Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Who's your favorite Obscure Transformer?

43 replies to this topic

#21 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11651 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

All of the Euro 90s Transformers. I just love the colours and molds.

#22 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 7574 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Beast Wars Razorclaw
Beast Wars Transmetal II Iguanus
Beast Machines Scavenger
Movie Landmine
HftD Sunspot

I can't really pick a favourite from those guys, I love them all too much.

#23 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3026 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Megaplex, the clone of Megatron from Machine Wars. It was my original username. Until it/he/I got banned/replaced/unused and I forgot the password to it, so I made another account/it got lost in the transition from ezboard to here and I changed it to Galvaplex, which is of course would be the "upgraded" version of Megaplex.

Anyway I always liked him because no one else was paying attention to him at the time.

Hmm.... That's a very hipster answer, but it's the truth. :'(
There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#24 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Bristleback hated you all before it was trendy.

• Citizen
  • 9438 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Sparkstalker. Come on IDW, give us a Spotlight: Sparkstalker where he and his two bumbling/psychotic/pyromaniac associates pull the crime of the century! icon-hotrod.gif

#25 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Citizen
  • 1182 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

Before Last Stand of the Wreckers, I'd have said Kick Off but given the popularity of that series, he may have graduated from obscure. Looks like Swerve may get the same treatment.

My favourites:

Top Heavy. Coolest TF rhino and transforms into an awesome looking gun. Pity he got partnered with that loser Skyfall. It should have been Kick Off.

The G2 Stormtroopers

The Robotmasters' new characters, as in Wrecker Hook, Air Hunter and Wingstun ( who I could easily see as pre Beast/G1 Waspinator).

#26 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17358 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Does Repgunus have enough fiction to no longer be considered obscure yet?

Other then that, I have a particular fondness for the Decepticon Micromaster Constructor Squad as portrayed by their DW MTMTE bios. They're like the Constructicons, but actually have interesting personalities and motivations. I'd love to see some fiction about them.

Also, they're not quite obscure because they starred in one of the biggest action scenes in the 3d movie, but I reaaaaaaaaalllllllly want some more fictions featuring The Dreads.

#27 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Citizen
  • 1182 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

I will support any Repugnus fiction based on his MTMTE profile from Dreamwave.

Sparkstalker too. Plus his name sounds like the TF Grim Reaper.

#28 Fishbug

Fishbug

Injector has a posse

• Citizen
  • 8921 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Mainframe's always been a favorite of mine. He was one of the first non-show TFs I could remember by name back then.

#29 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 26500 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

The Stormtroopers need some love. I don't care if it's in a story or something, I just want a Generations repaint/retool that uses them. Drench and Rage had very neat head designs.

Not to mention that going by their stats, they ought to be unstoppable.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#30 Stungun

Stungun

Mythbusting

• Citizen
  • 13436 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Feb 27 2012, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Stormtroopers need some love. I don't care if it's in a story or something, I just want a Generations repaint/retool that uses them. Drench and Rage had very neat head designs.

Not to mention that going by their stats, they ought to be unstoppable.

Too bad they wouldn't be able to actually hit anything they shoot at.
QUOTE(Detour @ Sep 13 2013, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really depresses me when I see kids getting the intelligent cartoons and "adults" getting the most immature garbage ever animated.

#31 Wingus

Wingus

The Pungeon Master

• Supporter
  • 17709 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Emirate Xaaron, by far. Dude had no weapons in robot mode, couldn't transform without risking death, and still stood up to friggin' Galvatron. And not just any Galvatron, but batjive crazy, obnoxiously overpowered Furman Galvatron.

Edited by Wingus, 27 February 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#32 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 26500 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

That's what happens when you're just a gold-toned G1 Megatron toy.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#33 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9827 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

Add me to the Scrounge pile. (He needs a toy Hasbro!)
And Spanner.
Love Grotusque.
Tote!
Phaser and Blast Master
Waverider
Pretender Sky High

ZacWilliam, they're more B-list than truely obscure but I love Skydive, Lightspeed, Bluestreak...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 28 February 2012 - 05:57 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#34 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Bristleback hated you all before it was trendy.

• Citizen
  • 9438 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(windsweeper @ Feb 28 2012, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will support any Repugnus fiction based on his MTMTE profile from Dreamwave.

Sparkstalker too. Plus his name sounds like the TF Grim Reaper.

That's typical for a dimintuive geek whose armament is capable of lightly boiling an egg. icon-hotrod.gif They tend to exaggerate.

Repugnus got his quasi-spotlight, but I'd like to see more of him. Maybe the Lost Light can run into the three mercenaries...

MTMTE made a lot of nobodies interesting. Blackout and Spaceshot for example, or Knockout - who often passes out from excitement. icon-hotrod.gif Also, I'd like to see Bomb-Burst explored more as some demented serial killer drafted into the Con ranks, who really believes that he can steal other people's life-force...
Oh and Bugly. We saw a little of him in Dark Ages, but he has potential.
Roadblock would make the perfect angry, always-belligerent drill sergeant based on his bio - it'd add to the comical factor that his sans-shell robot form is tiny. icon-hotrod.gif
From the bots, I hope James tackles Rollout, the inept loudmouth spy, and I would also like to see Hosehead get some characterisation apart from "the third guy who hangs out with Nightbeat and Siren".
Oh and Catilla. So far, he is essentially Gwen Stacy.

#35 Random Items

Random Items

formerly chris parasyte

• Citizen
  • 9204 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

I always liked Skullgrin. 'Monstercon from Mars' was one of the few stories (in any fiction) to really focus on a Decepticon's interactions with humans, and while the B-movie monster plot was kinda silly, his character arc in that story was great. I think one of the other Pretenders gave him a hard time for befriending humans in a later story, too.
Tweets by @AvengersShow

#36 Starfield

Starfield
  • Citizen
  • 1277 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

We need a Scrounge toy. He's just neat. How many Transformers have the guts to go with a simple, featureless robotic head? Not many. The ones we do have originate from pre-Transformers. Let's see, Shockwave, Whirl, Omega Supreme.

Transforming into a wheel would be a real challenge, though. Tell you what, I wouldn't even care if he needed big chunks of add-on kibble to pull it off.

#37 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(BeltlineYYC @ Feb 29 2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always liked Skullgrin. 'Monstercon from Mars' was one of the few stories (in any fiction) to really focus on a Decepticon's interactions with humans, and while the B-movie monster plot was kinda silly, his character arc in that story was great. I think one of the other Pretenders gave him a hard time for befriending humans in a later story, too.

Agreed. It gave some nice depth to some Decepticon characters. But then Marvel did quite a bit of that: fleshing out characters you didn't expect to get such treatment.

#38 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage
  • Citizen
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

The Beast Machines Dinobots in general. The idea that there's this squad who specializes in destruction on a planet full of drones to destroy just feels fun. It's like they're in Valhalla.

More specifically, two of the three I had: Airraptor and Dinotron.

Airraptor's robot design with his flip-out gun made me think of him as a conceited hot-shot sniper. His character could be fun.

Dinotron's bio hinted at an interesting character arc for him: He actually hates his techno-organic body. He's only fighting with the Maximals because he hates Megatron slightly more. There's a unique angle in there, that of a warrior who doesn't really believe in what he's fighting for (techno-organic Cybertron), he just hates the other guys more, sort of like an anti-Movie-Bonecrusher.

#39 Warewullf

Warewullf
  • Citizen
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I always loved Groundshaker. His toy was just ten tons of fun.

#40 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Citizen
  • 1182 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

It was Iguanus that gave Skullgrin grief. I hated him for that.

I second MTMTE Rollout. Glitch is actually the masterspy, kind of R2D2 like. Some great comedy potential. Could see Rollout as the G1 version of Animated Sentinel. Picture him breaking some prisoners from a Con prison. He sneaks ahead to take down any guards. The escapees look on in horror. One turns to the others, "he's actually singing his own danger music!" Meanwhile Glitch is in the background doing all the work like bypassing alarms, shutting down power systems, etc.

Which Autobot Pretender actually lived in a fantasy world incorporating his missions into the fantasies? Was it Sky High? That could be fun.

Barrage and Heave sounded like they'd be fun. The quiet scientist and the battle hungry brawler. Always love that line in MTMTE where the Astro Squad laugh unintentinally as Barrage drags Heave across a battlefield with Barrage's battlecrys drowning out Heave's yelps of protest.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users