976 replies to this topic

#41 Onyx

Onyx

Quintesson Hunter

• Supporter
  • 4373 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Story haters? Not seen any of those yet. Ending haters? Yeah, tons of them, myself included. I mean, those 3 ending are giving to you by the leader of the Reapers! Why would any of those options be good for Shepard? They mean his death, destruction of Mass Relays and just really kill any replay value, because nothing you did mattered!

As it stands, the run to the beam looks like it should be the worst case scenario. As in you failed to save Jack, Miranda, and Samara. Failed to get Aria her army of Blue Suns, Blood Pack, and Eclipse. Failed to cure the Krogen, failed to free and unite the Geth and Quarians, so on and so forth. Let to make that run towards the beam with less then what you could have actually had. If you saved everyone, if you got the help of all of the races and have max everything. The run towards the beam should play out much better for you, as you have you're 3 Biotics, plus Asari commandos, Eclipse commandos, Jake's students and more supplying barriers to protect the troops against Harbingers death ray attacks.

Everyone reach the beam, your forces set us a perimeter around it and then you pick your team again, as well as a secondary unit of your squad mates to go with you up the beam to the Citadel. With it being more then Shepard and Anderson now, a few more missions open up as you now go from floor to floor. Each floor having a ME2 Squad mate with some troops (Alliance, C-Sec, Mercenaries) pinned down and needing saved.

Zaeed at the holding area, with a band of Mercs and C-Sec.
Jacob in the Hospital with Thane's son and some Alliance fighters.
Kasumi in the Commons with C-Sec and Civilian fighters.
Aria in Purgatory with the leaders of Blue Suns, Blood Pack and Eclipse.
Commander Bailey with C-Sec and Specters protecting the Council.

After clearing those levels, you find the research scientist that was studying the Keeper among the survivors. He tells Shepard of something his noticed about the Keepers over the past few days, and leads the squad to a open panel. Showing a passage way that the Keepers went into that leads to the control panel room that can open the Citadel and activates the weapon. Que confrontation with the Illusive Man, shoot him, or get him to shoot himself. Walk up to the control panel, Harbinger's little hologram image comes up and pretty much replaces the god child. (Since if you listen to the god child's voice, you can hear Harbingers voice behind him) He'll give Shepard the same three options, however with your squad alive, Tali and Edi can suggest two more. Tali had a copy of Legions rewriting virus that they can reprogram to work on Reapers. Option one, Paragon, rewrite and control. Sending them back into Dark Space never to return. Option two, Renegade, shut the Reapers down or activate their self destruct sequences. Both endings has Shepard and his crew survive. Shepard and his/her LI embrace as Joker takes the Normandy in close to pick them up.

Follow this up with some cut-scenes, showing each planet as they rebuild. Citadel returned to it's rightful place, show it's survivors, Council former squad mates and NPCs you've helped throughout the game there. See Wrex and Eve holding their child, the Geth and Quarians rebuilding their home world together (if the Geth survived) then see Garrus and Tali standing in front of their new home. (if the player didn't romance either of them) So on and so forth with everyone else, until finally you get a cut-scene with Shepard and his/her LI, months later with their own child.

#42 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34996 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

I finally beat it last night. Like everyone else, I'm really disapointed in the ending, as I really didn't like that whatever I did, I would die and the Mass Relays would be destroyed, thus severing everyone from each other.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#43 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32086 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Not severing. It just makes space travel like the Honorverse--slow, like the Age of Sail.

#44 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32086 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Total Biscuit @ Mar 11 2012, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Mar 10 2012, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Mar 10 2012, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Mar 11 2012, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Wow. That was an incredible ride. In the end, I chose Control. There is absolutely nothing to contradict my idea that Shepard has now ascended. In fact, it seems to be implied--after all, if she's gone, who's controlling them?

She has the Reapers and their tech. She can rebuild the relays, find the Normandy (it still has a QEC, after all), build herself a new body. Shepard is the galaxy's protector. I'm satisfied.

Even before Shepard rebuilds the Relays, galactic civilization can exist. I'll just have much longer travel times, like the Honorverse and similar settings!

Shepard can link to the Normandy via the QEC. Between EDI and her new databases and processing power, she can figure out where they are and send a Reaper for pickup. The Reapers--or their creators--built the relays once. They can do it again. It'll take some time, the network expanding slowly at first but then faster as relays are constructed. Shepard will build herself a new (mostly) organic platform and go off and have those little blue children. It all works.

Sounds like you had to jump through some mental hoops to justify that.

No hoops whatsoever. It's a direct extrapolation.

Except for the Catalyst explicitly stating Shepard will die, and lose everything they were.

...I don't remember that line.

But, fine, yeah, I'm headcanoning. It works for me, and it salvages the end for something I love so much. I'm okay with that.

#45 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34489 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, I might not be at the end of the game but the destruction of the Mass Relays doesn't surprise me in the least. Indeed, it's a logical conclusion of the reveal from the first game that the Mass Relays were Reaper constructs.

If life in the universe really is going to break the cycle of the Reapers, then logically everything associated with the Reapers needs to be abandoned. And besides, after a galactic war against literal harbingers of death and destruction, a little "down time" for every planet to find itself and breathe without pressure of the galactic community isn't a bad thing.

Specifically, I think a period of isolation would be exactly what the Rachni and Krogan especially need. The Rachni to rebuild in peace, and the Krogan to discover who they really are without the outside ideas of the galactic community.

Edited by Rust, 11 March 2012 - 11:56 AM.

photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#46 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32086 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Though, the destruction of the relays may not have destroyed the Extranet buoys. They definitely didn't explode like the one in Arrival, or everyone would be dead. icon-fire.gif

#47 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34489 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Mar 11 2012, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though, the destruction of the relays may not have destroyed the Extranet buoys.

Yeah, but the Reapers played merry havoc with the lines of communications as a whole. A handful of Extranet connections and a scattering of QECs isn't going to really effect the galaxy as a whole.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#48 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32086 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Another thought. Harvesters. Big cyborg dragons, made from the big dragons that dropped off Klixen in ME2. There's something about them. Namely, every other Reaper minion is made from one (or two, in the case of the Brutes) sapient species.

Doesn't that imply that those dragon-things are sapient?

#49 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34489 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Mar 11 2012, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another thought. Harvesters. Big cyborg dragons, made from the big dragons that dropped off Klixen in ME2. There's something about them. Namely, every other Reaper minion is made from one (or two, in the case of the Brutes) sapient species.

Doesn't that imply that those dragon-things are sapient?

Don't forget one of them laid an egg, it hatched, and then James Vega trained it to let him fly it. icon-fire.gif

#50 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32086 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I was entirely unaware of that!

#51 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34489 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

It's a side conversation Vega and Garrus have down in the Crew Quarters. They're trying to one up each other with stories (that don't involve Shepard).

I loved Garrus' response.

"Does the Alliance teach you to make up crap like that or did you learn it yourself?"

"It's a Gift."

#52 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32086 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Heee. I love the various conversations the crew has, like Garrus and Joker's racist joke-off.

My favorite crew bit has to be Garrus and Tali hooking up, though.

#53 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34489 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Mar 11 2012, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heee. I love the various conversations the crew has, like Garrus and Joker's racist joke-off.

The Racist Joke Off is one of the greatest things ever, especially the last joke. It's second only to EDI and Joker playing "Hot or Not".

EDIT: Also Donnelly and Gabby when they're installing the new upgrades to the Normandy.

*Donnelly, crawling through a pipe*

"Wait, the Normandy's EDI's body, isn't it?"
"Stop right there Kenneth!"
"Just don't tell Joker. He'll get jealous."

Edited by Rust, 11 March 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#54 Hecate

Hecate

Kids can be cruel, Jack.

• Citizen
  • 27187 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Apparently you can improve the ending by getting extra readiness points from multiplayer.

That's kind of horrible, though, because it's been singleplayer the first two games, why punish loners now?

99% of people fail to understand statistics. If you're one of the 23% who do, copy and paste this into your sig!

#55 DemiSetz X

DemiSetz X
  • Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm solo-ing MP, it's a slow, arduous process, but it feels right to get there all by myself. It seems you get 1% readiness per sector per wave you survive... I might eventually manage to get enough points to pull it off... If I could ever survive more than 2 1/2 waves solo. I loathe MP completely, I'm a lone wolf in every game I play.

#56 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34489 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Oddly enough, I've kinda got addicted to multiplayer. If you get a good group it helps a lot. I teamed with a pretty solid group this morning - nobody raging because someone died or anything, just four ME fans having fun together and complaining about how Cerberus are harder then the Reapers. Turret Spamming Engineer bastiches!

My Galactic Readiness state after maybe three hours of MP stands in the mid-to-upper 80s. I was surprised at how fast it can go to 100%.

#57 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32086 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

I find the Reapers harder than Cerberus.

#58 JRSBill

JRSBill

Bow Ties are Cool

• Supporter
  • 1180 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

You just need to max the green readiness bar to get the best ending. It maxes out at 5000. I've been doing every side mission I can and am up to the Horizon mission. My bar is currently over 5200.

The percentage Galaxy at War map doesn't make the ending any better.

#59 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34996 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(JRSBill @ Mar 12 2012, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You just need to max the green readiness bar to get the best ending. It maxes out at 5000. I've been doing every side mission I can and am up to the Horizon mission. My bar is currently over 5200.

The percentage Galaxy at War map doesn't make the ending any better.

What is it there for then?

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#60 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32086 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Destroy ending: HIGHLIGHT to view:
Shepard survives

Edited by Esser-Z, 12 March 2012 - 10:24 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users