Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

http://www.polarisma...-in-disguise-3/

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10937 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Thank you background discussion of the screwed economy, differences between NAILS and non-existent infrastructure!

That is EXACTLY what this book needed to remind us of the totally new society trying to form from the Chaos here. Very cool. icon-hotrod.gif Hope there's more like that inside.

(The two NAILs who come to Wheeljack are fine, but they're the two "normal ones" again. Really I want to see the less "normal bodied" ones we see in the backgrounds get spotlight/dialogue too. Even more really. But hey, this is a big step the right way. )

-ZacWilliam, and ooh, new G1 Aerialbot based on a Minicon... Now did he live...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 20 March 2012 - 05:44 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Shipping Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8767 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

I sure hope Barrel Roll lived, it's unlikely, since he was probably just a new guy made to die, but he's the coolest Aerialbot I've seen to date.

#4 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10937 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Mar 20 2012, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sure hope Barrel Roll lived, it's unlikely, since he was probably just a new guy made to die, but he's the coolest Aerialbot I've seen to date.

I agree that's likely why he was added to the team but hey, I'll take it over my beloved Sky Dive buying it any day. And hey he does kinda have a toy: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Barrel_Roll so you can add him to your own team... as long as you do lots of forced perspective.

It was pretty cool of him to reach out to Dirge (even if he was naive about the Autobot's morals) so yeah I'd love to see him pull through.

-ZacWilliam, like seeing the Aerialbots as a team, it's been a while.

#5 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10937 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Also... HOLY SCRAP Fixit! That's awesome!

-ZacWilliam, really needs to look at backgrounds closer the first time through.

#6 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

I really cannot stand the Autobots in RiD. Or anyone really. I mean I get it, war just ended, tensions are running high. I just want to shake each one of them and yell WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID? I mean, Prowl using Cons as a police force, and killing one in front of civilians. Metalhawk constantly being a dick to Prowl. Bumblebee being dumb. Decepticons still trying to undermine everything, new arrivals just either being bungholes or rebelling for no reason except "we weren't decepticons or autobots, so why are Autobots in charge?" STOP BEING ZSATUPID bungholes.

#7 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10937 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Mar 20 2012, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really cannot stand the Autobots in RiD. Or anyone really. I mean I get it, war just ended, tensions are running high. I just want to shake each one of them and yell WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID? I mean, Prowl using Cons as a police force, and killing one in front of civilians. Metalhawk constantly being a dick to Prowl. Bumblebee being dumb. Decepticons still trying to undermine everything, new arrivals just either being bungholes or rebelling for no reason except "we weren't decepticons or autobots, so why are Autobots in charge?" STOP BEING ZSATUPID bungholes.

?

What exactly are you finding particularly dumb about their behavior and actions? I'm trying to understand where you are coming from here...

Prowl had no choice but to use the Cons. The situation in DoOP meant he could either do that or watch the Autobots be torn apart by rioting mobs of Nails.

Bumblebee killed Horribul not Prowl but the book makes his state of mind and situation entirely understandable.

Metalhawk is being a dick because he doesn't like the Bots at all and blames them for millions of years of exile and the destruction of their homeworld. Very justifiable reasons for being dickish to them (and he also seems to be trying to Politic himself into power.) same with the NAILs they have EVERY reason to hate the bots and cons and want both gone.

Everybody's really been quite decently motivated and in character that I can see.

Do you just not like political strife, conflict and intreague maybe? Cause that's kinda the point of this book.

-ZacWilliam, folks have made bad decisions here but always understandable and justified bad decisions I'd argue

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 20 March 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#8 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 20117 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

Lookin' kind of G2 there, Air Raid.

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Mar 20 2012, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also... HOLY SCRAP Fixit! That's awesome!

Indeed.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#9 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Mar 20 2012, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
?

What exactly are you finding particularly dumb about their behavior and actions? I'm trying to understand where you are coming from here...

Prowl had no choice but to use the Cons. The situation in DoOP meant he could either do that or watch the Autobots be torn apart by rioting mobs of Nails.

Bumblebee killed Horribul not Prowl but the book makes his state of mind and situation entirely understandable.

Metalhawk is being a dick because he doesn't like the Bots at all and blames them for millions of years of exile and the destruction of their homeworld. Very justifiable reasons for being dickish to them (and he also seems to be trying to Politic himself into power.) same with the NAILs they have EVERY reason to hate the bots and cons and want both gone.

Everybody's really been quite decently motivated and in character that I can see.

Do you just not like political strife, conflict and intreague maybe? Cause that's kinda the point of this book.

-ZacWilliam, folks have made bad decisions here but always understandable and justified bad decisions I'd argue

No, I see what you're saying. I don't disagree, everyone's motivations make perfect sense as presented, and I am enjoying the book. It's mostly Prowl. He is just making the worst decisions possible. Starting from the beginning of the series. Okay we have a race of war machines whom we have just beaten in a war. What do we do with them? Put nano-bombs in their heads and inhibitor collars on them. Surely this will help them integrate better into society. Also, we will use them as a police force, because they are known for restraint and understanding, and it's not like we can ask the new arrivals if they would like to help or any of the soldiers we already have. Nd then, when some people want to leave, I will sabotage their spaceship...because.

And then the NAILs (we made a new term which these people find offensive, we know they find it offensive, but even our political leaders uuse it in conversation). I get that they hate both factions. But. The planet, their home, was dead. They left, for 6 million years. The Autobots "sort of saved" it. They have "Marvel Public" levels of ungratefulness going on. Their idea is "Well, Autobots, thanks for doing whatever it was that revitalized the planet. Now please hug off because this is our home even though we abandoned it for millions of years and you have been fighting a war the entire time." And all Metalhawk does is say "everything you're doing is wrong. I have no other options, just do not do what you are doing."

#10 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Citizen
  • 2432 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Mar 20 2012, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And all Metalhawk does is say "everything you're doing is wrong. I have no other options, just do not do what you are doing."

Welcome to politics?

#11 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 5557 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Do we know when this is coming out? It's not in Diamond's list for this week.

#12 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6128 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

As revealed in More than Meets the Eye #3, sabotaging the Lost Light wasn't Prowl's intent.

#13 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 1052 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

My first thought on seeing Barrel Roll with the Aerialbots was, "I'm going color blind! The Red Shirt looks green to me!"

Interesting seeing Fixit among the Autobots. Considering the company he's keeping, I wonder if it wasn't supposed to be First Aid instead. Still, he wasn't one of Jhiaxus's murderous Micromasters from Revelation, right? I think the Rescue Team were among the few who didn't appear.

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48974 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

icon-waspy.gif to all the fools that thought the Autobots killed Dirge and Deluge in AHM!! icon-waspy.gif

I mean come on, why would they have killed them?

Randy

#15 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 831 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(Chip @ Mar 20 2012, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we know when this is coming out? It's not in Diamond's list for this week.

Previews World has it coming out next week.

#16 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Yay...

• Retired Staff
  • 17559 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I love how they brought Dirge back from the dead to blow him up 3 seconds later. That's got to be intentional.

#17 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 20 2012, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how they brought Dirge back from the dead to blow him up 3 seconds later. That's got to be intentional.

Pretty sure he's not dead.

#18 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 2284 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Sockie @ Mar 21 2012, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The universe is doing its best to fix that. It just missed.
TFWiki.net - The Transformers Wiki: more comprehensive than Teletraan I, longer lasting than Teletraan II, not as violent as Teletraan 10.
Follow the Transformers Wiki on Twitter!

#19 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(abates @ Mar 20 2012, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sockie @ Mar 21 2012, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The universe is doing its best to fix that. It just missed.

Were the deaths of the other two coneheads just mistakes on the universe's part? =P

#20 corgsopal

corgsopal

It was catastro-, catastro-feeling good

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

The universe is partially color blind, thanks in no small part to Transformers Universe. It thought Thrust and Ramjet were Dirge for a minute there.
Reclaim the suffix.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users