41 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

Vector Oracle (Free with 3,000 Yen or more purchase at Toys R Us Japan)
http://tf.takaratomy...cron/index.html

Firebolt (Bonus for preordering AM01 Optimus Prime)
http://tf.takaratomy...rime/index.html

Prime Video section updated with Starscream & Arcee
http://tf.takaratomy.../prime/special/

Colored pictures of Prime & Bumblebee's Arms Microns
http://tf.takaratomy...rch/armsmicron/

I'm impressed with the coloration of the Arms Microns, they're not unpainted or silver like speculated (unless the ones pictured are special versions).

Randy

Edited by Powered Convoy, 24 February 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#2 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6549 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

Man, Vector Oracle looks like if I sucked on him, he'd be delicious.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 24 February 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#3 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41568 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

I do wonder if Firebolt will be considered a G1 character or an Aligned character since he comes with Prime Optimus Prime.
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#4 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10458 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

Actually, it looks like VO you get with 3000y worth of Dark of the Moon stuff. I admit my Japanese is spotty at best, but it looks like he's a movie-verse Mini-Con...

M "Well, I Guess This More Or Less Seals Me Getting The Japanese Optimus" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#5 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm sure he's meant to be the G1 character (Rodimus seems to be retooled simply due to him and he matches the United Targetmaster ones) but he'll probably have the same Prime labeling that the other Arms Microns have.

Randy

#6 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10458 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

And hello, color pics of J-Prime toys...

Yyyyyeah. Those are undeniably stickers, not paint, on the Microns. (No names? Boooo!) I've not really paid much attention to the details on the Hasbro versions of the big toys, so... I can't tell what is and isn't there, and it's hard to tell if those details are decals or not.

M "If Someone Else Wants To Side-By-Side Em..." Sipher

Edited by M Sipher, 24 February 2012 - 07:41 AM.

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#7 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(M Sipher @ Feb 24 2012, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, it looks like VO you get with 3000y worth of Dark of the Moon stuff. I admit my Japanese is spotty at best, but it looks like he's a movie-verse Mini-Con...

M "Well, I Guess This More Or Less Seals Me Getting The Japanese Optimus" Sipher

Yeah it's Dark of the Moon figures.

Just because the purchase of movie figures doesn't align Vector Oracle with the movie stuff. The 2nd set of United Targetmasters were given away with the purchase of Autobot Alliance figures and the Microns ended up being tied to United not the Movie.

March 5, 2011
United Caliburst - Free with 3,000 Yen Purchase of Autobot Alliance or Masterpiece figures at Toys R Us Japan stores
United Spoilsport - Free with 3,000 Yen Purchase of Autobot Alliance or Masterpiece figures at Bic Camera and Yodobashi Camera stores

#8 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10458 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Actually, I was looking at the big title, which seems to read "Limited Movie Micron Present Campaign!!".

Though his being listed as an Arms Micron might make him Prime, unless that's just what Takara's calling all Microns now.

M "I Guess The Paperwork Will Decide It" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#9 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 11623 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 24 2012, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm impressed with the coloration of the Arms Microns, they're not unpainted or silver like speculated (unless the ones pictured are special versions).

As noted above, they don't have any paint applications, though it's hard to tell if they are entirely covered with a shiny paint colour or just cast in a nice looking plastic. All the detailing is stickers.

Also it would seem like there's not much articulation, sadly.

Still, I want the minicons. I hope they're released in the capsules.

BTW, those ports all over Prime and Bumblebee's vehicle modes look terrible.

Phazer

#10 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(The Phazer @ Feb 24 2012, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As noted above, they don't have any paint applications, though it's hard to tell if they are entirely covered with a shiny paint colour or just cast in a nice looking plastic. All the detailing is stickers.

Phazer

It's either shiny paint or just the same photoshop shininess we get from Hasbro stock photos. Those ports don't look so bad in Robot mode, and really, when he minicon connectors not looked weird? God, I'm trying to rationalize this in my mind, I can feel it. Yes they look obtrusive, and I don't like them. I hope they don't ruin the look of someone like Soundwave in Robot Mode. I still want these enough that I'm not buying the American versions, because to me the Microns are the thing here.

God dammit.

The whole Prime line is wrenching my heart in like 5 directions. FE toys look great, but now they're gone. RiD Toys are smaller and disappointing with few paint apps, but Takara's come with Minicons. Minicon ports on the molds, which look bad in alt mode, but okay in robot mode. I didn't even notice the ports until Phazer said something. God hugging dammit.

Edited by Phlis, 24 February 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#11 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34263 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Feb 24 2012, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(The Phazer @ Feb 24 2012, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phazer

It's either shiny paint or just the same photoshop shininess we get from Hasbro stock photos.

Could be a bit of both, but I think it's mainly paint. Because it looks like you can still see the "prototype gray" in several places that they missed with the paint.

Although, I'd say it's more a case of "hand-painted sample" than the final product is going to be slathered in paint.

#12 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2429 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I didn't even notice the ports until Phazer said something. God hugging dammit.

I thought something looked off about those vehicle modes I wasn't paying much attention to OP but I saw Bee's and thought, "Does mine have those?"
I think I'm gonna cancel my micron pre-order from BBTS.

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 24 February 2012 - 10:56 AM.

"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#13 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10458 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

The ports actually make me more interested.

M "Extra Playability Makes The Extra Cost Seem... Less Not Worth It" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

It's interesting that there are likely two sets of those parts for the molds since they're released at pretty much the same time. So anything that has a port on the Takara versions has a non-port version on the Hasbro version. I think this is the first time they've ever done something like this.

Randy

#15 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Brick guy

• Citizen
  • 4738 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Differences between the versions, apart from the Powerlinx ports (which are on the Mini-cons, too!):

Bumblebee has added Autobot symbols in both modes, and his hood stripes are closer together. The middle ones no longer wrap around the edge to meet the grille. I'd guess that his stripes, symbols and maybe ankle details are stickers.

Prime looks almost the same, but his headlights seem to be two-toned instead of the Hasbro version's solid yellow. I'd guess those and his shin details are decals, too.

If they really are moving to stickers, it's odd that they didn't take the opportunity to add a few more color bits, like extra yellow on Bumblebee's midsection and red on Prime's.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#16 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34263 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

In some places Bumblebee's stripes look like decals. Same for the yellow on his waist.

That's... a lot more stickers than I was expecting if true.

#17 AireCoos

AireCoos
  • Citizen
  • 1859 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hydra to the rescue!!!! icon-hotrod.gif

#18 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2761 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Feb 24 2012, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, Vector Oracle looks like if I sucked on him, he'd be delicious.

Please never post that ever again.

#19 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(RCX @ Feb 24 2012, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought something looked off about those vehicle modes I wasn't paying much attention to OP but I saw Bee's and thought, "Does mine have those?"
I think I'm gonna cancel my micron pre-order from BBTS.

They really aren't that bad, I just was not expecting it. I am not cancelling my HLJ preorders, I just would have liked it more if they had not added so many. The ports on Bumblebee's Roof look vine, the ones on his doors are obtrusive. Same thing with prime, except reverse, the ones on his doors by the smokestacks look okay, but the ones on the cab's nose stick out to me. Two ports (the smaller less obvious ones) would be fine in my opinion.

#20 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

I... beg your pardon?

• Retired Staff
  • 8769 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Seeing Firebolt transformed like that into a passable Targetmaster is really pretty cool. I'd been wondering how to get that mold into an acceptable gun configuration. Nice. icon-ironhide.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users