Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Prime, Cyberverse, Bot Shots, Rescue Bots, Kreo, etc.: What are you buying?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12769 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

I feel like the most recent offerings are pretty strong compared to their predecessors (Rescue Bots vs Go-Bots, Anything vs RPMs, Kreo vs Built To Rule, Cyberverse vs Legends), but I find myself gravitating toward some more than others. With all the different lines and spin-off lines, what are you guys buying and what are you not buying?

For me...

Prime: Almost no interest. The show never drew me in like Animated did.

Cyberverse: Not much interest for the same reason. But I am tempted, since I like the 'transforming base/vehicle/ship/etc.' play pattern.

Bot Shots: I like these a lot. Bought two so far, and planning on buying all the G1-based ones. They're just fun and they look cool, and who doesn't like transforming SD G1 toys? The price is great, too.

Rescue Bots: I'm hooked. Like bot shots, they're simple fun. Plus the pieces are big enough that a little kid isn't going to choke on it, if you have really young kids.

Kreo: No interest. I recognize they look good, and the Kreons are cool, but for me, a Transformer is most fun when it transforms, otherwise it's just a plain old robot.
(,>.<, ) ....******

#2 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Prime:
Mostly trying for the Takara versions for right now due to minicons...Plus i love the designs.

Kre-O!
Everything basically...I just finished buying the first group ( minus the big bee but i am not wasting 25$ on that thing )

Bot-shots:
I am tempted but i dont want to take the dive just yet. I will be buying mirage though.

Rescue-bots- Yes i will be at some point but more for my son. I should go pick one up next time i am out.

cyberverse:
Um unless they make a character i really like, then no.

#3 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3026 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Was just thinking of making a thread like this.

Anyway, for me...

Prime: 1 of each of the main characters, namely the "best" version of each character. And that's it.

Generations (or whatever it's going to be called): I needs me my Bruticus.

Everything else: 0 interest. I'm already spending enough damn money on the First Editions. icon-megs.gif
There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#4 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 2374 posts
  • Location:Hasbro Studios, or at least, my spirit lives on there
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Prime: HORRIBLE innacurate and ugly toys. Shame considering the show looks good visual wise.

Cyberverse: Better than the Prime toys, that is both sad and awesome.

Bot Shots: Love them. Neat little things. Adorable.

Rescue Bots: Ugly and weak. I thought Animated was supposed to be dead? Atleast they admit it's for toddlers this time. Do not want.

Kreo: Cool. Can't wait for Devastator.

#5 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 2833 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Prime: Well, I was going to eschew the main line but... uh... obviously that's not happening. Deluxes and voyagers. The leader/powerizer figures are maybes, if they're good enough.

On a related note, anyone want to buy some excess figures? Heh...

Cyberverse: Commanders for sure. I have been very impressed with the commander size figures so far.

Bot-Shots: No. Maybe. I'm afraid if I get them they'll be like popcorn and I'll suddenly find myself buying all of them.

Rescue Bots: No

Kre-O: I bought the small Optimus Prime and that's it. They don't really do it for me.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 29 February 2012 - 04:39 PM.

--The Doctor Who

I am The PoeT
Follow my Journey

#6 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(TheOptimusPrime @ Feb 29 2012, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prime: HORRIBLE innacurate and ugly toys. Shame considering the show looks good visual wise.

FE Prime is a gorgeous toy, and is about as close as you can get without cheating things like the rounded forearms Prime sports on the show.

#7 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3026 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(TheOptimusPrime @ Feb 29 2012, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So... apparently you have none of the FE.
There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#8 Galaxy Magnus

Galaxy Magnus

Uchikata Hajime

• Citizen
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Prime toys only and only if FE Prime Optimus and Bulkhead reach the USA and maybe Megatron.

#9 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 2374 posts
  • Location:Hasbro Studios, or at least, my spirit lives on there
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(^0^CORVUS^o^ @ Feb 29 2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(TheOptimusPrime @ Feb 29 2012, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FE Prime is a gorgeous toy, and is about as close as you can get without cheating things like the rounded forearms Prime sports on the show.

I meant RiD Prime. The FEs are nice. Only RiD I like is Wheeljack.

#10 Adam16bit

Adam16bit

I Like Toys

• Citizen
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

I've decided to limit myself only to the Bot Shots that I can get my hands on, just to reign myself in.

#11 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(TheOptimusPrime @ Feb 29 2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I meant RiD Prime. The FEs are nice. Only RiD I like is Wheeljack.

Makes more sense. Thanks icon-hotrod.gif

#12 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41398 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

None. Only brought two Transformers toys this year - Generations Sky Shadow and MyClone Ramjet.

#13 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1174 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Prime: So far I've bought all the RID Deluxe and Voyager toys and I dig them. FEs may be more show-accurate, but RIDs are fun toys. (The Powerizer gimmick is terrible, admittedly.)

Cyberverse: Haven't gotten any of the Prime ones yet. I bought some of the DOTM stuff, and was looking forward to it for Prime, but I'm not that interested in the vehicles, and some of the choices (like Soundwave being a redeco and Breakdown being a Legion) seem off to me. I haven't ruled them out yet, though.

Bot Shots: None yet. I'll probably get Jetfire and Lockdown when they come out, because I like those guys.

Rescue Bots: Cute, but squarely in the "I don't have the room or the money for all this stuff" category.

KREO: No interest to speak of. I like Lego in theory, but in practice I don't get much out of it, and building partsformers out of bricks just isn't my thing.

Generations: I like WFC/FOC designs in general, but I might pass on these, just to keep from going overboard.

#14 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 11357 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Third party stuff and some stuff I missed. Might pick up FOC Shockwave.

Not much else.

Phazer

#15 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 1395 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Prime: As usual, only planning on getting the characters that I like on the show (and so far that's only Arcee, Ratchet, Starscream, Soundwave, and Megatron). Maybe Hot Shot too, since I guess he's the Aligned version of Rodimus now?

Cyberverse: Not really interested, unless there are more G1 Legends in the pipeline.

Rescue Bots: I'm liking the show so far, but don't really feel a need to own any of the toys right now.

Bot Shots & Kreo: No interest unless either line has a Rodimus figure.

Generations: Looking forward to Bruticus and Shockwave.

My local no-kill shelter is in real trouble, story is HERE :(

If anyone can donate (click the logo below) or just share this story with everyone they know, I'd really appreciate it.

BTiENxT.png

#16 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17358 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'm only getting Prime stuff.

And not much of it since HASBRO DOESNT SEEM TO WANT MY MONEY.

#17 Matthias Phage

Matthias Phage
  • Retired Staff
  • 8854 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Prime: Probably nothing bigger than a deluxe, and then it's only going to be ones that really grab me. I'm currently looking for Wheeljack.

Cyberverse: I'm considering going completionist on the Commanders - I haven't seen any that I haven't liked so far. A few of the Legions if they have extremely good points. (Cliffjumper's articulation and Arcee's transformation respectively)

Rescue Bots: They made a big, bulky, green construction guy. This is my one weakness in these kinds of toylines. Boulder will be mine.

KRE-O: Zero interest.

Bot Shots: Just looking for a good jumping on point, love that Lockdown from future waves we've seen.

#18 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 7969 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

A big old pile of nuttin'.

Which is fine by me.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#19 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6359 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

With Prime, I'll be picking up the original-mould deluxes and Voyagers. I can't see myself bothering with the leaders.

On Cyberverse, I found that DOTM really legitimized these for me - no longer just "tiny versions of some characters that have bigger toys just because", the bases and vehicles have turned them into a whole unique play pattern of their own. However, as far as I'm concerned, the UK RRPs are absolute highway robbery, and I won't be buying any until they come down.

Rescue Bots - I've bought Boulder and Blades, and love 'em, but I don't plan to get any more. It was just those two I liked the look of.

Kre-O, I've bought a few and it's cool, but again, I don't see myself going whole hog on the line, probably won't get any more.

Bot Shots aren't for me. Nice looking, fun things, but I think my lack of space for stuff has moved me into a mindset that excludes merchandise like this.

#20 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Oh, jive...!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8362 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Prime: Yeah, I'll be getting this. I really enjoy the show, and while the current toys aren't the FE stuff, it's not like I have a lot of choice.

Rescue Bots: Absolutely. LOVE being able to watch the cartoon with my boys and play with the toys afterwards. They're a lot of fun.

Kre-O: Tried some for my oldest, but he doesn't seem really overly thrilled with them aside from putting them together. Once they're together, he just kind of forgets about them.

Generations: All the FoC stuff looks fantastic, and I'm anxious to get it. Also curious as to what be coming after that.

Cyberverse: Nothing for me, but if my oldest sees something he likes...

Bot Shots: Looks like a fun little game that should be easy to play with both my boys. Most likely I'll get a few to see how it goes.

This is all under the assumption local stores carry any of this stuff rather than the useless movie crap currently clogging the pegs, of course. icon-kicker.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users