Photo
- - - - -

HA Soundwave to be released in the US?

20 replies to this topic

#1 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3025 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Yes or no? And if so, when?

Edited by Thunderhead, 26 February 2012 - 04:58 PM.

There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#2 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 42807 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

No.
The end.

#3 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

YES

• Citizen
  • 18608 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

And this makes me rage to no end.

#4 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1837 posts
  • Location:Mt. Vernon, VA Home: Long Island, NY Previous: Tampa, FL

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

The last wave of DOTM product was cancelled for US release, but is being released in Asia. (Deluxe Wheeljack, Deluxe and HA Soundwave)

Same with the "All-Star" or "Movie Trilogy" line that would've had the G1 Wheeljack and Soundblaster-y deluxe redecos
xvpu.jpg
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#5 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2392 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Yup, I snaggled the Japanese one off ebay for like 60 bucks plus shipping last week. Pretty nice toy, but has a crappy abdomen and legs.
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#6 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 12507 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm waiting for him to show up at ROSS like every other canceled US release to date. icon-fire.gif

Back to basics

#7 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 16992 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Dake @ Feb 26 2012, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm waiting for him to show up at ROSS like every other canceled US release to date. icon-fire.gif

Unlike previous instances, apparently the US shipment was never even produced, the retailer cancellations happening early enough, so this won't happen.

Although, there's been some rumblings that Canada will be getting the Trilogy assortment, which may also mean the other remaining figures might show up as well, but we'll see.

#8 Ghost Robot

Ghost Robot

Rockin' in the Free World

• Citizen
  • 1089 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Feb 26 2012, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unlike previous instances, apparently the US shipment was never even produced, the retailer cancellations happening early enough, so this won't happen.

Although, there's been some rumblings that Canada will be getting the Trilogy assortment, which may also mean the other remaining figures might show up as well, but we'll see.

I don't know much about how long it takes to produce these figures but I'd imagine they'd have to be ready to ship by mid-November, at the latest, in order to be on shelves by their targeted December release date. As late as New York Comic Con, which was in mid-October, Hasbro was still planning to release the deluxe Que/Wheeljack and Soundwave figures in the planned wave 6, so there's a chance they were already in production when the decision was made to cancel them. Unless, of course, the cancellations were the result of factory/manufacturing problems that forced a lengthy delay of their release - at which point the dwindling retailer orders weren't enough to justify the production costs and the figures were scrapped. That might explain why there were plenty of Hasbro versions of deluxe Soundwave available, and a few of the Hasbro Human Alliance Soundwaves, but no Que/Wheeljacks.

I'm not saying there's much hope and if I were a betting man I'd bet against any of them showing up at discount retailers, but there's still a slim chance - at least until we have further information from Hasbro.

Edited by Ghost Robot, 26 February 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#9 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1837 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

If the DOTM stuff had any chance of hitting US warehouses, and finding an outlet at discount retailers, Hasbro would've stuck to their company line of "We'll try and get it out there".

They didn't. They said it's cancelled, except in Asia. Whatever was produced (and, yes, it's already out there. Check eBay) went to Asian distributors. That seems to be the Official Word.
xvpu.jpg

#10 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3025 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

FARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARKFARK icon-megs.gif icon-megs.gif icon-megs.gif

Ah well, at least I know one way or another now.

Edited by Thunderhead, 26 February 2012 - 09:13 PM.

There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#11 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46063 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 26 2012, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The last wave of DOTM product was cancelled for US release, but is being released in Asia. (Deluxe Wheeljack, Deluxe and HA Soundwave)

Same with the "All-Star" or "Movie Trilogy" line that would've had the G1 Wheeljack and Soundblaster-y deluxe redecos

Is that true, the bolded part. I got the impression that Hasbro just did not make the last wave at all, for Asia or any other territory. It was only TakaraTomy that made those toys.

I don't know if someone living in Asia (like Meister79 for example) can confirm if Hasbro distributed those figures there - I don't believe they did. The only releases were the TakaraTomy ones.

Randy

#12 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1837 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

When I was checking eBay last week, all the HA and Deluxe Soundwaves were Hasbro packaged, and generally under what the Takara prices were going for. And there were a lot of them, all available from Hong Kong, etc. Before Toyfair, there were Deluxe Soundwaves selling for under $20.

And I'm fairly sure that's what was said at Toyfair, as well.
xvpu.jpg

#13 Meister79

Meister79
  • News and Content
  • 2409 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 27 2012, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 26 2012, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that true, the bolded part. I got the impression that Hasbro just did not make the last wave at all, for Asia or any other territory. It was only TakaraTomy that made those toys.

I don't know if someone living in Asia (like Meister79 for example) can confirm if Hasbro distributed those figures there - I don't believe they did. The only releases were the TakaraTomy ones.

Randy

Over here, Hasbro Deluxe Que and Deluxe Soundwave were never released. We got the Takara Tomy versions of them only. However, we did receive HA Soundwave in Hasbro packaging.
What I understand is Asia will be receiving the "Movie Trilogy" toys, but not the Hasbro version of the last wave of DotM Deluxes.

#14 Dake

Dake

I can see my house from here!

• Supporter
  • 12507 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 26 2012, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the DOTM stuff had any chance of hitting US warehouses, and finding an outlet at discount retailers, Hasbro would've stuck to their company line of "We'll try and get it out there".

They didn't. They said it's cancelled, except in Asia. Whatever was produced (and, yes, it's already out there. Check eBay) went to Asian distributors. That seems to be the Official Word.

That's what they said about the last wave of GIJoe Alpha vehicles though too. Canceled, done, never to be seen. And then we got the French/English Canadian versions at ROSS.

That will be the real trick, if they show up in Canada, then there's a good chance they'll make it here eventually.

Back to basics

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 46063 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 26 2012, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was checking eBay last week, all the HA and Deluxe Soundwaves were Hasbro packaged, and generally under what the Takara prices were going for. And there were a lot of them, all available from Hong Kong, etc. Before Toyfair, there were Deluxe Soundwaves selling for under $20.

And I'm fairly sure that's what was said at Toyfair, as well.

They have the same packaging in Japan as they would have had if they were released in the US (minus some differences in the bubble, Japanese text on the underside of said bubble, the sticker and the game card). If you see the blue Wheeljack in a package that doesn't say Autobot Que but Wheeljack, than Hasbro released them. If not then it's only TakaraTomy.

A lot of TakaraTomy's figures end up released in Hong Kong, but they are the TakaraTomy versions not (just) Hasbro's.

At Toyfair they said that the last wave of DotM wasn't getting released and that the Movie All-Stars were Asia only. Not that they were both Asia-only.

What you're seeing is the TakaraTomy versions. Look at the below searches for "DotM Que" and "DotM Wheeljack", they're all the TakaraTomy version as the Hasbro one wasn't released.
http://www.ebay.com/...6.c0.m270.l1313
http://www.ebay.com/...6.c0.m270.l1313

Soundwave is a little trickier. The images of the Deluxe Hasbro version in package look like stock photos (the Takara one has the extra sticker and card). The Human Alliance is Hasbro as it doesn't have the pink sticker on the bubble and it's not stock photography (some due denoting them as TakaraTomy versions).

Randy

#16 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 4499 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Feb 26 2012, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure? I know that's the case for most of First Edition, and for the Movie Trilogy line, but I would have thought the last waves of DOTM would have been produced considerably earlier than either of those.

#17 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 46063 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Looks like HA Soundwave was produced by Hasbro, and maybe even Deluxe Soundwave (based on eBay listings that say it's Hasbro but they're all stock photos). Deluxe Wheeljack only appears to be the TakaraTomy version Autobot Que.

Randy

#18 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1837 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

It's probably less appearent now, since demand has driven the prices up, but there were DOTM Soundwaves for sale on eBay for considerably cheaper than feasible for a Takara release, which is one reason I'm fairly sure they were Hasbro Asia releases.
xvpu.jpg

#19 Ghost Robot

Ghost Robot

Rockin' in the Free World

• Citizen
  • 1089 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Both TFScource and Robotkingdom were selling the Hasbro version of Deluxe Soundwave and fans on other boards (TFW immediately springs to mind) confirmed that they received Hasbro versions, not Takara/Tomy. He was definitely produced. I've never heard any reports of Que showing up anywhere in Hasbro packaging, which is probably why he's a lot rarer and sells for a lot more on ebay.

#20 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 46063 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

This all makes sense, and the eBay auctions support it.

Randy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users