Entertainment Earth

Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (13 February 2016 - 07:15 AM)

Polkatron dares to be stupid and is voiced by A. Yankovic.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 February 2016 - 07:07 AM)

He got all the musical talent in the family.

@  BillBarclay : (13 February 2016 - 05:59 AM)

Polkatron? is he Plokatron's spotty brother?

@  BillBarclay : (13 February 2016 - 05:58 AM)

Polkatron? is he Ploj

@  Plokatron : (12 February 2016 - 11:21 PM)

@Cabooceratops So was what I said. :D

@  Cabooceratops : (12 February 2016 - 09:10 PM)

It's called a joke, Polkatron, you may have heard of the concept?

@  Plokatron : (12 February 2016 - 08:06 PM)

@Nutjob R/T @TheMightyMollusk Yesh are you Baybots thinking so litteral?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 February 2016 - 02:41 PM)

Optimus makes a lousy helmet.

@  Nutjob R/T : (12 February 2016 - 02:11 PM)

Wait when did Optimus Prime fly off the top of your head?

@  Plokatron : (12 February 2016 - 01:55 PM)

@Paladin @TheMightyMollusk @NotVeryKnightly Dumb dumb dumb on Hasbros part. Optimus flew withing the first three episodes of the G1 cartoon. No not the glide flight thing that only Deceps uses after that I mean the jetpack part. Plus I can site four other times he flew off the top of my head.

@  Boomhauer : (12 February 2016 - 12:45 PM)

Optimus already got to fly in RID's Season finale, though one could argue he was just falling with style instead of flying properly.

@  Rycochet : (12 February 2016 - 12:09 PM)

The Unicron Trilogy had awful shows but some really neat toys even if it did get off to a shaky start with some of the unnecessarily flawed Armada stuff.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 February 2016 - 12:09 PM)

Didn't he fly in Beast Hunters?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 February 2016 - 11:58 AM)

What about Animated?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 February 2016 - 11:55 AM)

Someone who never saw the Unicron Trilogy. God do I envy them....

@  Paladin : (12 February 2016 - 11:49 AM)

...Hasbro's billing that new "Power Surge Optimus Prime" as "the first time Optimus takes flight." who thought THAT sounded right....

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 February 2016 - 11:34 AM)

More likely, they'll all follow the same visual style to retain brand coherency. The most you could hope for is better writing, but don't hold your breath.

@  Dracula : (12 February 2016 - 10:25 AM)

Cool. Bay can't possibly direct all of those. Maybe we'll get someone else's vision of what a TF movie could look like.

@  Paladin : (12 February 2016 - 10:14 AM)

ugh. we're apparently getting 1 TF film A YEAR starting 2017. and Bumblebee gets a spinoff film...

@  Plokatron : (11 February 2016 - 03:23 PM)

Guess no one has the comic then. Blast I need that close up of Ironhide's helmet!

@  Arazyr : (11 February 2016 - 01:41 PM)

Happy Birthday, young'un. 8^)

@  D Buster Prime : (11 February 2016 - 01:21 PM)

It's my BIRTHDAY! I'm 35 years young!

@  BillBarclay : (11 February 2016 - 10:54 AM)

nah! it's Venus that's going to Botcon!

@  Paladin : (11 February 2016 - 10:45 AM)

could've also meant Cree Summer...

@  Dracula : (11 February 2016 - 08:39 AM)

Good going, Blackarachnia. I heard it's been hard for her to get roles after Hasbro brought in Airachnid.

@  BillBarclay : (11 February 2016 - 06:34 AM)

you mean Venus Terzo! she's supposed to be going to Botcon

@  Whirl Maximus : (11 February 2016 - 03:23 AM)

Blackarachnia was on Supernatural last night.

@  Plokatron : (10 February 2016 - 11:08 PM)

Ponderous slagging ponderous. Hey anyone got some good Hi-res captures of Ironhide in Infestation? I really need close ups of his head for reference on a project.

@  Plokatron : (09 February 2016 - 10:46 PM)

Ok now this is funny. I ordered a used copy of HoS GN and the one I got was a library copy once. It's marked Union County on it. Thats my home county. :D It never was in my library though. Mine is named after the man who built it not the town or county but still kinda funny.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 February 2016 - 09:44 PM)

Is it sad I read "KF7 Soviet" as "KFC7 Soviet"?

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 February 2016 - 03:38 PM)

Neat.

@  Dracula : (09 February 2016 - 03:35 PM)

A what? Oh, you must mean a KF7 Soviet. Common mistake.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 February 2016 - 03:22 PM)

Can I just get an AK-47 instead?

@  Telly : (09 February 2016 - 02:35 PM)

this is form 47-a. you want form 47-A. start again

@  MEDdMI : (09 February 2016 - 02:07 PM)

Now you didn't fill the form in black or blue ink. Do it again.

@  Rycochet : (09 February 2016 - 02:04 PM)

You made a typo on the first page of the forms, you're going to have to go back and fill the whole form out again, from first to final.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 February 2016 - 01:31 PM)

"bats"

@  Dracula : (09 February 2016 - 01:09 PM)

Nice and soft, you say? This isn't even my final form!!!!

@  Telly : (09 February 2016 - 12:47 PM)

its nice and soft like YOU dracula *bats eyelashes* and thatll probly be the last thing i post in this thing now lol

@  Dracula : (09 February 2016 - 08:52 AM)

It's course and rough...wait that doesn't work

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 February 2016 - 08:43 AM)

It gets everywhere?

@  Paladin : (09 February 2016 - 07:57 AM)

i hate snow.

@  BillBarclay : (08 February 2016 - 04:58 PM)

btw one of the Transformers Victory intro's(not the original music used) on YouTube uses one of the pieces of music used on the US version of Transformers Armada

@  Rycochet : (08 February 2016 - 03:55 PM)

You should read it again, it gets better with age!

@  Whirl Maximus : (08 February 2016 - 03:46 PM)

I am fully aware of that story and mentioning it carries the penalty of fifty towel snaps.

@  Rycochet : (08 February 2016 - 03:31 PM)

Shh, it's a trap!

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 February 2016 - 02:48 PM)

See, you said "awesome" and "The Beast" in the same sentence, and I think you broke my mind with the contradiction.

@  Rycochet : (08 February 2016 - 02:42 PM)

No-one tell Whirl about the awesome dinobot combiner, The Beast.

@  Plokatron : (08 February 2016 - 02:37 PM)

@Dracula Uh oh were in trouble.

@  Rycochet : (08 February 2016 - 02:36 PM)

If you think that's cool, wait until you see what other stuff we're hiding from you.

Photo

Shockwave 75's review of Surprise Headmaster Gift Set

1 reply to this topic

#1 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

Time and Space Oddity

• Supporter
  • 4920 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

I just acquired this set as a "Grail Prize" from a new collecting website called ShelfLife. It's rather like Crave was before it had to shut down. I suggest checking it out. Anyway...

The unofficial reissue Surprise Headmaster Gift Set!

A very nice looking set, very professional and slick.

It looks like something that Takara/Tomy might actually put out.

Here we have the 4 Spikes and Zaraks. I'm not going to waste a lot of time reviewing them since basically if you've seen one Spike/Zarak you've seen them all. One of the plus's to this set is that you don't have to worry about the ravages of GPS with this Black Zarak.
The plastic quality is quite nice. It's not as glossy as the originals, but it still looks good.
Here they are in their robot modes:

And here they are in their head modes:

Now to the good stuff. The Headmasters that everyone wants to see. The guys referred to in the TV Magzine Supergod Masterforce story Master File #1 as the Headmaster Teens.

First up are Kirk, Rodney, and Loafer:

In their head modes only Rodney has the same style of lower leg as all the regular Headmasters that are big and blocky, meant to cover up the robot mode body while giving the illusion of a more complete head. The other two have rather stylized legs. Rodney is also unique in the way he transforms to head mode. He is the only one in this set that folds his legs "up"; meaning he kinda sits down to become a head. The only other Headmaster that shares this type of transformation is Krunk who is paired with Snapdragon.

There's not much fiction around these guys. They didn't even originally come with tech specs, nor do they now. But one easy way to remedy that is to attach them to a Headmaster body:

Kirk's readout is SPD: 7 STR: 9 INT: 6, Rodney: SPD: 10 STR: 7 INT: 10, Loafer: SPD: 10 STR: 9 INT: 8

Now the beast mode Headmasters Toraizer, Lione, and Shuffler. All four can move their legs and Shuffler actually has articulation in his trunk that has nothing to do with his transformation. It can move up and down slightly.

Toraizer and Lione have basically the same transformation to head mode except you fold Toraizer's head back while you bring Lione's head forward so it remains visible. Shuffler has a pretty involved transformation for a Headmaster, it's actually a 4 step transformation. All 3 have their robot mode faces on their bellies.

Like the other three, these three have little fiction associated with them. In the case of Shuffler, none at all! But like the other three all one need do is plug them into a Headmaster body.

Toraizer: SPD: 9 STR: 8 INT: 8, Lione: SPD: 7 STR: 7 INT: 8, Shuffler: SPD: 4 STR: 10 INT: 9

All of these guys, with the exception of Shuffler appeared in the Headmasters episodes Miraculous Warriors, Targetmasters prt 2, and Operation: Destroy the Decepticons!, though their physical appearances varied between the two episodes.

This is a great set and I recommend anyone interested try and track one down. It's really the only way to own these figures without either being indepndantly wealthy or winning the lottery.

Oh, and I'll attach a nice pic I took of the battle scene on the back of the box in case anyone would like to use it as a background. I am!
box_battle_surprise_headmaster_giftset2.JPG

Edited by Shockwave 75, 07 March 2012 - 09:53 AM.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#2 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

Time and Space Oddity

• Supporter
  • 4920 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Forgot to add a theory of mine.

I think that if they had been released in North America they definitely would have been split up between the factions.

Assuming their looks wouldn't have been changed; and really why would they? Back in the 80's there was little chance of anyone in North America being able to get the Japanese versions, unlike today.

I think the split would have been done thusly:

Autobots: Kirk, Loafer, and Toraizer; just because I thnk their faces look most "Autobot-like".

Decpticons: Rodney, Lione, and Shuffler; again, because they look the most "Decepticon-like".

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users