Entertainment Earth

Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Dracula : (24 August 2016 - 07:54 AM)

G2 was kind of miserable but even that is preferable to RG1.

@  tffan01 : (24 August 2016 - 07:14 AM)

I don't think RG1 is the true ending to the Marvel because G. I Joe was in the same continuity as Transformers and they had a crossover with G2, not RG1 (obviously RG1 didn't exist back then). So G2/Alignment is the true ending.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 August 2016 - 02:20 AM)

Why do you hate yourself?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (24 August 2016 - 12:45 AM)

I still need to read everything after Vol. 1 of RG1...

@  Telly : (23 August 2016 - 11:47 PM)

i really wouldve liked to see rg1 pick up where the marvel run left off (or just a couple years after), instead of jumping 20 years. i wanna see how shit went down on earth

@  Dracula : (23 August 2016 - 09:54 PM)

After RG1, I'd just as soon have nobody ever touch the marvel continuity again

@  MEDdMI : (23 August 2016 - 08:46 PM)

I would like a dancing/rhythm game called Rhythms of Darkness, but not necessarily Marvel related.

@  Bass X0 : (23 August 2016 - 07:42 PM)

I'd like a Rhythms of Darkness mini-series from IDW following on from the Marvel issue detailing the events that happened in that continuity after the issue ended. The Marvel movie adaptation and The Big Broadcast of 2006 would take place in the same continuity.

@  Telly : (23 August 2016 - 01:21 AM)

someone must think you need another set

@  OrionPax44 : (23 August 2016 - 12:08 AM)

All I keep getting is the add for the FP Stunticon set I already own

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 August 2016 - 11:51 PM)

A tactical shortcoming.

@  MEDdMI : (22 August 2016 - 08:54 PM)

I frequently get ones for hot Asian women. I guess they're not doing their research.

@  Bass X0 : (22 August 2016 - 03:30 PM)

Most of my targeted ads are for things I just recently bought, which seems redundant

@  BScorpinok75 : (22 August 2016 - 12:47 AM)

:o

@  Defensis Prime : (21 August 2016 - 11:15 PM)

Okay, see, this is not his fault--

@  ShadowMan024 : (21 August 2016 - 09:46 PM)

Whoa. Sugar rush...

@  ShadowMan024 : (21 August 2016 - 09:46 PM)

DON'T TALK TO ME! DON'T TALK TO ME, CRIMINAL!

@  Paladin : (21 August 2016 - 08:16 PM)

they ate the whole plate. the WHOLE Plate.

@  ShadowMan024 : (21 August 2016 - 05:35 PM)

GRANMAMA DRINK YO PRUNE JUICE

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 August 2016 - 04:05 PM)

Who?

@  tffan01 : (21 August 2016 - 03:39 PM)

Yeah they were awesome.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 August 2016 - 03:37 PM)

Anyone wish Maggie and Glenn from the first movie would return?

@  Cybersnark : (21 August 2016 - 03:19 PM)

And if the movies focused on Lennox and Epps (and Simmons) rather than Manic Weirdo, Fatherly Asshole, Statutory Rape Guy, and Generic Female Characters #432, #527, and #671, they'd already be far, far better movies.

@  ShadowMan024 : (21 August 2016 - 03:02 PM)

Lennox and Epps are the exact opposite of "terrible."

@  Cybersnark : (21 August 2016 - 02:47 PM)

Honestly, the movie designs look fine and are totally recognizable, the problem is how they're filmed (in close-up, shakeycam, with split-second cuts). We just need more wide shots, and a plot that focuses on the TFs as characters rather than as props for the (terrible) human characters..

@  Boomhauer : (21 August 2016 - 01:45 PM)

Yeah it's pretty obvious that the movie designs go out of their way to have parts in particular places that move around like muscles. They're going for metal aliens instead of megazords. A reboot, no matter how faithful to G1, would probably still have to try and go for a visual style that allows that kind of fluid movement.

@  cefurox : (21 August 2016 - 10:17 AM)

wew lad

@  unluckiness : (21 August 2016 - 08:48 AM)

At the very least, they make it tougher to see when parts clip through other parts

@  Fnu Aw : (21 August 2016 - 08:45 AM)

The movie designs were never about realism. They're about natural looking movement. Realistic G1 style designs would not move the way we want to see Transformers move. They'd collide with their own boxiness. The shredded metal look of the movie designs lets them flex.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 August 2016 - 06:18 AM)

IDW's art styles varied wildly throughout the years. And I'm not sure how "realism" is a reason to have one over any other since we don't know what shape-changing metal lifeforms really look like.

@  MEDdMI : (21 August 2016 - 05:51 AM)

I liked Eric the best, since he felt the most like a real person to me and had character growth over the series.

@  MEDdMI : (21 August 2016 - 05:50 AM)

Sort of. It was never animated, but if you scroll down to ep 28 and you can read the script for the final ep.

@  tffan01 : (21 August 2016 - 05:47 AM)

of course I'm not talking about Sunbow or Marvel, they look like people in cardboard boxes, I mean IDW, they look both interesting, realistic and also G1 enough.

@  Bass X0 : (21 August 2016 - 05:43 AM)

Did the kids in the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon ever find a way home for good?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 August 2016 - 11:15 PM)

Since we're talking about design styles, wasn't AHM like that?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 August 2016 - 11:13 PM)

Yeah, look at IDW. All its lead writers are longstnading fans, but it's not like they've tried to wholly shoehorn Marvel or Sunbow into IDW.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 August 2016 - 11:10 PM)

Or even a new style that isn't quite like any of the others.

@  Pennpenn : (20 August 2016 - 11:09 PM)

Even if they simplified the designs they'd probably look more like Prime than G1.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 August 2016 - 10:59 PM)

Also, "they'll go to G1 because they already used over-complicated movie designs" is a bit of a false dichotomy.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 August 2016 - 09:45 PM)

Also, flat-nosed trucks don't look intimidatingly cool to most American audiences. Movies got to find some way to get funding.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 August 2016 - 08:23 PM)

When someone stands next to say, Optimus Prime's leg it would just look like there's a large blue rectangle.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 August 2016 - 08:21 PM)

In live-action, they would all look flat and underdetailed when they're supposed to be huge.

@  tffan01 : (20 August 2016 - 03:32 PM)

I'm 90% sure they will be using more G1-ish designs in the reboot (if there'll be such a thing of course). They already used over-complicated movie designs, they'll return to G1.

@  tffan01 : (20 August 2016 - 03:15 PM)

All I'm saying is when they reboot it, they might want to try something they never did in the screen and use G1-ish designs.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 August 2016 - 02:57 PM)

Why? Would a classic G1 aesthetic make money?

@  ShadowMan024 : (20 August 2016 - 02:38 PM)

I don't think that switching to G1 would "correct" anything.

@  tffan01 : (20 August 2016 - 02:22 PM)

I actually believe they would switch to G1 because I feel like the next director would try to correct 'wrongs' of the older movies.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 August 2016 - 02:15 PM)

Also, if they get to the point of completely rebooting the movies with an entirely different aesthetic I highly doubt they'd switch specifically to G1.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 August 2016 - 02:13 PM)

A design alone doesn't say anything. The designs and the setting together are what TFWiki would deliberate upon.

@  tffan01 : (20 August 2016 - 02:13 PM)

I know but a movie character would definitely gets his sub page because of the tie-ins, it would be far too long.

Photo
- - - - -

HA Soundwave to be released in the US?

20 replies to this topic

#1 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3992 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Yes or no? And if so, when?

Edited by Thunderhead, 26 February 2012 - 04:58 PM.

Hit the pit
Blood on the bricks
Don't look back 'cause I got your six!
Won't go down, never gonna quit
Don't turn back 'cause I got your six!

#2 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48305 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

No.
The end.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#3 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

King of Strong Style

• Citizen
  • 20459 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

And this makes me rage to no end.

3DS Friend Code for Pokeymans: 0318-7927-2975

nakamurabanner000.jpg
Icebreaker: Psychiatrist is PROBABLY DEAD. Click here for Archives.

#4 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1872 posts
  • Location:Mt. Vernon, VA Home: Long Island, NY Previous: Tampa, FL

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

The last wave of DOTM product was cancelled for US release, but is being released in Asia. (Deluxe Wheeljack, Deluxe and HA Soundwave)

Same with the "All-Star" or "Movie Trilogy" line that would've had the G1 Wheeljack and Soundblaster-y deluxe redecos

MAGFest.org
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#5 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2649 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Yup, I snaggled the Japanese one off ebay for like 60 bucks plus shipping last week. Pretty nice toy, but has a crappy abdomen and legs.
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#6 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 16434 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm waiting for him to show up at ROSS like every other canceled US release to date. icon-fire.gif

6CbAAc9.jpg

#7 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 18308 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Dake @ Feb 26 2012, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm waiting for him to show up at ROSS like every other canceled US release to date. icon-fire.gif

Unlike previous instances, apparently the US shipment was never even produced, the retailer cancellations happening early enough, so this won't happen.

Although, there's been some rumblings that Canada will be getting the Trilogy assortment, which may also mean the other remaining figures might show up as well, but we'll see.

#8 Ghost Robot

Ghost Robot

Rockin' in the Free World

• Validating
  • 1094 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Feb 26 2012, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unlike previous instances, apparently the US shipment was never even produced, the retailer cancellations happening early enough, so this won't happen.

Although, there's been some rumblings that Canada will be getting the Trilogy assortment, which may also mean the other remaining figures might show up as well, but we'll see.

I don't know much about how long it takes to produce these figures but I'd imagine they'd have to be ready to ship by mid-November, at the latest, in order to be on shelves by their targeted December release date. As late as New York Comic Con, which was in mid-October, Hasbro was still planning to release the deluxe Que/Wheeljack and Soundwave figures in the planned wave 6, so there's a chance they were already in production when the decision was made to cancel them. Unless, of course, the cancellations were the result of factory/manufacturing problems that forced a lengthy delay of their release - at which point the dwindling retailer orders weren't enough to justify the production costs and the figures were scrapped. That might explain why there were plenty of Hasbro versions of deluxe Soundwave available, and a few of the Hasbro Human Alliance Soundwaves, but no Que/Wheeljacks.

I'm not saying there's much hope and if I were a betting man I'd bet against any of them showing up at discount retailers, but there's still a slim chance - at least until we have further information from Hasbro.

Edited by Ghost Robot, 26 February 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#9 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1872 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

If the DOTM stuff had any chance of hitting US warehouses, and finding an outlet at discount retailers, Hasbro would've stuck to their company line of "We'll try and get it out there".

They didn't. They said it's cancelled, except in Asia. Whatever was produced (and, yes, it's already out there. Check eBay) went to Asian distributors. That seems to be the Official Word.

MAGFest.org

#10 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3992 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

FARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARK icon-megs.gif icon-megs.gif icon-megs.gif

Ah well, at least I know one way or another now.

Edited by Thunderhead, 26 February 2012 - 09:13 PM.

Hit the pit
Blood on the bricks
Don't look back 'cause I got your six!
Won't go down, never gonna quit
Don't turn back 'cause I got your six!

#11 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 55901 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 26 2012, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The last wave of DOTM product was cancelled for US release, but is being released in Asia. (Deluxe Wheeljack, Deluxe and HA Soundwave)

Same with the "All-Star" or "Movie Trilogy" line that would've had the G1 Wheeljack and Soundblaster-y deluxe redecos

Is that true, the bolded part. I got the impression that Hasbro just did not make the last wave at all, for Asia or any other territory. It was only TakaraTomy that made those toys.

I don't know if someone living in Asia (like Meister79 for example) can confirm if Hasbro distributed those figures there - I don't believe they did. The only releases were the TakaraTomy ones.

Randy

#12 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1872 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

When I was checking eBay last week, all the HA and Deluxe Soundwaves were Hasbro packaged, and generally under what the Takara prices were going for. And there were a lot of them, all available from Hong Kong, etc. Before Toyfair, there were Deluxe Soundwaves selling for under $20.

And I'm fairly sure that's what was said at Toyfair, as well.

MAGFest.org

#13 Meister79

Meister79
  • Retired Staff
  • 2482 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 27 2012, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 26 2012, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that true, the bolded part. I got the impression that Hasbro just did not make the last wave at all, for Asia or any other territory. It was only TakaraTomy that made those toys.

I don't know if someone living in Asia (like Meister79 for example) can confirm if Hasbro distributed those figures there - I don't believe they did. The only releases were the TakaraTomy ones.

Randy

Over here, Hasbro Deluxe Que and Deluxe Soundwave were never released. We got the Takara Tomy versions of them only. However, we did receive HA Soundwave in Hasbro packaging.
What I understand is Asia will be receiving the "Movie Trilogy" toys, but not the Hasbro version of the last wave of DotM Deluxes.

#14 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 16434 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 26 2012, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the DOTM stuff had any chance of hitting US warehouses, and finding an outlet at discount retailers, Hasbro would've stuck to their company line of "We'll try and get it out there".

They didn't. They said it's cancelled, except in Asia. Whatever was produced (and, yes, it's already out there. Check eBay) went to Asian distributors. That seems to be the Official Word.

That's what they said about the last wave of GIJoe Alpha vehicles though too. Canceled, done, never to be seen. And then we got the French/English Canadian versions at ROSS.

That will be the real trick, if they show up in Canada, then there's a good chance they'll make it here eventually.

6CbAAc9.jpg

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 55901 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 26 2012, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was checking eBay last week, all the HA and Deluxe Soundwaves were Hasbro packaged, and generally under what the Takara prices were going for. And there were a lot of them, all available from Hong Kong, etc. Before Toyfair, there were Deluxe Soundwaves selling for under $20.

And I'm fairly sure that's what was said at Toyfair, as well.

They have the same packaging in Japan as they would have had if they were released in the US (minus some differences in the bubble, Japanese text on the underside of said bubble, the sticker and the game card). If you see the blue Wheeljack in a package that doesn't say Autobot Que but Wheeljack, than Hasbro released them. If not then it's only TakaraTomy.

A lot of TakaraTomy's figures end up released in Hong Kong, but they are the TakaraTomy versions not (just) Hasbro's.

At Toyfair they said that the last wave of DotM wasn't getting released and that the Movie All-Stars were Asia only. Not that they were both Asia-only.

What you're seeing is the TakaraTomy versions. Look at the below searches for "DotM Que" and "DotM Wheeljack", they're all the TakaraTomy version as the Hasbro one wasn't released.
http://www.ebay.com/...6.c0.m270.l1313
http://www.ebay.com/...6.c0.m270.l1313

Soundwave is a little trickier. The images of the Deluxe Hasbro version in package look like stock photos (the Takara one has the extra sticker and card). The Human Alliance is Hasbro as it doesn't have the pink sticker on the bubble and it's not stock photography (some due denoting them as TakaraTomy versions).

Randy

#16 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 4969 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Feb 26 2012, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure? I know that's the case for most of First Edition, and for the Movie Trilogy line, but I would have thought the last waves of DOTM would have been produced considerably earlier than either of those.

#17 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 55901 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Looks like HA Soundwave was produced by Hasbro, and maybe even Deluxe Soundwave (based on eBay listings that say it's Hasbro but they're all stock photos). Deluxe Wheeljack only appears to be the TakaraTomy version Autobot Que.

Randy

#18 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1872 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

It's probably less appearent now, since demand has driven the prices up, but there were DOTM Soundwaves for sale on eBay for considerably cheaper than feasible for a Takara release, which is one reason I'm fairly sure they were Hasbro Asia releases.

MAGFest.org

#19 Ghost Robot

Ghost Robot

Rockin' in the Free World

• Validating
  • 1094 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Both TFScource and Robotkingdom were selling the Hasbro version of Deluxe Soundwave and fans on other boards (TFW immediately springs to mind) confirmed that they received Hasbro versions, not Takara/Tomy. He was definitely produced. I've never heard any reports of Que showing up anywhere in Hasbro packaging, which is probably why he's a lot rarer and sells for a lot more on ebay.

#20 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 55901 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

This all makes sense, and the eBay auctions support it.

Randy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users