#81 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 23066 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Apr 20 2012, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This episode was ridiculous. From Doc Ock creating Venom from Spidey's blood in literal seconds, to the ever-calculating Osborn throwing caution to the wind and demanding a working prototype... BY EOD TODAY! If he is like that in his business dealings too, it's sheer wonder Oscorp is still standing.

Also, well, Venom just needs Eddie Brock around to , well, BE. I can see how here they are aiming to make Harry be Venom later on, though that shock ending was extremely forced (why would he keep the black goo that tried to kill his friends AND him?)

Becuase it punked Spider-man who, to Harry, his dad has a raging man crush on and completely ignores him.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#82 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

That and the family does have poor choices in decision making throughout their run in comic history icon-fire.gif
3DS Friend Code : 1633-4354-6578 Username: Daith Pokemon X - Trainer Name :Phil

#83 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

hug Destron

• Citizen
  • 22512 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I figured out why I've still got mixed feelings about this show

so I made this to express it clearly.
18+ returns in 2 weeks.

#84 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9523 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Well guys, it took five episodes, but I'm finally done. My optimism has run out. I'll check back some time to see if it's improved at all, which I highly doubt will happen.

#85 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 28409 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

I caught today's episode, and all I can say is that this Peter Parker comes off as the least smart of any Pete... ever. It's really annoying.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#86 Benbot

Benbot
  • Supporter
  • 2933 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Just watched April 8th's episode. Anyone catch the Cardassian Keldon class cameo? I'm not sure how they got away with that one.

#87 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8079 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Apr 20 2012, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I figured out why I've still got mixed feelings about this show

so I made this to express it clearly.

Well, he is voiced by Drake Bell. Who is doing a horrible job. You're not a good voice actor, Drake Bell.

It's a good thing I don't really mind just not watching the show and waiting for something better, or I'd be really frustrated to have to put up with his voice for the next five years.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#88 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 28409 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

I don't find his voice to be too bad. I find the things that voice has to say to be far worse.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#89 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8079 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

I guess for me it's a combination of both.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#90 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

hug Destron

• Citizen
  • 22512 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

and they just won me over.

not the best show ever ..but damn. HIGHLIGHT to view:
TASKMASTER!!!!!!!!
18+ returns in 2 weeks.

#91 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6552 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, I think this week's was the best episode yet. I'm still not what you'd call "won over", but the comedy was pretty well-balanced, the Malcom-in-the-Middle-esque "talking to the audience" bits were well time and amusingly self-aware this time (when everything stopped moving so he could explain why he was about to let the ball smack him in the face), and indeed, our guest villain. Voiced by Clancy Brown, no less, who has been absolutely all OVER the big boy's action cartoons this month.

#92 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 6208 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

I was gonna give it one more chance (cause what the hell, it wasn't costing me anything), but I got home from Botcon and found my DVR fit to burst, so the most recent episode was deleted sight unseen.

Ah, well. The chances of it changing my mind were slim, to say the least.

#93 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 6208 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

I was so happy when the Udon look went away. I mean, it's fine for any utterly generic ninja character. But that skull face, white cloak, and mishmash of other people's weapons is so wonderfully gaudy and cartoonish that getting rid of it is like a crime against comic-book sensibilities.

#94 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6552 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(Sean Whitmore @ May 1 2012, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was so happy when the Udon look went away. I mean, it's fine for any utterly generic ninja character. But that skull face, white cloak, and mishmash of other people's weapons is so wonderfully gaudy and cartoonish that getting rid of it is like a crime against comic-book sensibilities.

*brofist*

#95 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 12634 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

I really like Taskmaster, but I hate his costume. I loved the udon look simply because it wasn't so garish. The weapons are cool and all, but the colors and that cape just make him look stupid, IMO. Like he's trying too hard.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#96 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Well today was fun just to see Frog Thor in action icon-fire.gif
3DS Friend Code : 1633-4354-6578 Username: Daith Pokemon X - Trainer Name :Phil

#97 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 10521 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(Rhinox @ May 1 2012, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like Taskmaster, but I hate his costume. I loved the udon look simply because it wasn't so garish. The weapons are cool and all, but the colors and that cape just make him look stupid, IMO. Like he's trying too hard.

He's not trying too hard, he's just that wonderful.

#98 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 12634 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(NICKSTART @ May 20 2012, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Rhinox @ May 1 2012, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's not trying too hard, he's just that wonderful.

I prefer the simpler, more streamlined look.
The Udon look, to me, says crime boss whose more than just a paid thug. He's the guy who runs a school for villains, has realized a better way to get money out of the game then getting your ass constantly kicked by supers.
The original costume says 'look at me, I'm a walking target for any super in the area, come get me'.

I like my Taskmaster to look a bit more in control then that.

Edited by Rhinox, 20 May 2012 - 11:47 PM.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#99 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10756 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Who is Taskmaster? Never heard of him before. Must say, he was more fun then most villains on the show, but still suffered a quite stupidly annoying defeat at the end. That, and his costume looks silly, as if he tried to combine the Green Goblin, Dr. Doom and Grim Reaper look...

Hulk crossover was very, very bad. Has all the common flaws of handcam horror movies, as in "why would you keep shooting that instead of running for your life?" Ironman, ditto. Also, the original Living Laser had a more tragic backstory, and I was hoping they would try to help him instead of sending him into another dimension (the Superhero Squad one at that...)
Venom episode was, plain STUPID. Please explain to me why JJ Jameson and the whole city suddenly adores and idolizes a guy who has the same powers and costume as Spiderman, except for wearing black? Especially stupid reasoning for JJ whom we know WHY he hates superheroes so much (usually). Also, the "don't tell your best friend your secret identity" thing, I found it a very bad moral lesson... Harry went and told Pete right away he was the new hero, Peter easily could have done the same... Only good thing in this episode was Dragon Man, who had a cool design.

I am at the point now where I only watch this show with "one eye", IE not paying much attention. It's just... annoyingly stupid. And as someone here said, made for kids with ADHD...

QUOTE(Benbot @ Apr 23 2012, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just watched April 8th's episode. Anyone catch the Cardassian Keldon class cameo? I'm not sure how they got away with that one.

Wait, what... where?

QUOTE(Daith @ May 20 2012, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well today was fun just to see Frog Thor in action icon-fire.gif

Funny thing is, with the designs and the plot being so utterly similar to the movie, this felt like watching Thor the Movie, except somehow, Mr. Toad got the role instead of Helmsworth.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 08 June 2012 - 07:34 AM.

Boo-Sig.jpg

#100 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2429 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

Yeah, I started watching it pretty intently, but quickly figured out it's not aimed at 33 year old men. Don't like the team-up aspect (never watched Brave and the Bold either). I still watch, sans intent.
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users