#1 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

Savior of the Digital World

• Citizen
  • 13936 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Link

Melinda Drabek-Chritton and Chad Chritton face child abuse charges for starving their 15-year old daughter, who they kept locked in the basement.

The girl told investigators that the abuse began when she was ten. The family locked her in the basement, where Drabek-Chritton, who is the girl's stepmother, would beat her. The girl, now 15, weighed 70 pounds when she escaped her abusers.

In addition to being starved in the basement, the girl told police that she was deprived of a bathroom, so she would take showers using the sink and went to the bathroom "in boxes or containers." If things got messy, the girl told investigators, "they will make me eat it. Or drink it or rub it on my face."

The girl told investigators that she could hear the family getting ready for its day every morning, according to the Associated Press, but they would ignore her when she begged for food. She mostly ate scraps from the floor or in the garbage, she told investigators.

The Chrittons did not allow her to go to school or church. On occasions where she ran away, they would bring her home and threaten her.

Chad Chritton, her father, weighs 240 pounds while her stepmother Melinda Drabek-Chritton tips the scales at 370, according to police.

The girl escaped the house on February 6, after being threatened by Drabek-Chritton. The girl's stepmother threatened to throw her down the stairs. The girl ran out the door "barefoot and lightly dressed," and was discovered by a motorist.

The girl's stepbrother, Josh Drabek, has also been charged for abusing the girl. Josh Drabek allegedly began sexually assaulting her when she was ten. He would force her to perform oral sex on him.

Attorney Thomas J. McClure, representing the girl's parents, insists his clients are "good people" who have been "unfairly characterized by an incomplete investigation," according to WKOW.

In court today, the Wisconsin couple asked to have their bail lowered because neither parent is a flight risk.

We'll keep you up to date on events as they unfold.

You know the worst thing about this? They didn't seem to have any real motive. It just sounds like they did this for jives and giggles.

Monsters.
Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#2 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7438 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

This is wholly despicable.

I'm now sickened by this.

If you'll excuse me, I'm about to drive two states over and have a very violent talk with some chubby scumbags.

#3 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54864 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Sadly, they will be treated better in prison than they treated their daughter.

These people need to die.

#4 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

It's an unsettling thought, knowing that while I go about my day, watching TV, posting on forums, eating lunch... somewhere, there's a kid that's locked in a basement, being beaten, starved and tormented like a bad Eli Roth movie.

And not just the parents need to suffer for this, but the brother that raped her, too. They neglected to mention his age, but I HOPE he isn't a minor. He shouldn't get off easy.

#5 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46015 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

These are the kinds of people who should be in prison for 75 years.

#6 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 15580 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Wtf though, really? Poor girl. Hope the jury/judge have an ouce of sense.

#7 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 9810 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Or the family has sudden, unanimous heart attacks.

#8 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 5701 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Mar 2 2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. They should just be killed.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#9 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45098 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

This is why I DON'T support the death penalty. I believe people like this should be made to suffer, not take the easy way out.
15074404435_f4099735b8.jpg

#10 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8303 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I don't even know what to say to this.

I hope those fat bastards meet, slow, excruciating deaths.

EDIT: After a long, terrible, horrible stay in jail, of course.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 02 March 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#11 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7438 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(ultra magnus13 @ Mar 2 2012, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(MrBlud @ Mar 2 2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. They should just be killed.

No, cuz then they don't learn anything.

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Mar 2 2012, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is why I DON'T support the death penalty. I believe people like this should be made to suffer, not take the easy way out.

Yes. This. Those are my thoughts on the death penalty exactly.

#12 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34485 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

How utterly horrible. I hope the daughter so callously and casually abused is able to find the help she needs and a loving home.

As for her "Family", I hope they get the book thrown at them and enjoy a nice 8x8 cell for a long time to come.
 photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#13 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7438 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Mar 2 2012, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for her "Family", I hope they get the book thrown at them and enjoy a nice 8x8 cell for a long time to come.

It's funny because they're fat and that will be far too small.

#14 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17494 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Mar 2 2012, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to spin off the topic into a Death Penalty debate - but this kind of case is exactly why I *do* support the Death Penalty. These kind of people should be exterminated like the vicious beasts they are.

Torturing them may have poetic justice, but it serves no purpose other than revenge. Putting them down removes them from the gene pool quickly, permanently and humanely. If we put down dogs that bite, we should put down monsters like this, and have no regrets.

#15 Glenn

Glenn

I have CDO. It's like OCD but in order, as it should be.

• Citizen
  • 5706 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I agree with Fwiffo.

#16 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45098 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'm not concerned with anything being poetic I simply believe in either punishment or rehabilitation, depending on the crime. Granted, rehabilittaion in the current US prison system is a joke but these people deserve punishment.

There's a documentary on Netflix about solitary confinement prisons. They're kinda inhumane as they drive people totally nuts. I think these bastards deserve to walk into a cell and see the groove worn into the cement floor by the last inmate's pacing.
15074404435_f4099735b8.jpg

#17 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9523 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Mar 2 2012, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. The punishment should fit the crime.

#18 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9348 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Sterilizing them would remove them from the gene pool just as effectively, without the rest of us being tainted by a government conducting murder on our behalf. But even that would be a questionable act under most current laws, and not only because these two are pretty unlikely to ever breed again, anyway. Though I'm no geneticist, I'd guess that it would take a ridiculously long time for that kind of weeding of the gene pool to have any discernible impact on the behaviour of people, assuming it ever did at all. We'll never be completely free of violence and sadism, and there's more than a few genes at work behind that.

It's hard to say much about this yet, aside from the fact it's completely sickening. The article says the couple had no reason whatsoever, but I'd find that baffling. It will be a sick and demented reason, no doubt, but there must have been something. Nobody just wakes up one day and says to themselves, "gee, I think I'll lock my 10 year-old daughter in the basement from now on so that I, my wife, and step-son can spend the rest of our lives abusing her." And even if someone just did snap one day and come up with something like that, the odds of the rest of their household just going along with it are astronomical. These three must be truly sick and depraved people.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 02 March 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#19 CORVUS

CORVUS

Yeah, shut up, kid!

• Supporter
  • 28621 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

There's not a hole deep enough.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#20 Ironbite

Ironbite

Trust the Fizzy Fisherman

• Citizen
  • 16281 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Oh there is. It's called the Center of the Earth.

Ironbite-though adding these sick hugs to the molten core of the Earth might be a bad thing.

Welcome back exploding 'raptor.

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 3 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you so intent upon trying to damn everyone that you are willing to use material you know full well to be wrong?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users