Photo
- - - - -

For those that missed out on the Starscream Skystriker...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 12520 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Via Hisstank: Cobrastickers is putting the finishing touches on their replica sticker sheet so you can make your own Star-striker (as well as Thundercracker and Skywarp if you want to paint).

I bought a spare Skystriker expressly for this purpose (and because Amazon had them on sale for 13 bucks). Even at full price though, it's still cheaper than the official version and if you don't care about getting the Cobra Commander or mini-Megs this is a great option.

I don't know if this is the same folks at Reprolabels (they're both Canadian anyway), but I've bought numerous sets from Cobra Stickers and they are very high quality.

*I thought this was ok for this forum, but if it needs to move to Bot Talk, or General - thy will be done.

**Edit: Ok, looking more closely I just realized they have only made an "add-on" set for the Starscream Skystriker, not an actual replica set. They do have one for Thundercracker, but that's it for now. Sorry for the false alarm.

Edited by Dake, 04 March 2012 - 04:34 PM.

Back to basics

#2 Betty Nor

Betty Nor

Das Feuer liebt mich

• Citizen
  • 6241 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Honestly, I'd just like a sticker sheet for Starscream Skystriker that is actually intended/capable of fitting properly on the toy. I still haven't even bothered opening mine yet after hearing how crappy the stock decals turned out.

I'll wait until someone gets it right.

#3 tec

tec

Myastur Mispellur

• Citizen
  • 14255 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

I like the Thundercracker set I think I will order that set

Ilove the Skystriker I wish G1 TFs got a F-14...though we did get Jetfire...the ultmate Tomcat icon-fire.gif
School Scramble

#4 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 16614 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(tec @ Mar 4 2012, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the Thundercracker set I think I will order that set

Ilove the Skystriker I wish G1 TFs got a F-14...though we did get Jetfire...the ultmate Tomcat icon-fire.gif

That's part of the reason why, back when we were still doing the Q&As, I'd always ask about real-life military markings on TFs: the Macross Veritech color scheme is a lawyer-friendly rendition of the markings for the Jolly Rogers (a now-defunct US Navy fighter squadron), and so if Hasbro could get permission to use the real-world markings then Harmony Gold wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users