#1 C16

C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6764 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

http://www.tfw2005.c...mputron-174537/

If they are doing one, I hope they scale down the figures to Deluxe size. I can accept that they did the Constructicons at Voyager size cause construction vehicles are bigger, but I really don't want to pass up a combiner because it'll be out of scale with my other 4 combiners.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23548 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Not my first choice, but probably a good choice since Hasbro seems mostly interested in either Earth vehicles lately, or WFC/FOC stuff if they go Cybetronian at all. I imagine these will be deluxes, or maybe one voyager with Scattorshot. Cool if it's a little more affordable than Hercules because of that, but I don't mind paying a good price for a good product that gets it right.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#3 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6847 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I went with Giant because of the scale issue.

I think Computron could be handled well at a smaller size and a better price. I'd like to see a voyager and four deluxes - sold similar to Giant.

The sketches look cool. The sketch of Nosecone with two drills looks like one of the drones from the old "Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad" combiner.
"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#4 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 6052 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Ooh, nostalgia button getting hit hard with this one. The Technobots were my only combiners as a kid*, so I have an inordinate amount of affection for them.

I also hope they're smaller than the Hercules guys, not so much for Computron's sake, but for the individual robots. They're brainiacs, not powerhouses.

*Actually I had the Seacons too, but hell with them.

#5 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31726 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(C16 @ Mar 5 2012, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are doing one, I hope they scale down the figures to Deluxe size. I can accept that they did the Constructicons at Voyager size cause construction vehicles are bigger, but I really don't want to pass up a combiner because it'll be out of scale with my other 4 combiners.

What 4 combiners will it be in scale with if they are deluxes?

#6 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6847 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(Axaday @ Mar 5 2012, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Devastator (Energon or Giant), Bruticus, Superion, and the rumored Menasor from Fans Project.
"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#7 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 6052 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm generally a scale nut, but I throw those concerns out the window when it comes to gestalts. They're just coming from too many different places, at least for me.

G1 - Piranacon
G1 + Crazy Devy add-ons - Predaking
Generations - Bruticus
Energon - Superion
TF Club - Devastator

And if Fans Project really does do a Menasor, that's yet another country heard from.

#8 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8155 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

If Nosecone comes with two drills, I sure hope they can replace his hands in some manner.

Also how did their Strafe end up with a worse looking alt-mode than the G1 toy?

Of course I won't make any real judgements until we see more than sketches, and I think I'll want this regardless of my issues with one of the alt-modes. I hope to see more!

#9 Cyoti

Cyoti
  • Citizen
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(C16 @ Mar 5 2012, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are going to continue with oversized individual limbs, they should have done Predaking instead.

#10 C16

C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6764 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Keep in mind I said my 4 other combiners. Who, by the time this thing comes out, would be FP Classics Superion, JRX, FP Colossus and MT Giant.

#11 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'd be happy if they did 4 Deluxes and one Voyager for Scattershot.

We do need 5 names for these guys. Something close, but not exactly the Hasbro name. I'll try a random spin through the thesaurus.

Afterburner - Nextjet
Lightspeed - Heavyclip
Nosecone - Snoutpoint
Strafe - Rake
Scattershot - Scrambleblast

#12 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4472 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I know I'm the only one who probably wants these, but can we finally get a release of the World War II PCC limb robots before we get this?
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#13 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 27435 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Eh, after Hercules, I reserve judgment until they're actually in plastic or resin. I'd love some new Technobots, but I kind of fear that TFC might go overboard on the modular stuff like seems to be happening a bit on Hercules. I like my figures to have minimal removable parts beyond weaponry.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#14 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17117 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Mar 5 2012, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love some new Technobots, but I kind of fear that TFC might go overboard on the modular stuff like seems to be happening a bit on Hercules. I like my figures to have minimal removable parts beyond weaponry.

Apart from the combiner fists, and depending where you stick the chest wing extensions, all of that modular stuff on Hercules is completely optional. They all transform completely fine with all the extra bits left in place.

#15 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 5159 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Computron was ALWAYS my favorite of the Scramble City bots! icon-ironhide.gif
SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone!

TWITTER: Paladin4221

#16 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky

• Citizen
  • 16375 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

I wonder if Nosecone has two drills so they can do a Twin Twist recolor.

#17 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31726 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(C16 @ Mar 5 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep in mind I said my 4 other combiners. Who, by the time this thing comes out, would be FP Classics Superion, JRX, FP Colossus and MT Giant.

I don't know who Colossus is.

I guess you just mean giants about the same height, right? The actual "scale" issues between JRX, Giant, and Classics Superion are kind of boggling. Fighter jets and bullet trains and construction vehicles are all really quite big. It's hard to know how big Strafe and Nosecone and Scattershot ought to be, but Afterburner and Lightspeed should be legends if you want them in scale with those others.

#18 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8155 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(Axaday @ Mar 5 2012, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(C16 @ Mar 5 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know who Colossus is.

I guess you just mean giants about the same height, right? The actual "scale" issues between JRX, Giant, and Classics Superion are kind of boggling. Fighter jets and bullet trains and construction vehicles are all really quite big. It's hard to know how big Strafe and Nosecone and Scattershot ought to be, but Afterburner and Lightspeed should be legends if you want them in scale with those others.

I don't think he's worried about vehicle mode scale, just robot mode scale, all the combiners are about the same size in that range, I think?

"Colossus" is the Fansproject enhanced Bruticus combiner.

#19 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'd bet it's 4 Deluxes and a Voyager body.

Edited by mignash, 05 March 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#20 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 31726 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Mar 5 2012, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Colossus" is the Fansproject enhanced Bruticus combiner.

Good grief, why do they need to make a name for the combiner that results from swapping out two of their toys in a combiner that Hasbro had already named?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users