180 replies to this topic

#41 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 4008 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(DeadCal @ Mar 8 2012, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheeljack. Wreckers. Sigh. If he's a purple ninja assassin in the next iteration of Transformers, will they try to wedge that in as well?

I'm assuming Wheeljack has had this bio, or something similar to it, for a few years. We just don't normally get to see these.
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#42 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 27942 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Chances are that it's pulled from the "Binder of Revelation" that gets brought up now and then. And that's terrible.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#43 Servitor 2152

Servitor 2152

Dancing helper-bot

• Citizen
  • 1764 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

WHEELJACK has built everything from magnetic inducers to immobilizers to gyro-inhibitors, and even the occasional DINOBOT.

Since we know Shockwave is responsible for the original five Dinobots in the Aligned continuity, my personal headcanon is now that Wheeljack built the PCC Dinobots. Because everyone knows that dinosaurs are awesome, including a bored Wrecker with an engineering hobby and too much time on his hands*.

That, or he was involved in the creation of the Predacon that would eventually become BW Dinobot. Somehow.

*And a vague-at-best understanding of what a dinosaur actually is, but that's about par for the course when it comes to Dinobots.
I exist to serve.

#44 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 27942 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Or the bio is just a mess.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#45 DeadCal

DeadCal

On A Scale Of One To Great... I'm Super Awsome

• Citizen
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Mar 8 2012, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheeljack. Wreckers. Sigh. If he's a purple ninja assassin in the next iteration of Transformers, will they try to wedge that in as well?

I'm assuming Wheeljack has had this bio, or something similar to it, for a few years. We just don't normally get to see these.

It's from Prime. Where Wheeljack is a tough as balls wanderer. Imagine Impactor wearing a Wheeljack wig.

Me Love Grimlock Superdeformed Dinobot Fun

#46 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 990 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Vote for Megatron and he won't steal sparks.

#47 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 4008 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(DeadCal @ Mar 8 2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Mar 8 2012, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's from Prime. Where Wheeljack is a tough as balls wanderer. Imagine Impactor wearing a Wheeljack wig.

I can't remember if there's been any behind the scenes info about him, but Prime Wheeljack may be taken from this bio.

Unless I'm missing something it is a chicken and egg thing at the moment.(egg comes first, I know)
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#48 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 4003 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Mar 8 2012, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(LiamA @ Mar 8 2012, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arcee's bio is a good example of how problematic this merging of continuities can be. They take two characters both named Arcee and make them one person. I consider G1 Arcee and Prime Arcee to be seperate characters.

Well they're trying to be inclusive of all versions of Arcee. Surprised a bit there's nothing about her being an Omnibot or sculpting Energon in there. That would have been pretty cool actually. Shoot.

Just consider this filling in the general bio of Aligned Continuity Arcee.

-ZacWilliam, or let it go as being a necessary facet of the trans-universal Hall entries...

That is disappointing, and it's such a simple line to throw in.

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Mar 8 2012, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty good spread here. No clue who I want to vote for.
My favorite part of this process is getting to see the bios for the guys that have obviously been "Aligned".

I find it kind of boring that post-G1 guys like BW Megatron and Sky-byte basically just get summaries of their shows.

Agreed, Sky-Byte didn't even get a mention of being from the G2 era, which is the picture they used for him.

I like how Megatron's bio makes it sound like he won BM, he made an army and countered Cybertron, no mention of his final defeat.

I'm really torn over who to vote for, they're all great picks. I hope next year they just auto-induct Primal and save me some trouble. icon-hotrod.gif

#49 Daggor

Daggor

Rogue Decepticon

• Supporter
  • 2109 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

I proudly put all my support behind Beast Wars Megatron!
Follow me on Twitter, why not? @dopponline

#50 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 6851 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(Servitor 2152 @ Mar 8 2012, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHEELJACK has built everything from magnetic inducers to immobilizers to gyro-inhibitors, and even the occasional DINOBOT.

Since we know Shockwave is responsible for the original five Dinobots in the Aligned continuity, my personal headcanon is now that Wheeljack built the PCC Dinobots. Because everyone knows that dinosaurs are awesome, including a bored Wrecker with an engineering hobby and too much time on his hands*.

That, or he was involved in the creation of the Predacon that would eventually become BW Dinobot. Somehow.

*And a vague-at-best understanding of what a dinosaur actually is, but that's about par for the course when it comes to Dinobots.

Maybe he built Paddles.
I have signatures disabled because they suck.

#51 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 47980 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

It's funny how Beast Wars Megatron (on the Mainframe cartoons) is like my favorite character ever from Transformers, meanwhile his interpretation in Japanese media is pretty much exactly what I hate (seemingly unintelligent Decepticon Leader type).

I will admit that I did like that the United version had an Intelligence of a 10 while Optimus Primal's was a 9. That seems befitting (don't know if those stats were stolen from the Anniversary versions or not?).

Randy

#52 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46087 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

The HOF microverse has to be the most awesome place.

#53 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 12675 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(M Sipher @ Mar 8 2012, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering this isn't merely about the G1 character, but also the Energon and Animated iterations

Is it? That's terribly inconsistent with their official stance on Megatron, then.

At any rate, I don't see any mention of that in Rodimus' bio, unless you want to really stretch some of the generic stuff about inspiration to other Autobots.

How come Wheeljack's bio doesn't say anything about him being Hot Shot's best friend until he was left for dead and joined the Decepticons, becoming Megatron's secret ace in the hole?

icon-waspy.gif

#54 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22717 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Dante @ Mar 8 2012, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How come Wheeljack's bio doesn't say anything about him being Hot Shot's best friend until he was left for dead and joined the Decepticons, becoming Megatron's secret ace in the hole?

icon-waspy.gif

Unlike E Rodimus, Armada Wheeljack can't be argued to be an alt of the original character. Otherwise BW Megatron already in the Hall of Fame, becuase he's Megatron.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#55 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 12675 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Well, that's kind of my point. Energon Rodimus isn't the same character. He was never Hot Rod, and while his past self was compared to Hot Shot (the real Hot Rod/Rodimus parallel), that was only in hearsay. Actually if he were to parallel another Transformers character it would probably be Sentinel Prime.

#56 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 800 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(Dante @ Mar 8 2012, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(M Sipher @ Mar 8 2012, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering this isn't merely about the G1 character, but also the Energon and Animated iterations

Is it? That's terribly inconsistent with their official stance on Megatron, then.

Why? There are two completely separate Megatrons in the BW universe.

Edited by Sockie, 08 March 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#57 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8453 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Y'know, if Wheeljack gets in, I'm voting for Downshift next year, just to see what happens.

#58 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22717 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Dante @ Mar 8 2012, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that's kind of my point. Energon Rodimus isn't the same character. He was never Hot Rod, and while his past self was compared to Hot Shot (the real Hot Rod/Rodimus parallel), that was only in hearsay. Actually if he were to parallel another Transformers character it would probably be Sentinel Prime.

Except he shares the same looks, and name, and role (leader). Doesn't matter if he wasn't Hot Rod, he is Rodimus. Same with Animated, he looks like Hot Rod, but he's Rodimus and a leader. To Hasbro they are all the same.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#59 Detour

Detour

You humans are so weird.

• Supporter
  • 17429 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

So first he steals Drift's schtick, now he's gonna steal Universe Camshaft's as well? icon-fire.gif

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#60 G1MarvelBlaster

G1MarvelBlaster

Give me coffee!

• Citizen
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm just so happy Sky-Byte made the final five!

Of course, he's gonna get curb-stomped by BW Megs, but it bodes well for an eventual induction for everyone's favorite haiku-spouting, cake-loving shark..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users