114 replies to this topic

#1 Ironbite

Ironbite

Trust the Fizzy Fisherman

• Citizen
  • 15578 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

I...really don't know how to say this so I'll say it like this.

Joy, my fianc?e, left me this morning. While I was out on the paper route she had. I say had because after today, I'm no longer going to be running it for her. But yeah...she up and left. So yeah there's 10 years down the drain.

So please excuse me if I sound a little bit angry in my posts right now. I'm...not in a good place.

Ironbite-in fact I'm feeling fairly sick.

Welcome back exploding 'raptor.

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 3 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you so intent upon trying to damn everyone that you are willing to use material you know full well to be wrong?

#2 Zyking

Zyking

Totally one of gods gifts to women!

• Retired Staff
  • 5397 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Ohhhhh........dude, that SUCKS so much. icon-screamer.gif

Extra classy leaving you while YOU were doing HER job.

Everything must feel so huged up right now, I am quite at loss of words.

May I ask, what this something that was "long time coming" or were it out of the blue?

Edited by Zyking, 10 March 2012 - 12:09 PM.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it". - Upton Sinclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that!" - George Carlin.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon.

"A lot of things have been done in the name of Jesus that heaven does not approve of" - Jostein Gaarder.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by bungholes." -William Gibson

#3 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Citizen
  • 15578 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Apparently it was something that was a long time coming...at least on her end. For me, this was out of the blue. Sorta. I kinda felt this was coming but didn't expect this to happen today.

Ironbite-I dunno, just hate the fact that I wasted all this time and with nothing to show for it.

Are you so intent upon trying to damn everyone that you are willing to use material you know full well to be wrong?

#4 newsy891

newsy891

Theater Dork in Residence

• Retired Staff
  • 9676 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this, IB. If I could come up with something to say that would make this suck any less, I would.

More fanfic at Offscreen Fics - random archived bits of Transformers fic, with a side of Doctor Who
Sig and avatar art by Shum

RIP, Kevin "SolFire" Russell.
There is help, there is hope. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) in the US, or e-mail jo (at) samaritans (dot) org worldwide.

#5 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 53308 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Jeeze, did she give a reason? Did she tell you to your face or was she just gone?

Is there someone else you didn't know about that she was seeing behind your back?

That sucks man. icon-screamer.gif

#6 tec

tec

Myastur Mispellur

• Citizen
  • 14220 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

ouch
I hope things get better for you
I been there myself so I know theres not a lot we can say thats truely gonna pick you up
But we can try
School Scramble

#7 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Citizen
  • 15578 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

I know and you were there for me when she broke up with me before hand. I honestly shouldn't have tried to get back with her but...first relationship and all that.

Ironbite-I've got a plan and I'm gonna be ok...just gotta take this one day at a hand.

#8 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Citizen
  • 15578 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Mar 10 2012, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeeze, did she give a reason? Did she tell you to your face or was she just gone?

Is there someone else you didn't know about that she was seeing behind your back?

That sucks man. icon-screamer.gif

No nothing. There was nothing that would indicate this. This was, "oh go do my paper route and when you get back I'll be gone". So yeah. Done with that noise.

Ironbite-it's the crappiest I've felt in a long long time.

#9 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 42799 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(Ironbite @ Mar 10 2012, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently it was something that was a long time coming...at least on her end. For me, this was out of the blue. Sorta. I kinda felt this was coming but didn't expect this to happen today.

Ironbite-I dunno, just hate the fact that I wasted all this time and with nothing to show for it.

I'm really sorry for you but I gotta say if this is you're reaction to it then it's probably for the better.

#10 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Citizen
  • 15578 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

I'm gonna cry. Not gonna lie. I don't think this was fair to me to look me in the eye and go "I'm not leaving you" and then...leave me. So there's that.

The worst part is no note. Oh she said she wrote a letter but...yeah. Nothing so far. I'm just hurt so much by this.

Ironbite-but I'm not gonna do something stupid or anything so don't fret about that.

#11 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 30101 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

You wanna cry? Go cry. Rant, rave, break something even.

And when you're done: you'll better having that off your chest. And then you'll realize that you're older and wiser now, with more experience and in a better position from her having left. Plus, probably better than after you got married, what with her walking with half your stuff.

#12 tec

tec

Myastur Mispellur

• Citizen
  • 14220 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

#1 defacto reason not to get married aint no woman gonna own half my stuff just because she desides to leave me

I worked to dam hard on my man cave and no one gonna take it from me
School Scramble

#13 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

That's what pre-nups are for tec,

Ironbite, I don't know what to say. I'm really, really sorry to hear this.

#14 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Citizen
  • 4599 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(tec @ Mar 10 2012, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
#1 defacto reason not to get married aint no woman gonna own half my stuff just because she desides to leave me

I worked to dam hard on my man cave and no one gonna take it from me

Completely inappropriate and unhelpful.

Ironbite, the part about this that's most concerning to me is that you have decided that the past decade of your life has been a waste. :/ That is a huge trap that people in long-term relationships get into, and prompts many of them to stay when they really should go. Having a relationship end doesn't invalidate the original decision to start that relationship, nor the time spent together. I am sorry to hear about the previous breakup, and the fact that it doesn't sound like she was satisfied. The ability to change the relationship to her satisfaction was probably not in your power to change, and THAT is the toughest part to swallow. Hurting isn't pleasant, and is expected for someone being dumped. :/ Sucks, dude. I echo the others' suggestions for catharsis.
********************************* ->?<- *********************************
I DO ART (SOMETIMES!!) Transformers and dragons, oh my! http://heatherbeast.deviantart.com
********************************* ->?<- *********************************

#15 kizudarake

kizudarake

Do you really think I'm always serious?

• Citizen
  • 3341 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

You're better off without her.

Just don't dwell on it or writhe in misery. Feel what you need to feel, but just move on. If she left any stuff behind, box it, leave it on the porch, and tell her in a text where it is, and when she can pick it up. Don't answer the door, don't answer the phone.

Also, don't be bitter, not all women will do that to you.
.mlh z vezs bizN bwzO wmz vS .ozrxvkS hznghrisX 2102 csg tmrifw pxfig z tmrwrlez gmvwrxxz izx z mr hvrw bvodziX dvsggzN
????
This message was written in a code where Z=A, Y=B, X=C and so on. I bear no responsibility, should you choose to translate it.

#16 tec

tec

Myastur Mispellur

• Citizen
  • 14220 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Still doing my part to lighten the mood
Hence the crack about myself and the man cave

No harm to anyone but myself
School Scramble

#17 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 44666 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Sorry to hear that Ironbite.

#18 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

Cubs 2014: They lose because they're undead

• Community Manager
  • 24298 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

I went through the same thing Ironbite, losing a ten year long marriage. And I have to say, good riddance to her. Sorrow of having "nothing to show" will just keep you trapped in a dead end relationship.

I know it hurts like hell. You've cried and you're going to cry some more. But once you fight your way through it you're going to come out on the other side stronger than you were before.

Take the chance to build on small steps. Go look up a few friends you haven't talked to in years, probably because your terrible relationship left you too depressed to bother. And, please, if the sadness gets to be too much GET HELP. Don't let it drive you to a damn mental breakdown like it did me. There's no shame if you wind up needing some medicine to help you feel happiness again.

#19 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 2825 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Aw man that's terrible!

Hrumph, if she didn't have the guts to explain things to you before she left, then a letter will hardly excuse it.

Hang in there man, things will get better. Not quickly nor easily, but they will get better.

And, if nothing else, you have a bunch of great friends here willing to cheer the hell out of you :D
--The Doctor Who

I am The PoeT
Follow my Journey

#20 Zyking

Zyking

Totally one of gods gifts to women!

• Retired Staff
  • 5397 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Ironbite @ Mar 10 2012, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, thats just awful.

I echo the others here; cry a lot, if you want to, break stuff if needed, and get things off your chest. Maybe even take time off work and go somewhere.

You will survive this. But things are going to feel really huged up for a while.

I will have you in my thoughts, even if I only know you from the Internet.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it". - Upton Sinclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that!" - George Carlin.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon.

"A lot of things have been done in the name of Jesus that heaven does not approve of" - Jostein Gaarder.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by bungholes." -William Gibson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users