- - - - -

Transformers Prime for Wii/3DS/DS

14 replies to this topic

#1 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 4570 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Santa Monica, CA - March 15, 2012- Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATVI), is bringing the ultimate TRANSFORMERS video game experience to kids of all ages with the TRANSFORMERS PRIME video game. Based on the hit animated television show produced by Hasbro Studios and currently airing on The Hub television network in the U.S., the game lets fans play as their favorite AUTOBOT characters and embark on an action-packed adventure to save the earth from the evil MEGATRON and his new secret weapon. Players step into the roles of OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, ARCEE, AUTOBOT RATCHET, BULKHEAD and more as they explore unique vistas all around the world with brawler-style combat and diverse driving sequences. Along the way, gamers cultivate friendships with Jack, Miko and Raf - the human characters from the show - as Team Prime sets out to protect mankind and eliminate the DECEPTICONS once and for all.

"Hasbro Studios has done a phenomenal job with the TRANSFORMERS PRIME television show," said David Oxford, Executive Vice President at Activision Publishing. "We are collaborating closely with the series creators to capture all the adventure, humor and friendships from the show to create an authentic action experience for TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages to enjoy."

"Hasbro is thrilled to be working with Activision again on an exciting new TRANSFORMERS video game," said Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President of Digital Media and Marketing at Hasbro. "The TRANSFORMERS PRIME animated series has resonated strongly with kids and fans and we're looking forward to delivering this new way to experience the adventure."

TRANSFORMERS PRIME will hit stores later this year and is being developed exclusively for Nintendo's Wii? system and the Nintendo 3DS? hand-held system by Now Production (NowPro), and for the Nintendo DS? hand-held system by Altron Corporation. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

For more information and exclusive updates, fans can visit www.TransformersPrimeTheGame.com.

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173718

Edited by Tornadron, 15 March 2012 - 01:51 PM.

"Do not be led by others, awaken your own mind, amass your own experience, and decide for yourself your own path." -The Atharva Veda

#2 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 3096 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

*insert generalization about the lackluster nature of licensed franchise video games and Transformers games in general*

Still... it could be good, right?

0n39.png

#3 Fishbug

Fishbug

Injector has a posse

• Citizen
  • 9190 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

With guest appearances by movie Prime, 'bee, and Megatron, apparently.

#4 Geoff

Geoff

he created the vibe...

• Supporter
  • 1607 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

It better not be like the 'Stealth Force' game on the 3DS cause that was jive. and historically Transformers games on the DS have been the best of the bunch.

Follow me on twitter

#5 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19730 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

I don't buy that. 2007's Transformers: Autobots and Transformers: Decepticons were awesome.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#6 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 4570 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Mar 15 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*insert generalization about the lackluster nature of licensed franchise video games and Transformers games in general*

Nope.

Transformers Prime could translate well to a game if it played like the PS2 Armada game but this is on Wii and 3DS lets not delude ourselves that there's any chance it'll be better then Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon Stealth Force Edition and Cybertron Adventures all of which didn't allow the player to transform at will. I can't find any information on this developer called NowPro either.
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Mar 15 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't buy that. 2007's Transformers: Autobots and Transformers: Decepticons were awesome.

And has anything been awesome since? Revenge of the Fallen on DS threw out every thing that made the first movie game great including every create a bot alt mode beyond cars, it also threw out the free roam environments. War for Cybertron and Dark of the Moon on DS were as mundane as it was.
They could surprise us but given their recent track record I strongly doubt it.
"Do not be led by others, awaken your own mind, amass your own experience, and decide for yourself your own path." -The Atharva Veda

#7 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

• Supporter
  • 19730 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Tornadron @ Mar 15 2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Mar 15 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And has anything been awesome since? Revenge of the Fallen on DS threw out every thing that made the first movie game great including every create a bot alt mode beyond cars, it also threw out the free roam environments. War for Cybertron and Dark of the Moon on DS were as mundane as it was.
They could surprise us but given their recent track record I strongly doubt it.

You sound like a Sonic fan circa 2008.

Also, what the heck? Your post migrated.

Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.

#8 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54280 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Could have at least linked to ours we posted this morning icon-waspy.gif

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#9 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 3096 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Tornadron @ Mar 15 2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Mar 15 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope.

Transformers Prime could translate well to a game if it played like the PS2 Armada game but this is on Wii and 3DS lets not delude ourselves that there's any chance it'll be better then Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon Stealth Force Edition and Cybertron Adventures all of which didn't allow the player to transform at will. I can't find any information on this developer called NowPro either.

'kay. I wasn't exactly deluding myself anyway. I mean just the fact that it's a licensed franchise game, let alone a Transformers game (which seems inexplicably cursed beyond the usual) should raise warning bells. Although I think it's a little unfair to say that the Wii can't have a good TF game just because a different developer did something you didn't like with it. From a pure technological standpoint there's no reason they couldn't do another game like the Armada one on it, if it were the intention of the developer.

It all comes down to what the developer is willing/able to do and that's where the Curse of the Licensed Franchise Game comes in, since those sorts of games rarely get a good budget or the best developers.

Even a no-name developer can accomplish great things, though, so there still may be some hope. Not holding my breath though.

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Mar 15 2012, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mm, it got too cold up north so the post had to go south for the winter icon-fire.gif

Edited by The Doctor Who, 15 March 2012 - 03:05 PM.

0n39.png

#10 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

• Supporter
  • 19730 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Mar 15 2012, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Mar 15 2012, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mm, it got too cold up north so the post had to go south for the winter icon-fire.gif

Now I look like I'm disagreeing with Geoff by agreeing with him.

#11 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 4570 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Apparently the boxes were shown at Hasbro's Fan Media Event

#12 dcjosh

dcjosh

Josh

• Citizen
  • 5428 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Eww nintendo

-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-

#13 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14333 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hmm, guess I should throw my name into the review pool...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#14 DeadCal

DeadCal

On A Scale Of One To Great... I'm Super Awsome

• Citizen
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Nintendo only? Well, if they don't want my money then fine. SSPPLLLPP ;-P
Me Love Grimlock Superdeformed Dinobot Fun

#15 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8487 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

If any of these are better than the DotM versions, I'll probably get at least one of them. Don't have the 3DS yet, but I'd love to get one, and it'd be nice to have a decent TF game on it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users