11 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48582 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Airs March 3rd at 9:30 AM EST (New Time).

#2 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 2191 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

I am extremely ready for Flobsters.

Have there been any trailers for this episode? I haven't seen any online...
TFWiki.net - The Transformers Wiki: more comprehensive than Teletraan I, longer lasting than Teletraan II, not as violent as Teletraan 10.
Follow the Transformers Wiki on Twitter!

#3 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10731 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

If this is a success I hope we get a sequel "War of the Flobsters."

Maybe Cody could keep a Flobster as a pet and it could be like the show's wacky animal sidekick. They could do plush Flobster dolls. In the show he could have his own mini adventures. Build his own little Flobsterbot to take into battle. Soon he would get first billing, like "Slimer and the real Ghostbusters" but y'know with more Flobster.

He could get his own fandom of obssessed flying lobster fanboys: Flobbies.

-ZacWilliam, I may be getting caried away here... icon-arcee.gif
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#4 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10731 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

C'mon! Someone must have watched it!!! Comment already. I must know more of these Flobsters!

-ZacWilliam, like... um... ...were any of them blue...?
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#5 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 2191 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Man, Heatwave is such a grumpypants.

It's no wonder they made Doc Greene live on Griffin Rock. His inventions seem to endanger the general population on a daily basis. Last week, out-of-control solar car, this week, weaponized flobsters.
TFWiki.net - The Transformers Wiki: more comprehensive than Teletraan I, longer lasting than Teletraan II, not as violent as Teletraan 10.

#6 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 13055 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

"Kade, what are you filling my onboard tanks with?" "Drawn butter!"

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#7 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8527 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

"Well, at least it's not livestock this time." icon-fire.gif

This show is so fun.

#8 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8584 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(abates @ Mar 3 2012, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's no wonder they made Doc Greene live on Griffin Rock. His inventions seem to endanger the general population on a daily basis.

His inventions seem to endanger him on a daily basis. He's like the human equivalent of Wheeljack. icon-fire.gif

Also:

CODY: Everybody's afraid of something.
*Flobster balloon*
ME: Why not Zoidberg?

#9 Monzo

Monzo

The Weirdest Fan Experience

• Citizen
  • 2137 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

On the Hub website now!

http://www.hubworld....parade-season-1

#10 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 2191 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

Stuff I noticed from watching it on the Hub site:
I presume the statue of the fellow in pilgrim dress which Doc Greene clings to during his ride is the fellow Griffin Rock is named after, or at least the town founder. (I am going to call him Peter Griffin until they give him a name.)
Doc Greene's float has a hologram of a gentleman with mutton-chops. I'm not sure who that is. Is he a real historical figure? I'm assuming a physicist.
Shortly after the flobsters overrun the fair, Cody randomly chases a robot dog across the screen. Sparkplug (RB)? (I believe the storybook version of Sparkplug is organic.)
Mayor Luskey is not fooling anyone with that hairpiece.

#11 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17219 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(abates @ Mar 15 2012, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stuff I noticed from watching it on the Hub site:
I presume the statue of the fellow in pilgrim dress which Doc Greene clings to during his ride is the fellow Griffin Rock is named after, or at least the town founder. (I am going to call him Peter Griffin until they give him a name.)
Doc Greene's float has a hologram of a gentleman with mutton-chops. I'm not sure who that is. Is he a real historical figure? I'm assuming a physicist.
Shortly after the flobsters overrun the fair, Cody randomly chases a robot dog across the screen. Sparkplug (RB)? (I believe the storybook version of Sparkplug is organic.)
Mayor Luskey is not fooling anyone with that hairpiece.

Given what we're seeing, I'm starting to piece together a history for the city.

My guess is that Griffin Rock was settled by some of the earliest European settlers to North America; the area offered a large quantity of timber and fresh seafood (hence the "lobster" part of the festival), and given the geological activity beneath the island the soil was probably good for farming. In time, a series of bridges was officially built along the mountains on one side of the island, thereby linking it to the mainland.

Some time during the early 1900s, Griffin Rock appears to have been made the headquarters for either a college with a strong research arm or a rather well-funded laboratory. This, coupled with the volcanic nature of the island, was likely why Mount Magma was relocated there in 1939.

In time, the R&D industry began outstripping the commercial fishing and commercial logging industries as Griffin Rock's main source of income; we know that some sort of logging industry existed because of the story behind Blades' hoist mechanism. Past a certain point, the island likely became so strongly associated with R&D that the government started moving in behind-the-scenes; the island had a sufficiently educated population to make it worthwhile as a giant research center in order to produce new weapons and equipment for the Cold War (hence the bunker - it was a military command center from which to oversee everything), but its status as an island meant that in a worst-case scenario the damage could largely be contained. By the time the series takes place, the government has such a choke-hold on the real workings of the island that they were able to convince the Burns family to take the Rescue Bots on as partners; Chief Burns is probably their main point of contact, and may well be ex-military himself.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#12 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14556 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(Monzo @ Mar 11 2012, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder if they just didn't bother to put anything saying Canadians can't watch, or if the Hub logo is supposed to keep spinning for that long...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users