Transformers Bitterness Fiesta! - 2014

1006 replies to this topic

#1 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm starting this thread to keep my moping away from others.

I'm bitter, and done with Transformers until Hasbro gets their act together. The nice pile of Asian exclusives just pushed me over the edge. New heads, classic decos, and no sign that they'll be released in the US.

Plus the Fanclub mess, plus the canceled toys, plus Prime's future up in the air, plus distribution headaches, plus rising prices for less product, plus quality control problems, plus all the exclusives that disappeared.

It's all piling up.

I'm seeing Generations toys getting clearanced too, so in my parinoia, I expect that the stuff on shelves now is all we're going to see until the fall, all I see being solicited are Prime wave 2 stuff (already seeing it hit), and Botshots.

Glimmer of light: Botshots are still fun, and seemingly have plenty of new product in the pipeline.

Again, I don't want to bring anyone else down, but I wanted to vent.

Edited by Nanite, 29 January 2014 - 03:52 PM.

On them twitters

#2 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

The crowd goes wild at my demise.

• Citizen
  • 2840 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

im completely with you.

i've already started redistributing my TF money towards other things...the current Prime figures dont hold much interest for me...theyre good, just not what i want right now.

Knowing theres a heap of stuffs id have to import and pay more for than i reasonably should, annoys me to no end.

Im usually the guy who likes everything and tries to enjoy most stuff...but when it seems the company that holds the future of my hobby in its grip is basically telling me im not important ( i know how that sounds, work with me people. =])...well, that bothers me.

New product that keeps me interested is something honestly important to me...it gives me something to look forward to, and believe me, i dont have much like that anymore...im praying that BOTCON holds information that will turn my frown upside down, but ive learned never to get my hopes up.

Edited by Stackups immy, 12 March 2012 - 01:23 PM.

Daemon Immortalis: The legends get older, the young get less bolder, I stay the same.

Can you tell me what stops the pain?
Self medication?
Science, saviors, tragedy?
How deep must we cut to reach sensation?
Find it. Bring it back to me
Where the void remains.

#3 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17495 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Apparently people prefer that those of us with similar opinions be shunted to this thread, so I suppose I shall post here.

Hasbro's made some COLOSSAL mistakes recently. From FE to 'Asia Exclusives' to the jivity Prime molds to SO MANY DAMN BUMBLEBEE'S, and it doesn't help that Prime is still making the kind of Boneheaded mistakes it made in Season 1.

I love Transformers too much to go anywhere, but I am sorely disappointed with the current direction of the franchise.

Edited by Master Fwiffo, 12 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#4 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 12 2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Transformers too much to go anywhere, but I am sorely disappointed with the current direction of the franchise.

Indeed.

Hasbro in general seems to be flailing a bit. 160 people were just laid off, profits are down, and all of their lines have some serious oddities this year.

I'm especially baffled that the focus for Transformers is shifting to Asia, and now the US domestic market is being treated as badly as Hasbro UK.
On them twitters

#5 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3091 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 12 2012, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently people prefer that those of us with similar opinions be shunted to this thread, so I suppose I shall post here.

Hasbro's made some COLOSSAL mistakes recently. From FE to 'Asia Exclusives' to the jivity Prime molds to SO MANY DAMN BUMBLEBEE'S, and it doesn't help that Prime is still making the kind of Boneheaded mistakes it made in Season 1.

Erm... "season 1"? Toy distributions don't have seasons, dear. icon-depth.gif

Your Freudian slippage concerning your persnicketiness about the Prime show translating into every aspect of Transformers in general for you is noted. icon-hotrod.gif

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE the show, but the toy distributions are starting to piss me off to no end as well. DOTM Que and Deluxe Soundwave RECOLORS STILL in Asia irks my fist through a wall, and Asia FE awesomes vs. American RiD jivee makes me wonder if China suddenly purchased Hasbro and is now catering towards their demographic regions with better toys on purpose.
There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#6 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17495 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(Thunderhead @ Mar 12 2012, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your Freudian slippage concerning your persnicketiness about the Prime show translating into every aspect of Transformers in general for you is noted. icon-hotrod.gif

Err, I was specifically referring to the show and *its* Boneheaded mistakes.

#7 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8492 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I completely sympathize with the sentiment here. I've been an adult collector for 9 yeas now and this is the first time I've really felt that Hasbro is failing at what they do.

#8 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 12483 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

I share the sentiment of disappointment. That I had to spend what I did to secure toys that I like that should have been available at retail really burns. It's a rediculous position to put fans in. I do understand that jive happens, but I do wonder if there was more that could have been done outside of lining ebay seller's pockets for the next few years.

I'm still here, I'm still a fan, but I'll be damned it I throw out that kind of money for toys that I should have had no trouble finding at retail again .
"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#9 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 12 2012, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Thunderhead @ Mar 12 2012, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err, I was specifically referring to the show and *its* Boneheaded mistakes.

Please elaborate! We're here for you Fwiff!

I think it's strange that case-packouts are so focused on Bumblebee, even though he barely registers on the show. I specifically didn't say that in the bumblebee thread because it's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Armchair conclusions for Toyfair reinforce my misgivings about the Brand. There was little clarity: 8 Generations toys this year? 14? Bruticus is going to be in what colors? Is he scramble-city style? When for any of this stuff? What happened with FE, exactly? Why are so many products being moved to Asia exclusives?
On them twitters

#10 Hecate

Hecate

Kids can be cruel, Jack.

• Citizen
  • 27197 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Okay, so this can be the Sour Grapes thread.

99% of people fail to understand statistics. If you're one of the 23% who do, copy and paste this into your sig!

#11 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17191 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hasbro's made some COLOSSAL mistakes recently. From FE to 'Asia Exclusives' to the jivity Prime molds to SO MANY DAMN BUMBLEBEE'S

People really need to learn that the retailers are entirely separate entities from Hasbro, and ultimately, Hasbro kowtows to them.

Hasbro just wants to sell toys. If the toys aren't getting put on the shelves to be sold, then Hasbro's not getting what it wants, either.

As for the "Asian market exclusives", this is nothing new. It's just that Hasbro Asia's being more aggressive in this latest approach, with more original content. But previously, there were things like the Classics Prime/Magnus two-pack, and the Grimlock/Jetfire two-pack. I'm pretty sure the Buster Prime/Jetfire two-packs were Hasbro Asia as opposed to Takara. And also Year of the Dragon Ultimate Prime.

This is Hasbro Asia acting on its own and pushing the brand in its own market, and is not reflective of the plans of the North American branch, just as how Hasbro UK doesn't always act in accordance with the head office (except that they tend to simply cancel product, rather than create their own exclusives...).

Edited by mx-01 archon, 12 March 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#12 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4490 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Waaaah waaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

That's all I'm hearing in this thread.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#13 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17191 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

I wonder what the fandom climate would have been like if the internet were a thing back during the "Euro G1" release?

#14 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17495 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Mar 12 2012, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hasbro's made some COLOSSAL mistakes recently. From FE to 'Asia Exclusives' to the jivity Prime molds to SO MANY DAMN BUMBLEBEE'S

As for the "Asian market exclusives", this is nothing new. It's just that Hasbro Asia's being more aggressive in this latest approach, with more original content. But previously, there were things like the Classics Prime/Magnus two-pack, and the Grimlock/Jetfire two-pack. I'm pretty sure the Buster Prime/Jetfire two-packs were Hasbro Asia as opposed to Takara. And also Year of the Dragon Ultimate Prime.

I'm fairly sure making an entire line that was originally planned to be released in the US, to the point where they publically announced toys and showed off toys from it in American markets, an Asia exclusive is new. And Bad.

I still can't believe I'm not getting a DotM Leadfoot, Wheeljack or Soundwave, much less a Mirage. That's just plain awful.

#15 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17495 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Mar 12 2012, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder what the fandom climate would have been like if the internet were a thing back during the "Euro G1" release?

Considering that left the franchise dead for couple years...

#16 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8314 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'm waiting until later in the year before I make any real judgement on the whole FE issue, myself. Hasbro said they'd release them, and unlike the Animated toyline have a line that will be continuing that they can slot the FE molds in.

The Movie Trilogy Line is the most disappointing thing so far, for me, since we likely won't get an alternative in the US in the near future.

I'm not mad about the Asia exclusives, there's no evidence that it was ever meant for the US, and if Hasbro Asia wants to make awesome exclusives for their market, then that's cool with me.

#17 Hecate

Hecate

Kids can be cruel, Jack.

• Citizen
  • 27197 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'm fairly sure making an entire line that was originally planned to be released in the US

Wait, when did they say that? These repaints came out of the blue.

99% of people fail to understand statistics. If you're one of the 23% who do, copy and paste this into your sig!

#18 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17495 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Mar 12 2012, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm fairly sure making an entire line that was originally planned to be released in the US

The G1 Wheeljack and Soundwave? I'm positive those were announced by the end of last year for a Movie Trilogy line to be released in the US. Evac was supposed to be part of that line too.

#19 kristal

kristal

That one guy who likes Marvel UK Flame

• Citizen
  • 672 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

I have a little money tucked away for TFs but my main focus is paying for my trip to NYC.

but i'll pull out a 16-20$ for a neat TF like Breakdown, Knock Out or Soundwave. The others can wait until I get to the TRU in NYC.

and it is dissapointing about line cancellations like DOTM HA. Soundwave and Dylan+lazerbeak is frikken neat. and for TFP first edition im set with my Takara first edition Bulkhead my father picked up from Japan.
3DS Friend code: 0791-1212-4166 -Sammi (Friend Safari: WATER type with Bibarel, Quagsire and Azumarill.)

#20 Hecate

Hecate

Kids can be cruel, Jack.

• Citizen
  • 27197 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 13 2012, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Mar 12 2012, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The G1 Wheeljack and Soundwave? I'm positive those were announced by the end of last year for a Movie Trilogy line to be released in the US. Evac was supposed to be part of that line too.

Wait, so you're chucking a tizzy about two guys? just import them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users