Photo

Mass Effect 3 Thread

976 replies to this topic

#341 Frost181

Frost181

Now with full body armor and rocket launchers.

• Citizen
  • 3912 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

the entire conversation at the end of the mission when hunting through the artifacts is a lot more direct when you bring Javik. basically points out how "Athane" and her servants were Protheans uplifting the Asari. Liara gets pissed.

#342 Murry

Murry

Too insane to care.

• Retired Staff
  • 6895 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

I only ever took Garrus and Javik with me on that one. Garrus pretty much drives at it until its clear that Liara just doesn't want to hear it anymore. Javik i think she actually threatens to kill.

I dunno. I just never could get to liking him really. hes okay. But much like Vega if i never got him in my party i would have not been worse off for it.

#343 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 2681 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE(Rust @ Apr 14 2012, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Shadowsabre @ Apr 14 2012, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Javik is a nice character, but honestly, having a living prothean around just seems.. wrong. Not enough people freaking out. I mean, the hanar is meeting his god and barely even raises his voice. Particle Rifle is nice, though.

The end of galactic civilization is at hand.

"Oh hey look, a Prothean." is small potatoes compared to City Sized Death Machines Falling From The Sky.

Major Kirrahe's reaction helps explain it as much as anything.

Bring Javik to talk to him, he assumes that Shepard had someone gene mod a turian or a drell to be a prothean ghost against the Reapers. Little bit of headgames. He approves.

He's a little more skeptical when Javik says he's an legitimate Prothean.

Also? Javik's got at least 2 planned fates going into endgame. Maybe more. Guessing you told him to check out the shard?

#344 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20251 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

To be fair, in a society with the kind of technology they do, faking a Prothean is pretty plausible.

#345 Sarcastrophe

Sarcastrophe

Not like the others who get all the fame

• Citizen
  • 254 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Eh, fair enough. I suppose nobody really even knows what a prothean looks like at this point either. Might think he's just some weird new species running from the reapers.

Once I get past being rankled by his very existence, he's not so bad. Good sense of biting sarcasm. I didn't tell him to activate the memory shard. Got to live a long, healthy life helping Liara write a probably-wildly-inaccurate book. Poor guy.
Gameplay-wise, I didn't think he was that bad, but honestly I rarely varied my party from Garrus/Liara. Comparing him to Vega, though, Murry? That's just cruel. Nobody is as worthless as Vega.

#346 Frost181

Frost181

• Citizen
  • 3912 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Vega actually had pretty good survivability on insanity. worked well with EDI.

#347 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 2681 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(Waspinator @ Apr 15 2012, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair, in a society with the kind of technology they do, faking a Prothean is pretty plausible.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if the salarians haven't, at one time or other.

They can revive an extinct species of murder-dinosaurs from a single skull and get them mass produced in a matter of months at most.

I'm pretty sure the salarian national anthem is "FOOLS! I'LL SHOW THEM ALL!"

#348 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34840 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(chiasaur11 @ Apr 15 2012, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure the salarian national anthem is "FOOLS! I'LL SHOW THEM ALL!"

No no no. The Salarian National Anthem is obviously this.
 photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#349 Sarcastrophe

Sarcastrophe

• Citizen
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Just an FYI, the delayed Operation Raptor packs should be available now.

#350 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Retired Staff
  • 8994 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Lookie what showed up today!

Edited by Strafe, 16 April 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#351 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

I dream of a 1/18th scaled ME line. icon-screamer.gif

#352 Sarcastrophe

Sarcastrophe

• Citizen
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

A 1/18th scale ME line would be basically the best thing ever. I'd buy tons.

Strafe, how are the figs? I keep meaning to order them, but.. $17.99 a pop is quite a bit to put down for an out-of-work college student. Especially when I know I can't buy just one.

#353 Strafe

Strafe

• Retired Staff
  • 8994 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

The sculpts are fantastic. The articulation varies from crappy to totally miserable, worse than most other DC Direct toys.

I love Garrus and Mordin, though. Miranda isn't bad, though you can tell they spent entirely too much time sculpting her ass. So, her face isn't as accurate as it should be. The multiplayer DLC codes they came with didn't contain anything special. Some missiles, medi-gel, a few silver grade weapons.

It sounds like you may not want to sodomize your wallet with the Play Arts Kai Mass Effect toys this fall, for $70 per. These are a suitable alternative, if you're hard up for some great Mass Effect merch and aren't bothered by half-assed articulation.

#354 Sarcastrophe

Sarcastrophe

• Citizen
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, I figured the articulation was sub-par, though I didn't realize how bad it was until seeing your pics. Just the same, they're more likely to be displayable tributes to the characters for me, so the limited articulation shouldn't matter too much. Miranda was already going to be a pass, as was Thane. Possibly Grunt, I keep going back and forth on that one. But everyone else is a solid want. I suppose it's not so much paying $17.99 + shipping as it is knowing that I'd never be able to stop there. It'll end up being a $100+ purchase. Ah well. Thanks for the heads up on the DLC too- I assumed it'd be some little booster like that, but I didn't know for sure. Medi-gel is worth its weight in gold, though. I swear I never get any anymore.

Haha, yeah, I saw the Play Arts prototypes, but that's a pretty steep bill. Totally worth it, I know, just hard to commit to. We'll see. I'll be graduated by then, and hopefully have an income again. Kind of like to see who all they're planning, too. Garrus is nice, but Shep would never feel right and I liked ME1 Ash better than ME3 Ash.

#355 Frost181

Frost181

• Citizen
  • 3912 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

wait...so Legion comes with the mantis while Garrus has the widow? That's dumb.

had a good premium spectre pack on Sunday, unlocked the sabre and the Krogan battlemaster, he hits like a truck but I don't know what weapon to use with him without either sacrificing firepower or killing his cooldowns.

#356 Slander

Slander

The boys are back!

• MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Frost181 @ Apr 17 2012, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the Krogan battlemaster, he hits like a truck but I don't know what weapon to use with him without either sacrificing firepower or killing his cooldowns.

SMG, especially if you have the ultralight materials mod. It's basically just to cover your ass after you Charge -> Carnage so you can get back into cover to line up your next combo. You can also finish off weakened enemies that weren't totally raped by your Carnage and melee.

#357 Frost181

Frost181

• Citizen
  • 3912 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

didn't spec into carnage.. also lightweight materials are bugged and don't work on anything other than the Geth SMG unfortunately. It shows an effect in the weapon cooldown percentage screen but if you look at the actual cooldown time in your powers tab it won't change whether they're equipped or not.

#358 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20251 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

The Salarian anthem is obviously a Gilbert and Sullivan song.

#359 Strafe

Strafe

• Retired Staff
  • 8994 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Shadowsabre @ Apr 17 2012, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I figured the articulation was sub-par, though I didn't realize how bad it was until seeing your pics. Just the same, they're more likely to be displayable tributes to the characters for me, so the limited articulation shouldn't matter too much. Miranda was already going to be a pass, as was Thane. Possibly Grunt, I keep going back and forth on that one. But everyone else is a solid want. I suppose it's not so much paying $17.99 + shipping as it is knowing that I'd never be able to stop there. It'll end up being a $100+ purchase. Ah well. Thanks for the heads up on the DLC too- I assumed it'd be some little booster like that, but I didn't know for sure. Medi-gel is worth its weight in gold, though. I swear I never get any anymore.

Haha, yeah, I saw the Play Arts prototypes, but that's a pretty steep bill. Totally worth it, I know, just hard to commit to. We'll see. I'll be graduated by then, and hopefully have an income again. Kind of like to see who all they're planning, too. Garrus is nice, but Shep would never feel right and I liked ME1 Ash better than ME3 Ash.

Yeah, I had been hurting for medi-gel. Hopefully they put that jumbo equipment pack up again soon!
Grunt was really the only decent figure from the first wave. His range of motion is slightly better than the rest. But yeah, he doesn't look much like his in-game representation. The second wave was a lot better, in that regard.

Also, the Geth Engineer is amaaaazing. Love my turret. Restores shields while deterring and roasting enemies, mmmm-mmm! Just wish I could unlock some more damn color options.

#360 Slander

Slander

The boys are back!

• MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

I laughed my &%$# off at this.

Edited by Slander, 17 April 2012 - 05:23 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users