things aren't looking good icon-hotrod.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users