Photo
- - - - -

TF / MLP crossover idea

66 replies to this topic

#21 Hecate

Hecate

Why would you wear a mask in the mask squad?

• Citizen
  • 28395 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

I am so sick of ponies seriously

Turn left at any time with care

#22 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 13219 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

Actually, the hipsters are all about hating ponies now, since they're too popular.

---Dave, made himself a Mach Kick MLP already.
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#23 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46890 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(Liege @ Feb 23 2012, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Burn it x infinity.

I'm sick of this Pony jive being shoved down our throats by you bronies. You've taken what's a rather enjoyable show for little girls (and god knows how long it's been since that happened last) and you've made it into the most obnoxious internet meme and fan group that enrages me to a point not even furries/ICP fans/street mimes could elicit from me. This comes from a guy who lived in Pittsburgh for 2 years and had to deal with hugging Anthrocon weirdos in person.

Of course I'm going to be called all sorts of names after this. I don't care. My problem isn't with the show, even though I think if it had remained more story-based like the pilot it might've been worthy of the love you all seem to give it, it's with you. I feel embarrassed for you. Something I've never felt for myself in about 15 years of toy collecting and yet I cringe everytime I see a grown man gushing about Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash. I can't wait until this hipster fad dies out, hopefully some of you will see sense before your brain cells all meet the same fate.

I'm just amazed it elicits such a strong reaction, especially since the two fandoms aren't that dissimilar.

Even the same parent company.

#24 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 20122 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 23 2012, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 23 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 23 2012, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is this happening?

Well, you see, using the Internet, people are able to share their ideas with a wide audience.

And then, you see, using the internet, people are able to question the ideas that have been shared by others.

Sometimes it even goes self-referential!

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#25 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23316 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

This post seems relevant to the topic: http://www.allspark....s...t&p=2016172
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#26 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Companion

• Retired Staff
  • 9166 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

I'm sick of this Pony jive being shoved down our throats by you bronies.

I'm not sure Ironhold is a 'brony', you're jumping at shadows. Also, decaf, it's a thing you should consider.

Edited by Matthias Phage, 24 February 2012 - 12:30 AM.

76561198045115041.pngAddFriend.png

#27 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4514 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(Matthias Phage @ Feb 24 2012, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sick of this Pony jive being shoved down our throats by you bronies.

I'm not sure Ironhold is a 'brony', you're jumping at shadows. Also, decaf, it's a thing you should consider.

Don't drink coffee and wasn't specifically referring to FI but bronies in general. I'm really tired of MLP being everywhere.

QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#28 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4514 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Feb 24 2012, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Burn it x infinity.

I'm sick of this Pony jive being shoved down our throats by you bronies. You've taken what's a rather enjoyable show for little girls (and god knows how long it's been since that happened last) and you've made it into the most obnoxious internet meme and fan group that enrages me to a point not even furries/ICP fans/street mimes could elicit from me. This comes from a guy who lived in Pittsburgh for 2 years and had to deal with hugging Anthrocon weirdos in person.

Of course I'm going to be called all sorts of names after this. I don't care. My problem isn't with the show, even though I think if it had remained more story-based like the pilot it might've been worthy of the love you all seem to give it, it's with you. I feel embarrassed for you. Something I've never felt for myself in about 15 years of toy collecting and yet I cringe everytime I see a grown man gushing about Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash. I can't wait until this hipster fad dies out, hopefully some of you will see sense before your brain cells all meet the same fate.

I'm just amazed it elicits such a strong reaction, especially since the two fandoms aren't that dissimilar.

I don't think they're similar at all, and being owned by the same company has nothing to do with anything. I see your avatar though so I don't think there's much point to arguing with you.
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

#29 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17334 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Liege -

In other words, it's just me being silly.

That was the relevant portion of my post.

The smilies should have been a clue that I wasn't being entirely serious.

As it is, I'm an MBA candidate with an emphasis in marketing (I just have three more classes to go) and a specialization in the toy industry; I've honestly lost track of the number of papers I've done about Hasbro and its various products (including a paper I did on the GenCon / CCF fiasco from a few years ago). I've been inducted into two academic honors societies, I was the student speaker at graduation, and I'm presently sporting a 3.55 / 4.0 GPA.

Just before the recession hit, I had a number of big-name firms, like GE, AFLAC, MetLife, and Cumulus Broadcasting, all looking to scout me pending the receipt of my bachelor's degree (which happened two semesters after everyone stopped hiring).

Furthermore, I'm presently the finance clerk for my congregation and just got volunteered to help do PR work as well, meaning that I now have real-world experience in these fields.

Oh, and Roleplaying Tips Weekly published a few of my pieces about RPGs, and even let me do a guest blog one morning in recognition of how well-received some of my past articles had been. That might give me some leeway to working for Wizards of the Coast, which Hasbro now owns.

So I do, indeed, have legitimate qualifications to be working there anyway.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#30 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4514 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Feb 24 2012, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liege -

As it is, I'm an MBA candidate with an emphasis in marketing (I just have three more classes to go) and a specialization in the toy industry; I've honestly lost track of the number of papers I've done about Hasbro and its various products (including a paper I did on the GenCon / CCF fiasco from a few years ago). I've been inducted into two academic honors societies, I was the student speaker at graduation, and I'm presently sporting a 3.55 / 4.0 GPA.

Just before the recession hit, I had a number of big-name firms, like GE, AFLAC, MetLife, and Cumulus Broadcasting, all looking to scout me pending the receipt of my bachelor's degree (which happened two semesters after everyone stopped hiring).

Furthermore, I'm presently the finance clerk for my congregation and just got volunteered to help do PR work as well, meaning that I now have real-world experience in these fields.

Oh, and Roleplaying Tips Weekly published a few of my pieces about RPGs, and even let me do a guest blog one morning in recognition of how well-received some of my past articles had been. That might give me some leeway to working for Wizards of the Coast, which Hasbro now owns.

While that all sounds semi-impressive, you lost any credibility when you planned to get your gf back by making a TF/MLP crossover to try and get you noticed by Hasbro as part of some bizarre convoluted plan. Yeah, you say it's a joke but jokes have to be funny fyi.

Aaaaaand I'm done for the night.

#31 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

A Ridiculous Man Who Dreams of Worlds Unseen

• Supporter
  • 3437 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

Is it wrong that I kind of want to throw in support for the TF/MLP crossover just to tick off the people who seem compelled to enter a topic they know they're going to hate (I mean, really, what did they think this was going to be about?) just for the purpose of expressing how much they hate/don't care about the topic and then challenge anyone who says differently?

Of course the response to this is going to be that everyone should be free to express their opinions regardless of being positive or negative and then the response to that will be that there seems to be little point in doing so when your mind is already made up and the sum total effect of doing so is to raise your blood pressure and make you look like an intolerant jerk, after which the responses will degrade into name calling and general irritability. So lets just cut to the chase and call it a day, hm?

Scathing sarcasm aside, the idea of a My Little Pony/Transformers crossover line actually sounds... kind of cool. Assuming the budget would support quality design. Equines are something not often (ever?) touched on in Transformers, despite the appearance lending itself quite nicely to a transformation using the legs as limbs. Hell, if we can have nonsensical Star Wars/Marvel crossovers, why not this?

Especially if we get one of Doctor Whooves. A three-way crossover that would win my support any day of the week icon-fire.gif

0n39.png

#32 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17334 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(Liege @ Feb 23 2012, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Feb 24 2012, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liege -

While that all sounds semi-impressive, you lost any credibility when you planned to get your gf back by making a TF/MLP crossover to try and get you noticed by Hasbro as part of some bizarre convoluted plan. Yeah, you say it's a joke but jokes have to be funny fyi.

Aaaaaand I'm done for the night.

Actually, I frequently make jokes at my own expense concerning just how absurd my life gets at times; I've made a few here on the Allspark, and those who've been reading my fic on Lexicon (transformersfanfic.com) have seen entire story arcs based on me poking fun at different things that are going on (like the day that I tried to cancel my contract with a former internet service provider, only for them to try and up-sell me).

As an example,

"Wow. With all this drama going on, it sounds like we're characters in a fic written by a guy who desperately needs a job and a girlfriend."

At the time I wrote that joke, I was between jobs and between girlfriends. By the time I finally got around to publishing the chapter said joke was in, I'd come full circle; my temp job was over with, and I'd parted ways with my then-GF.

Heck, if I actually do get on with Hasbro, my page at the Wiki'd be more absurd than a Uwe Boll film ("Can honestly state that he was born in three different locations at the same time.").

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Deviant Art page

#33 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17334 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Feb 23 2012, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Especially if we get one of Doctor Whooves. A three-way crossover that would win my support any day of the week icon-fire.gif

Or heck, they could always do a MLP / Joe crossover: Cobra Commander has kidnapped Princess Celestia in order to get at the kingdom's vast wealth, and so the Joes and the Ponies must team up (JOE CALVARY!) in order to save the day.

Like I said - I'm just being silly here.

Deviant Art page

#34 Hecate

Hecate

Why would you wear a mask in the mask squad?

• Citizen
  • 28395 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

FI, could you please stop turning threads into autobiographies? please?

Turn left at any time with care

#35 Naas

Naas
  • Citizen
  • 5661 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(Liege @ Feb 24 2012, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think they're similar at all, and being owned by the same company has nothing to do with anything. I see your avatar though so I don't think there's much point to arguing with you.

I don't remember TF fandom having any equivalent of "welcome to the herd". That just feels like identity assimilation, and honestly, that creeps me out. Seriously, can't a person enjoy something without having to associate with a particular collective?

Edited by Item42, 24 February 2012 - 01:39 AM.

ohhhh
so stupid nonsense chuuni swords

BUGS BUGS BUGS

#36 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46890 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE(Liege @ Feb 24 2012, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Burn it x infinity.

They're both "kiddie" franchises that each have a large segment of adult fans.

I just don't get how you're willingly part of one (or MORE judging by your Kamen Rider avatar) yet think the other somehow deserves belittling insults about their mental capacity.

#37 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14723 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

Of all the things to get bent out of shape over, this seems like it should be somewhere near the bottom.

It's just a phase, like Pokemon, Power Rangers, and Ninja Turtles, among others. Those things are all still around, but things have settled considerably with them.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#38 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14088 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

This is a TERRIBLE and HILARIOUS thread for somebody with an aversion to be reading.

re: Pony crossover.
Best thing to do is get some pony toys, and some Transformers, and then put them on the same shelf. That is one of the more frequently overlooked yet totally awesome aspects of the brand.

A pony Transformer isn't impossible. I mean we got awesome stuff that didn't really have any in-brand precedence all over the United line. Like the 2010 Highbrow or random blue re-colors of The Fallen that don't really fill any demand. "Pony" isn't a specific brand thing like all the G.I.Joe stuff. There's a lot of reasons not to do a pony, but those same reasons apply to a lot of things Hasbro does frequently.

A full-on crossover is... less likely.

Woooo!

#39 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4514 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Item42 @ Feb 24 2012, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Liege @ Feb 24 2012, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't remember TF fandom having any equivalent of "welcome to the herd". That just feels like identity assimilation, and honestly, that creeps me out. Seriously, can't a person enjoy something without having to associate with a particular collective?

^This. Like I said before, this a is a cute, well made show for girls and I think people could admire that more if OMGPINKIEPIEISSORANDOMKAWAII wasn't being shoved in their face by bronies.

#40 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6570 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

Much like Inspector Spacetime, the Internet has indeed ruined any enjoyment I may have potentially derived from MLP.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users