24 replies to this topic

#1 General Tekno

General Tekno

Nova Mew

• Citizen
  • 1702 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Looks like there's scans of the magazine up now - but the pictures are taking forever to load.

http://www.toy-world...2008/fk_092.jpg
http://www.toy-world...2008/fk_093.jpg
http://www.toy-world...2008/fk_094.jpg
http://www.toy-world...2008/fk_095.jpg

Edited by Powered Convoy, 25 February 2012 - 08:51 AM.

BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• Retired Staff
  • 47393 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

I was trying to find those myself yesterday, but their site was so SLOW to load I gave up after trying to guess the first few pages they were on.

Starscream's face looks really good here (if overly dark). I do hope the super lightness of him in the scans isn't indicative of a color change (MP Rodimus looked pink in some magazine photos).

Randy

fk_092.jpg fk_093.jpg fk_094.jpg fk_095.jpg

BnXYblI.UWlFchGCYffwVw.jpg

Edited by Powered Convoy, 25 February 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#3 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 27545 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

The Arms Microns look like so much fun. I wish I could afford more of the Japanese figures.

#4 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 2682 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

They really do look fun. But I don't want to import the whole line, particularly if it mostly uses stickers and I'd have to buy the US ones to get decently-painted main figures too.

Shame we're not getting the Mini-Con versions of the molds, though. Even if we can buy all the partners as gashapon down the road, they won't interact nearly as well.

#5 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 12614 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

MP-11 is beautiful. That's the way it should have been all along.

#6 Magick

Magick

Autobot Rainbow Brigade

• Citizen
  • 2558 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Um, eew. This photo makes MP 11 look like cheap model kit plastic. And no wash to bring out the details? I get that the photos might be brightened, but Starscream really looks like that at release then I'm definitely waiting for a clearance or a second release. This one looks like a cheap model kit.

Even with the lame swordless "samurai sheaths" Hasbro's MP Starscream looks a lot better. It really is amazing what a simple black wash can do for a figure.
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23548 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Can't say I'm digging it too much. I like some of the Mini-Cons, but I don't think all of them are better than the standard accessories from the American versions of the toys. Add in the cheap-looking stickers as substitutes for painted detail, and the ports that they thought they had to add all over, and I think I'll just wait and hope for some kind of Micron Booster set to get those guys.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#8 ExVee

ExVee

Unmentionable

• Supporter
  • 7895 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

So, if I want that Mini-Con sword, I'd have to get the Takara versions of Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Optimus?

@exveebrawn | @FigureReviewers

Sentai and Tokusatsu podcast!
Superhero Time - Here We Go!
@Superhero_Time

The Original Transformers Internet Radio Show
Radio Free Cybertron

#9 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

symmetrical docking ...Henshin!

• Citizen
  • 22148 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

SKYWARP! oh my gosh.. looks like I'm importing

#10 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10428 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Man, I'm waffling. I'm not really in a financial state right now to get the Japanese line... but it's that rare blue-moon time where I'm actually TEMPTED to do so.

(Well, for the bigger toys. Not the Cyberverse. What little I get from that will be Hasbro. And little only due to finances.)

I deeply appreciate that the Hasbro versions are less expensive, even with Takara's slashing. And I have to admit, losing some of the weapons is... unpleasant. Like Ratchet's double scalpel-swords. And while we haven't seen J-Knock-Out yet, I can't imagine he'll have the prong. And some guys, like Wheeljack and Hot Shot, I have to wonder about the survival of the intricate striping. If Bee there's stripes ARE stickers and that holds true for others... eeeeeesh.

But... well, the Mini-Cons look to have that "building" feature I LOVE. And the added ports on the bigger toys... I'm cool with it. I like my toys to be fun to PLAY with. And really, most of the missing paint detail I can add myself... it'd be good to get back to that.

So yeah. Waffling.

M "C;Mon, Income Spike..." Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#11 flywheels

flywheels
  • Citizen
  • 133 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Glad I got my pre-orders in for Ratchet and Skywarp after seeing these pictures!

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• Retired Staff
  • 47393 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(Magick @ Feb 25 2012, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um, eew. This photo makes MP 11 look like cheap model kit plastic. And no wash to bring out the details? I get that the photos might be brightened, but Starscream really looks like that at release then I'm definitely waiting for a clearance or a second release. This one looks like a cheap model kit.

Even with the lame swordless "samurai sheaths" Hasbro's MP Starscream looks a lot better. It really is amazing what a simple black wash can do for a figure.

This is one time we disagree my friend. I much prefer the coloration and detailing of MP-11 (provided he's colored like the first pictures). icon-hotrod.gif

Randy

#13 Zeonic

Zeonic
  • Citizen
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Pretty disappointed about the stickers for some reason...reminds me of expensive gumkits...I wonder if there's any reaction over yonder about it.

Edited by Zeonic, 26 February 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#14 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4475 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hasbro better announce Minicon sets for Prime at Botcon. I need a Prime/Bee/Ratchet set in a unified color scheme NOW.

Also, the Minicons seem to have names, anyone able to translate them?

Edited by Liege, 26 February 2012 - 11:21 AM.

QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#15 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 4643 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

They're O.P., B2, C.L., R.A., Gora and Baro. The Autobot ones are named after their partners (first two letters of each name except for Bumblebee), and it looks like the Decepticon ones are named after their animal modes (Gorilla and Buffalo).
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

LEGO Clone Wars: The Animated Comics

#16 Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0

...or should I?

• Citizen
  • 7772 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

I want the minicons, but not so much I'd import the entire toyline. Also, it looks like they're not even putting out Powerizer Megatron... weak! Hopefully they come out as Gashapon toys.

#17 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• Retired Staff
  • 47393 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Treadshot 2.0 @ Feb 26 2012, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want the minicons, but not so much I'd import the entire toyline. Also, it looks like they're not even putting out Powerizer Megatron... weak! Hopefully they come out as Gashapon toys.

I wouldn't write them off as not coming out with the Voyager Megatron at some point.

Randy

#18 Cloudimus Prime

Cloudimus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 439 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

The three Microns (OP, B2 and RA) combine into the Star Saber (so says the text)! I wonder if this'll be the official Aligned Star Saber of Prima.

創造神 Primus, the Exigeezer?

#19 Naas

Naas

whatever

• Citizen
  • 4485 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

^ I thought the (Aligned) Star Saber was supposed to be huge.

edit: Hmmm, in the photo, it does look pretty big, but I'm still inclined to disagree for whatever reason.

Are these Microns a wee bit bigger than UT Mini-cons?

Edited by Item42, 27 February 2012 - 02:19 AM.

#20 phantom-robot

phantom-robot
  • Protoform
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

BBTS has Vector Oracle for pre order.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users