9 replies to this topic

#1 Cat

Cat

Potato

• News and Content
  • 8835 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Artwork still looks great compared to Chaos. I wonder how it'll look in the print edition?

Optimus has a funny looking dramatic karate chop pose in one panel. His talk with Megatron doesn't seem quite right to me, compared to how things played out in Ongoing 22 and 23, but I guess that can be hand waved by Optimus' punishment.

Things get very overly dramatic, and the Autobots are shown in some pretty silly over the top action poses. Kinda fun, I guess. It's like the Autobot version of '300'.

Sky Lynx actually looks kinda cool. Well done, Livio.

The ending is... well, it's Metzen, that's for sure. I'm still muddied with the Primes, but that's my fault at this stage.

And am I the only one wondering if getting 'Ener-jacked in Slam' is the Cynertronian version of dropping the soap in the prison shower?

Edited by Cat, 29 February 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#2 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5940 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

I kind of liked the twist at the end. We don't know if he's a Decepticon sympathizer or whether Zeta's really setting Orion up this time, and in my mind I could be happy with either possibility. The idea that some bots in this might not be on the side you traditionally expect them to is an interesting thought.

#3 Gridlock

Gridlock
  • Citizen
  • 144 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Can't get into it. The art is ok, but the story doesn't interest me. Personaly, when I first heard about Autocracy, I thought its going to be set long before M:O for some reason. Would like it better that way.

Right now I'm only interested if they're going to show how Optimus was forced into being Prime, and that it was Hot Rod who was really chosen by the Matrix.

#4 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5940 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

I kind of liked the portrayal of Hot Rod in issue 5. It provides some decent backstory as to why he launched the Lost Light.

#5 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22779 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(Rosicrucian @ Mar 22 2012, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kind of liked the portrayal of Hot Rod in issue 5. It provides some decent backstory as to why he launched the Lost Light.

Also we see why Hound joined him.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#6 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41503 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Megatron and the Decepticons were good in #7. #8 can't come quick enough.
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#7 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5940 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

It was a decentish issue, but man alive Orion's pep talk to Rodimus at the end was practically a Stan Bush song.

#8 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10341 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

I loved how Megatron is being perfectly reasonable with Orion, and would have let them go after their talk, but no, Ironhide and Orion have to bust it and kill some Cons and make a dashing escape with BB...

Really, the whole thing could be playing in the SG universe so far. Or Bayformers. Because watching this Orion I fully expect him to say "Let's kill them all!" at some point.

Boo-Sig.jpg

#9 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41503 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

I liked how Orion Pax became Optimus Prime. Same as how Megatron became Galvatron in the animated movie.
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#10 Real Money

Real Money
  • Citizen
  • 577 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

This series is a disappointment.

Both ongoings are fantastic serieses, with a new take on the tired Transformers formula.

This is an awful hash which ignores a lot of the interesting sounding hints from the regular Transformers comic.

For example:
- The matrix was supposed to "hurt" OP.
- OP was clearly hinted as being rebuilt by someone who had a vested interest in him being a future leader (not someone who was trying to extract the pity from his spark)

The untold story in the ongoing / etc was far more interesting than the actual story.

Also; The art getting boring. It shines in small doses, but as a complete on going? Not really. At times it is sublime like a Geoff Senior work, at other times it feels like Rob Ruffolo is filling in.
Sent from my iPad

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users