15 replies to this topic

#1 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 2826 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

So, a while back I ordered a Spray and Rager from iGear and when the package arrived, there were two Sprays and no Rager. So, being the penny pincher I am and not particularly wanting a second Spray, I contacted iGear and told them what happened. They asked for a picture as proof (which I provided) and I was told that they were arranging the resend and that I should hold onto the second Spray pending instructions on what to do with it.

Well... the Rager has arrived and he's quite a nice little figure, but... no instructions on what to do with the extra Spray are forthcoming. Nothing in the package, nothing in the box the figure came in and no E-Mails that I can find.

I'm tempted to contact them, but I'm also tempted to just let it be, if for no other reason than to save the bother of shipping it. Still... my conscience nags me.

Has anyone else had to deal with anything like this, particularly with iGear?
--The Doctor Who

I am The PoeT
Follow my Journey

#2 CORVUS

CORVUS

Not the one you were expecting!

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

You can send the extra Spray to me and I'll handle it from there icon-arcee.gif

#3 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3440 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Well look at it this way, assume they meant to send instructions & didn't. If you don't contact them, it could cause issues with you getting anything directly from them.

If you can live with that, then it's your choice not to bother. Up to you.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#4 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 16614 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'd just go ahead and ask them what they want done with that second Spray.

On one hand, it is, indeed, the right thing to do.

On the other hand, depending upon what factors are at play, they might just let you keep him.

A few years ago I had to mail a defective disk back to Bandai so that I could get a replacement. Due to a mistake on their part, however, Bandai accidentally sent me two replacement bundles (disk + grab bag of freebies). When I e-mailed them about it, they said to just go ahead and keep everything.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#5 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

• Supporter
  • 2826 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, I pretty much made up my mind to contact them, I was just hoping someone might have had a similar thing happen and have more specific advice.

@Corvus: You're first on the list, if they tell me to keep it.
--The Doctor Who

I am The PoeT
Follow my Journey

#6 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1838 posts
  • Location:Mt. Vernon, VA Home: Long Island, NY Previous: Tampa, FL

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Aw. I would've taken that Spray off your hands.

With BBTS, when I've had problems with some of my orders, they invariably send me a replacement part in a full size box, and never ask for the problem part back...which I sometimes feel bad about. It'd usually be easier for them to send these parts in a padded envelope, I think, or add it to my Pile-of-Loot. And if they'd just include a return label or envelope or something, I'd like to send them these problem parts back (Like, if I get something with two left fists, I figure the spare fist does them more good than me).

But they don't, and I assume it's for a decent reason.
xvpu.jpg
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#7 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Feb 24 2012, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I pretty much made up my mind to contact them, I was just hoping someone might have had a similar thing happen and have more specific advice.

@Corvus: You're first on the list, if they tell me to keep it.

Aw, awesome!

#8 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12205 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Feb 24 2012, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw. I would've taken that Spray off your hands.

With BBTS, when I've had problems with some of my orders, they invariably send me a replacement part in a full size box, and never ask for the problem part back...which I sometimes feel bad about. It'd usually be easier for them to send these parts in a padded envelope, I think, or add it to my Pile-of-Loot. And if they'd just include a return label or envelope or something, I'd like to send them these problem parts back (Like, if I get something with two left fists, I figure the spare fist does them more good than me).

But they don't, and I assume it's for a decent reason.

I've been in the same situation, and figure it would be a logistics nightmare for them to try to keep up with random figure parts all over the place, not to mention the money and time wasted getting them shipped back. Hopefully BBTS can just send back a big pile of the salvaged third party stuff to the makers as damaged/bad quality stuff.

In any case, if Explorer ever breaks his right arm, I have a replacement at hand.

#9 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

When all else fails, lose yourself to dance

• Citizen
  • 2370 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Sent you a PM Good doctor.

that whole "when I became a man i put away childish things." ... deal

and to that I say, yeah they're away up there on that shelf

#10 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

• Supporter
  • 2826 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Update:

It's been several weeks (nearly a month, since I sat on it for a week or so) since I contacted them and so far there's been no reply about what to do with this figure. It's rather frustrating. I would rather any reply at all rather than silence.

I feel like I should maybe give it one more try, just in case, but it's been about a month and a half, nearly two since I received the original figures... I don't know what the statute of limitations is on this kind of thing, but I'm tempted to say that, if they really wanted it back, they'd have contacted me by now.

Curse my strong ethical drive... this would be so much easier if I just didn't care XD
--The Doctor Who

I am The PoeT
Follow my Journey

#11 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

When all else fails, lose yourself to dance

• Citizen
  • 2370 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I would give them one more email and give it another week or two and then if no reply I would say its yours for the sake of good business.

Heck Im still waiting on a reply from almost two weeks ago.

that whole "when I became a man i put away childish things." ... deal

and to that I say, yeah they're away up there on that shelf

#12 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 44732 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

So, a while back I ordered a Spray and Rager from iGear and when the package arrived, there were two Sprays and no Rager.

I ordered a Spray and Rager from BBTS and they sent me two Ragers and no Spray.

Clearly these releases are cursed.

BBTS cleared it up though and now I have one of each. icon-hotrod.gif

#13 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 3440 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Mar 24 2012, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would give them one more email and give it another week or two and then if no reply I would say its yours for the sake of good business.

Heck Im still waiting on a reply from almost two weeks ago.

Well at this point, I'd say you've no worries, except mayb how to get the extra Spay to Corvus. And seeing if he'll pony up for s/h.

Still, if you want to send another email, put in the message if, I do not receive a response by x, then I will consider the matter settled, or something to this effect. Making it obvious you tried, while not hanging on the phone for a call that might never come.

Plus, I'm sure Corvus wants his Spray.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#14 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

As someone who would potentially gain Spray because of this, if it will make ya feel better, shoot em another email and give em another week to respond.

And yes, my ponies will deliver unto me the requisite amount of cash for S&H icon-hotrod.gif

#15 Decepticon

Decepticon

GEEWUN IS ALL YOU NEED!!! ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.

• Citizen
  • 1909 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

If your conscience is really bugging you, sell the extra figure and send iGear some money. How does shop.igeartoys.com work? Do you pay by paypal? Just paypal them some money then.
My Sales Receipt for Energon Galvatron

#16 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 27586 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Question: did you ever get a response?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users