23 replies to this topic

#1 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4608 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

I think I'm loosing interest in Ponies. They aren't all consuming like they once were. I don't know if it's because I'm not on here every day talking about them, and when I do log on there's such a backlog that I don't even bother reading it. Or maybe it's simply run it's course. It's been a full year now that I've been following this show, and it turned from "This is amazing!" to "Okay, that was fine." I don't know.

I mean that fact that I've got waves 1 and 2 of Blind Bags on my desk below a MLP calender says something. But not even Fluttershy gives the the joy she used to.

Thoughts?
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#2 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 31212 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

It's quite possible that you're simply burned out from it. Over indulging or obsessing can do that. Relax from it, take a few weeks and watch an ep or two of the new stuff once the season ends. If you're still "blah" on it, then it might have just been a fad.

And, if you are truly done with it, try to keep some of the morality in your heart and mind. You don't need to be a brony to try to make the world a better place.

#3 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8520 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hey, if you're not interested anymore, you're not interested anymore, none of us will hold it against you, or at least none of us should.

Wonko's advice is good stuff, so keep that in mind.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 06 March 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#4 Sobana

Sobana

Destroyer of Love & Identity Thief

• MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

This season is missing something from that last season one, that little bit of magic that made it perfect. But, I had this problem before, go watch a horror movie marathon, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Hellraiser, Child's Play, Puppet Master, Halloween. Then watch an episode of FiM, it will rekindle your love for it! =D
Spoiler

#5 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Yay...

• Retired Staff
  • 17526 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Eh, just kick back, relax, and only really worry about the show on the weekend when it airs. Its what I do.

#6 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(TM2 Dinobot @ Mar 6 2012, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I'm loosing interest in Ponies. They aren't all consuming like they once were. I don't know if it's because I'm not on here every day talking about them, and when I do log on there's such a backlog that I don't even bother reading it. Or maybe it's simply run it's course. It's been a full year now that I've been following this show, and it turned from "This is amazing!" to "Okay, that was fine." I don't know.

I mean that fact that I've got waves 1 and 2 of Blind Bags on my desk below a MLP calender says something. But not even Fluttershy gives the the joy she used to.

Thoughts?
Scaling obsession back to the point where it's a regular interest among others?

Excellent.

#7 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12233 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

Yeah, I'm in a similiar boat. I still faithfully watch the show each week and enjoy it immensely, still collect the toys, and still peruse this subforum or ED here and there, but I'm not spending several hours every night looking at every PMV and reading fiction and making gifs and looking at fanart. It's a natural winding down.

I wouldn't say I'm losing interest, just that I'm not spending all my time on them.

#8 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 13051 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

I don't so much give up on fandoms as get distracted from them by the next shiny to come along. The more specific the fandom, the better it holds my interest, but the more likely it is to cease getting new material (see, for instance, my War Planets or Mystic Knights of Tir na Nog pages). I'm more distractable from huge sprawling fandoms (like Trek or kaiju) because they're too big to really get into in depth, so my roots are shallower. But when it's possible to follow pretty much all of the official stuff and a big chunk of the fan stuff, I find it easier to latch on.

I figure ponies will be one of those things I stay interested in as long as they keep making FiM, at which point I may drift off if G5 doesn't immediately grab me. In many ways, Transformers are an oddity in my fan behavior because it has changed radically many times and still held my interest. (Superhero comics, being something from before I was solidly "fannish", are also an exception.)

In any case, I rarely burn out on any fandom. They wither from the other side first, or I was never that into it to begin with.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#9 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2131 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'm still enjoying the show. Of course, I just watch the episodes. I don't follow any fan sites, fan art, message board discussions or anything (barring this detour into the Allsparkle). So there's no burnout.

#10 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46387 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, I'm in a similiar boat. I still faithfully watch the show each week and enjoy it immensely, still collect the toys, and still peruse this subforum or ED here and there, but I'm not spending several hours every night looking at every PMV and reading fiction and making gifs and looking at fanart. It's a natural winding down.

I just do (and always have done) the first part.

AM I NOT A TRUE FAN??? icon-screamer.gif

icon-fire.gif

#11 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2131 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Mar 8 2012, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

icon-fire.gif

Nah, just a smart one!

#12 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4054 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Mar 8 2012, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just do (and always have done) the first part.

icon-fire.gif

No, you Sir are a paper fan. icon-waspy.gif
-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#13 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46387 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Can I really trust a Jawa? icon-arcee.gif

I don't follow all the fan stuff but I have cosplayed as a character. SO CONFLICTED! icon-fire.gif

#14 Hecate

Hecate

Beyond the Bounds

• Citizen
  • 27908 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

I got sick of it a while ago. There's only so much you can do with a children's show about ponies.

superliminalsubliminalliminal

#15 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 13051 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

Like complain about it in every thread you can find, Hora? Yes, hipster-so-over-it trolling is a play pattern, I just wish you'd get bored of that too.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#16 Hecate

Hecate

Beyond the Bounds

• Citizen
  • 27908 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Mar 9 2012, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like complain about it in every thread you can find, Hora? Yes, hipster-so-over-it trolling is a play pattern, I just wish you'd get bored of that too.

---Dave

Hey man, why you gotta marsh my mellows~

superliminalsubliminalliminal

#17 MyLittleEmpath

MyLittleEmpath

Don't worry. Ponies will make it all better.

• Supporter
  • 1428 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

I still watch every episode as soon as I can find it, but I don't spend all of my spare time sketching ponies anymore, and I've never really delved much deeper into the fandom than these boards--you guys and gals are a great filter, by the way, and I love you all--so while the show no longer devours my life in great gulps, it still maintains a fairly strong hold on me. And I have to say, quite a bit of my own petty/childish/profane/hateful/intolerant attitudes and behaviors have been significantly improved or even completely abolished since I started watching the show and coming here regularly. This show made me a better person, and I will always remember and cherish it dearly for that, and for all of you. Whether any of you leave or not, I want you all to know that you are some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

All of the gratitude, dear friends. All of the gratitude.
FREE CUSTOM PONIES!!
Just PM me whatever specifications you want.

#18 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8520 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

Aaaw, hugs all around, everypony!

Edited by Cabooceratops, 09 March 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#19 Sobana

Sobana

Destroyer of Love & Identity Thief

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Group hug! Even for hipster-antisocial Hora Hora! Hooray! =D
Spoiler

#20 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4810 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Mar 9 2012, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still watch every episode as soon as I can find it, but I don't spend all of my spare time sketching ponies anymore,

See, if I had your ability to draw, I would! I suck outside the digital realm and without the ability to generate new content, I'm a glorified cut and paster. icon-screamer.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users