21 replies to this topic

#1 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8492 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Pics available at TFW and also here (via Seibertron).

Only "new" stuff is seeing PRiD Voyagers Starscream and Bulkhead in package, the RC Knock Out and BB in package, the production (not hand-painted) Optimus Maximus, and (maybe?) the Bot Shots 4-pack (Megatron & Optimus w/launchers, green Brawl and another BB. Megatron might be black, but I'm not sure; maybe dark brown. Different paint apps from the normal launcher version, anyway).

Man, I'm gonna buy Optimus Maximus, aren't I?

edit: Apparently there's a Kre-O display, but no close up pics that I've seen yet. Too bad, as I'm sure they showed the new stuff (unless Kre-O isn't the Oz market yet?).

Edited by Octavius Prime, 06 March 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#2 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Kre-O is here. he just wasn't allowed to take any photos
And I wasn't allowed to photograph any of the Kreo, as they only had the rough samples that Toyfair Germany was using, not the more polished versions at Toyfair America. (They had packaging there though, so I was able to obtain all the missing details the American Transfan sites had missed while they were more focussed on taking pics of the action figures)
only info we had for kreo was
Kreo Series 2 - September. Kreo Series 1 - (last year's sets) will continue to ship to stores, but the bigger sets will be at selected chains only, as exclusives. Kreo Devastator set - 4 robots/vehicles (Scrapper, Drillbit, Hightower, Scavenger) with a Devastator Kreon. 560 pieces. Kreo will be more battle & playset themed this year, Vs "build" theme of last year.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13126

#3 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8492 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Mar 6 2012, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kre-O is here. he just wasn't allowed to take any photos
And I wasn't allowed to photograph any of the Kreo, as they only had the rough samples that Toyfair Germany was using, not the more polished versions at Toyfair America. (They had packaging there though, so I was able to obtain all the missing details the American Transfan sites had missed while they were more focussed on taking pics of the action figures)

only info we had for kreo was

Kreo Series 2 - September.
Kreo Series 1 - (last year's sets) will continue to ship to stores, but the bigger sets will be at selected chains only, as exclusives.

Kreo Devastator set - 4 robots/vehicles (Scrapper, Drillbit, Hightower, Scavenger) with a Devastator Kreon. 560 pieces.

Kreo will be more battle & playset themed this year, Vs "build" theme of last year.

http://www.otca.com....ead.php?t=13126

Ah, thanks.

#4 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4690 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

tfw is really slooooow for me right now...

edit: but the seibertron link was way better

Edited by gargunkle, 06 March 2012 - 08:18 PM.

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#5 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6452 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

And suddenly, I'm back on board for Optimus Maximus. Dude, it's not actually Optimus Prime, it just looks like him! That in and of itself is some kind of tiny miracle.

#6 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Mar 7 2012, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And suddenly, I'm back on board for Optimus Maximus. Dude, it's not actually Optimus Prime, it just looks like him! That in and of itself is some kind of tiny miracle.

I see him as Prime's father. with one of those baby harnesses in the front to hold Baby Cyberverse prime

#7 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Cyber Lizard Jumpstarter? Cool.

#8 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3956 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

I was curious if Optimus Maximus came with any cyberverse figures like the vehicles do, but it looks like it doesn't.
Cool, guess I don't have to hold off on buying a Commander Optimus Prime when I see him.
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#9 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8492 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Mar 6 2012, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was curious if Optimus Maximus came with any cyberverse figures like the vehicles do, but it looks like it doesn't.
Cool, guess I don't have to hold off on buying a Commander Optimus Prime when I see him.

Yeah, it's a bit weird that he doesn't at least come with a Commander class Optimus repaint, but at least this way you don't get dicked over if you already buy one before getting Maximus.

#10 tec

tec

AKB0048's Super Cutie

• Citizen
  • 14929 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Neat FOC shot cant wait for these guys

And yes Im already buying all the Cyberverse stuff so Metro Prime is so bought

#11 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Nice bright shots of everything, I appreciate that.

Very interested in the new, mystery Botshots (Black and Gold Megatron launcher, Green Brawl)
On them twitters

#12 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• News and Content
  • 10299 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Dammit. Not only do I want Optimus Maximus now, I will have to buy Cyberverse figures to go with him. icon-megs.gif icon-fire.gif
Llevo el prisma de tus ojos en mi casco de astronauta y la tímida aurora de tus células...

#13 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

:) hello Friends

• Citizen
  • 22165 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

I think I'm now happy with my deluxe Starscream
there might be another one sometime maybe

#14 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 11558 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Mar 7 2012, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That it's such an obnoxiously awful toy that really cannot be said to even transform and is still getting released feels like a lot more of a miracle. A dark one.

Phazer

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 47798 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Mar 6 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I photographed his bio back at Toy Fair 2012, apparently no one read it then...

Randy

#16 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23551 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Optimus Maximus is still maybe a pass. I never did care much for the "stand or sit guys on robot's forearm or shoulder and give them a gun turret" gimmick on the Human Alliance toys, and I don't know if I like it much here either. I have to admit I'm probably a hypocrite though, because I'd probably like it more if the toy looked like Metroplex or Fortress Maximus, and those were G1 Legends all over it. icon-waspy.gif
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#17 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6452 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(The Phazer @ Mar 7 2012, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Mar 7 2012, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That it's such an obnoxiously awful toy that really cannot be said to even transform and is still getting released feels like a lot more of a miracle. A dark one.

Phazer

Oh Phazer, whatever did we do without you?

#18 Monzo

Monzo

The Weirdest Fan Experience

• Citizen
  • 2137 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

But we learned that at the US Toy Fair...

http://toyfair12.asm...s/DSC05631.html

#19 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8492 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 7 2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I photographed his bio back at Toy Fair 2012, apparently no one read it then...

Randy

I'm not sure why one would need to read the bio to figure that out. The toy is clearly a mecha, not a living TF.

#20 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19821 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Octavius Prime @ Mar 7 2012, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 7 2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Randy

I'm not sure why one would need to read the bio to figure that out. The toy is clearly a mecha, not a living TF.

I'd think the fact that it's designed to interact with a second, smaller Optimus Prime should have been enough, personally...

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users