10 replies to this topic

#1 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28849 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Another entry in the "about damn time" department, here is my repainted Classics Cliffjumper.

The head is from WFC Cliffjumper (natch), as is the pistol. The B.F.G is a missile-launcher of some sort I've had in my parts-bins now for a couple of years, tipped with a part from Energon Shockblast's cannon.

The main color is straight Testors MM Guard's Red, mixed with some future, over a primer-coat of Krylon Fusion red. In addition he has parts painted in Testors Battleship Gray, Dragon Black, Gunmetal, and Citadel Mithril Silver. The B.F.G was originally a dark green, and I painted it first with Krylon Fusion Beige, and then Krylon Metallic Brilliant-Silver. Also, I mixed a wash of Guard's Red and Gunmetal for the details on his head, and his eyes were painted with a mix of Citadel Enchanted Blue and Testors Dragon White.

I had a near-mishap at the start when trying to paint him using Testors Enamel Italian Red, but there was an issue of some sort with the paint or the nozzle, as it came out all splattery. I had to quickly dunk the parts in alcohol and let them soak a bit to remove the mess. After that I went with the Fusion for a primer, and then hand-painted the Guard's Red over it. Whew!

I'm pretty happy with how he turned out, and pleased to place him back on my classics shelf. Comments are welcome icon-hotrod.gif

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#2 Devcon

Devcon

Whaddayamean "I'm Back"? Daddy-yo,I was never gone

• Forum Moderator
  • 10257 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Love it! Especially the license plate and the representation of the "old back-of-headplate sticker" icon-ironhide.gif

#3 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28849 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Me too! I love reprolabels icon-hotrod.gif

Also, have some more pics:

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#4 Fangwing

Fangwing

The Allspark: We are Injector

• Retired Staff
  • 30397 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

OK, I have that rifle too and I have NO idea where it came from!
Brwoooomp!

#5 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28849 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hrm, a real mystery! Call Nightbeat!

#6 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• News and Content
  • 9810 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

Excellent dude, Corvus! I love that you use just enough highlighting on molded details (like Cliff's head and inside his feet) to make 'em pop without drowning everything else out with excessive drybrush or wash. icon-ironhide.gif

I might have to track down a WFC Cliffjumper and do the headswap on mine.

#7 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 10314 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Its amazing how more "g1" he looks by painting the seats flesh with his legs. I didn't notice that in the picture thread for some reason. Maybe it was picture and Murderbee overload, I dunno. But its a great (and obvious) touch.

#8 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28849 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

@BeltlineYYC: Thanks! I really believe in a "less is more" approach when it comes to things like washes, because its very easy to overdo. I'm a firm believer that not every panel needs to be lined or washed. icon-hotrod.gif

@NICKSTART: Thank you. I completely agree. Some people remove the seats entirely, which I can understand articulation-wise. But I didn't feel the need. A little paint is all that was necessary IMHO.

Edited by ^0^CORVUS^o^, 15 March 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#9 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45964 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

I heart that head detailing.
15421072186_462d2859a6_o.jpg

#10 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

.Des//tron

• Citizen
  • 22413 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

yeah the face looks awesome ... I never new that head had Overlord lips

now my stock standard classics Cliffjumper looks like poop icon-screamer.gif lol
Going back to our regular bi-weekly schedule
Can newer newbs be found? Will the old newbs return? Find out in November!

#11 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28849 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Thanks guys! The choice to do a bit of a wash on the head was a last-minute decision and I'm glad I opted to do it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users