Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Who's your favorite Obscure Transformer?

43 replies to this topic

#41 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9826 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(windsweeper @ Feb 29 2012, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second MTMTE Rollout. Glitch is actually the masterspy, kind of R2D2 like. Some great comedy potential. Could see Rollout as the G1 version of Animated Sentinel. Picture him breaking some prisoners from a Con prison. He sneaks ahead to take down any guards. The escapees look on in horror. One turns to the others, "he's actually singing his own danger music!" Meanwhile Glitch is in the background doing all the work like bypassing alarms, shutting down power systems, etc.

I love that he's basically Inspector Gadget and Glitch is Penny and Brain. Or Maxwell Smart to Glitch's 99. I would LOVE to see that used.

Which Autobot Pretender actually lived in a fantasy world incorporating his missions into the fantasies? Was it Sky High? That could be fun.

Yeah, Sky High. That MTMTE bio changed him from a complete nobody to one of my favorite obscure bots ever. I want him used badly, but it has to be with that awesome characterization in tact.

-ZacWilliam, one I forgot to add was Chop Shop I'd really, really, really love to see him in RiD staging a heist on one of the NAIL ships.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#42 Exillion

Exillion
  • Citizen
  • 761 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

Top 5:

1. Rung
2. Scrounge
3. Mainframe
4. Rollout
5. Sky High

Ironically, Rung is well known by fans of the comic, but none of the other Transformers knows who he is. Even Scrounge was probably more well known by the Bots and Cons.

I definitely like the Action Mast ers, as is evident by my list, but I would prefer Rung and Scrounge getting toys before the others.
Knowledge combined with experience are the building blocks to enlightenment.

#43 Saker

Saker

There's always one....

• Supporter
  • 355 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(Tindalos @ Feb 26 2012, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Megadeath.

A very good metal band as well icon-ironhide.gif

#44 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Bristleback hated you all before it was trendy.

• Citizen
  • 9437 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

Don't forget the triumvirate! I would love to see some stories that feature them as side-characters, showing how such nobodies who cleverly did not stand in the spotlight and avoided being noticed as too ambitious rivals by Megatron or Straxus rose to power eventually after everyone else was gone.

QUOTE(BeltlineYYC @ Feb 29 2012, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always liked Skullgrin. 'Monstercon from Mars' was one of the few stories (in any fiction) to really focus on a Decepticon's interactions with humans, and while the B-movie monster plot was kinda silly, his character arc in that story was great. I think one of the other Pretenders gave him a hard time for befriending humans in a later story, too.

Indeed. It was a rare sight to see a Decepticon care about a human, and I liked how it was consistently continued in King Con where he even attacked Iguanus to save the reporter lady.

As such, it is a pity that he died in G2, I would have found it an interesting story idea if after Bludgeon's defeat on Klo, Skullgrin would have returned to Earth and cut all ties to the Cons...

QUOTE(Starfield @ Feb 29 2012, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We need a Scrounge toy. He's just neat. How many Transformers have the guts to go with a simple, featureless robotic head? Not many. The ones we do have originate from pre-Transformers. Let's see, Shockwave, Whirl, Omega Supreme.

Transforming into a wheel would be a real challenge, though. Tell you what, I wouldn't even care if he needed big chunks of add-on kibble to pull it off.

I think there is a Power Rangers toy that pulls it of quite well. Or well, if we go by shell-forming, there is BW Neo Dead End.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 07 March 2012 - 03:26 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users