Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 12:06 PM)

Over 40 minutes of waiting on the phone to find out if they had Galvatron (I was aiming for a price match deal if they did). Along the way, I ended up connecting to two other customers who were waiting to be connected to other departments.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 12:00 PM)

Man, Walmart... that was an adventure of sorts yesterday...

@  wonko the sane? : (04 December 2016 - 11:57 AM)

I saw megatron at walmart, and astrotrain as well. Figured they were in the same case assortment. Now I don't know what to think.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 11:25 AM)

Still hoping to find Chromedome, and another shot at Rewind. Not part of the sale, but...

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 11:25 AM)

Wow, didn't even know those were out here yet.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 December 2016 - 11:15 AM)

I got me an astrotrain at that sale! Wanted a megatron too, but didn't find one.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (04 December 2016 - 11:14 AM)

Went to TRU to take advantage of a 40% off deal they had on Sentinel Prime and Galvatron (I wanted the latter), but they were out of stock before the sale even began. =P Got a raincheck, at least.

@  BlackMax : (04 December 2016 - 08:33 AM)

Huh. Maybe I can figure a way to headcanon IDW Strafe into being AoE Strafe...

@  zephyrX9 : (04 December 2016 - 03:12 AM)

I'm sure under a different artist, she might look like something!

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:50 AM)

She....well, I'm not sure what she turns into, but it involves her face splitting in half.

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:49 AM)

There was also Strafe for Female Dinobots.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/33/Raptoricon_symbol.jpg

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

plus the best faction insignia ever

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but yeah we need toys of those Raptoricons yesterday.

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but BW also set the precedent that the gender of the scanned beast mode doesn't need to match the robot mode...so bright colors are fine ;)

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 11:04 PM)

That WOULD be a very good point, except Slash has got ~all the bright colors~, and in the bird world (which as we all know is also the dino world)rampant bright colors are a male thing.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 10:56 PM)

There was that one Deluxe raptor mould from AoE....GET ON IT FUNPU....oh. Now I'm sad.

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 10:54 PM)

...I did not know bout this. Maybe I should amend my comment to "we need more female Dinotobts ~who have toys~."

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 10:05 PM)

@BlackMax - did you know about the Raptoricons? Currently they've only been in fan club prose but they have pretty badass designs and are all female.

@  Rycochet : (03 December 2016 - 09:21 PM)

More female dinosaur transformers would be nice, but not specifically dinobots. Never been a fan of adding new guys to that specific subgroup, it feels a bit like when ageing rock bands add new members.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2016 - 09:02 PM)

Wait, swoop isn't a woman?

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 07:44 PM)

Can I just take a moment and declare that we need some female Dinobots? Because we really need some female Dinobots.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:41 PM)

It was awesome seeing all those heroes together on screen, though. I hope Superman and Martian Manhunter get to participate in the next crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:36 PM)

The solution was also just a bit too easy... the Dominators are apparently just big sissys, give 'em a poke with a caddle prod and they'll run off

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:35 PM)

Yeah, I felt Arrow was the weakest entry... but after least season I kind of got turned off the show, and haven't watched any of the current season.

@  Jalaguy : (03 December 2016 - 05:34 PM)

It was good, but would've been better if Arrow hadn't co-opted its portion to do an relatively pointless anniversary episode.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 December 2016 - 05:31 PM)

Haven't seen any of the DC shows.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (03 December 2016 - 05:24 PM)

How did y'all feel about this week's CW DC shows crossover? I thought it was great and reminiscent of comic books!

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 08:25 AM)

I'm still exploring all the possible mods for the PC version of Fallout New Vegas.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 11:03 PM)

So what, my species is perfectly happy to completely obliterate an undeveloped species to make servants, go full on ADVENT on more developed worlds, but for the middle of the road species suddenly my hands ar tied? Bah.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 10:58 PM)

It's annoying in Stellaris how "Pre-sentient" life forms can be Uplifted (turned into sentient and loyal races) and pre-space age civs can be messed around with and taken over, but you can't do anything about "Stone Age Primitives" so they just end up as a permanent debuff to a planet and end up squatting in valuable tiles.

@  Verity Carlo : (02 December 2016 - 10:53 PM)

To put it simply, everyone is in a race to become god.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (02 December 2016 - 10:42 PM)

I'm playing Tales of Zestiria instead.

@  Touch My Thighs : (02 December 2016 - 10:10 PM)

So basically I'm 15 hours into Final Fantasy XV and it seems like they took the edgy FF7-style game they were going to make, threw it out and made something actually fun instead.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:29 PM)

...and now that I've sat home a short bit I realize I completely forgot to look for Ross, TJ MAXX or Marshalls in the area. Damn.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 09:20 PM)

I envy you.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:17 PM)

Just found RiD Warriors Bisk and Ratchet, plus TR Hot Rod, while hunting. It was a good night.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 08:28 PM)

"You hugin' people..."

@  Strafe : (02 December 2016 - 07:36 PM)

I liked that one, too. I'm not a fan of the guy at all, but "A Few Good Men" is still one of my all-time favorite movies. He's fantastic as Lt. Daniel Kaffee.

@  Kalidor : (02 December 2016 - 06:24 PM)

Tom Cruise sucks but I really did enjoy Edge of Tomorrow

@  Benbot : (02 December 2016 - 03:57 PM)

What? They made a new Mummy movie and cast Tom Cruise? I love Cruise, but isn't he kind of expensive? Kind of stupid to rely on his star power to boost a new franchise instead of...like...good writing? I hope it had both, but I'm not holding my breath.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 11:36 PM)

Now if only I could get one of my GoG games to work right (well series of games) :(

@  Kalidor : (01 December 2016 - 11:24 PM)

Thanks, I picked it up. Worth it for the soundtrack alone

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 10:01 PM)

GoG is awsome.

@  wonko the sane? : (01 December 2016 - 08:07 PM)

woot woot, thank you kindly!

@  Dekafox : (01 December 2016 - 07:42 PM)

Head's up, GOG has Neverwinter Nights up for free for about another 30 hours or so

@  Verity Carlo : (01 December 2016 - 07:30 PM)

the men who murdered my imaginary friends

@  Locoman : (01 December 2016 - 05:30 PM)

I'm coming, Baby Legs! I'm.... Regular... Legs!

@  Benbot : (01 December 2016 - 04:05 PM)

What are you worried about, come get fake doors!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (01 December 2016 - 02:07 PM)

I just found out that Blue from Blue's Clues is a girl. Whoa.

Photo
- - - - -

Pleasant surprises

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 4120 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

I don't want to talk about availability or distribution too much here if at all, as I'm pretty sure it makes anyone who wants Prime toys in the US want to go on a murder spree (or at least me icon-waspy.gif), so I'm just gonna talk about the quality of the toys.

Have you been pleasantly surprised by any of your recent Prime purchases (if you have any)? I have!

Legion Cliffjumper: TINY GOD. I've never had a tiny god; but now I know the joys! Only Legion/Legend class toy with elbow AND knee articulation. icon-silverbolt.gif

Wheeljack: friggin AMAZING. Shoulders kinda hinder movement, but otherwise pure love.

FE Bulkhead: Wow. Pure WOW.

Soundwave: the Perfect Transformer. I've never said that about ANY TF I've EVER owned. But I believe Soundwave to be it. If he had lightpiping, it would have been more perfecter, but otherwise, PERFECT. icon-silverbolt.gif

Anyone else have any encounters with a Prime toy(s) that made you squeal in delight?
I'm drunk, leave me alone. :drunk

#2 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48435 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(Thunderhead @ Feb 23 2012, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...feel my hate...
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#3 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14281 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

Cyberverse Ratchet was a really cool little toy. Neat enough that it was actually hard to go through with repainting him as Fixit and that was the entire reason I bought him.

And while I actually think the repaint came out really, really good, part of me still regrets having done it and is considering getting another.

ZacWilliam, now also considering Cyb Vehicon to repaint as Blackjack...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#4 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

• Citizen
  • 4120 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 23 2012, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...feel my hate...

Haha! Well, actually it's the Takara FE version I got on tfsource for hugging $97, so I don't know if that abates your hate any. icon-fire.gif

#5 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 3900 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Thunderhead @ Feb 23 2012, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...feel my hate...

Haha! Well, actually it's the Takara FE version I got on tfsource for hugging $97, so I don't know if that abates your hate any. icon-fire.gif

I got MINE for ~$50 at BBTS. Why did TFSource charge you so much?

#6 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Cropped

• Supporter
  • 45881 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

<- yeah the Firsties are great.

#7 Llwynoh

Llwynoh
  • Citizen
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

I have NYCC Bee, FE blue Arcee, FE Dlx Prime, FE Starscream, FE JP Bulkhead ($60 bbts), Rid Wheeljack, Rid Cliffjumper.

So far I love them all, with FE Bee being the weakest due to his fidly arm transformation limiting poses.

#8 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18485 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm pretty happy with Wheeljack and the wave 1 FE deluxes. Starscream's engineering is really nifty.

#9 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1401 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

I was willing to drive an hour to get a single remaining F.E. Prime, and man was it worth it. Maybe it'll fade but he's almost my favorite transformer ever at the moment. He's like the Sum of All Primes. Looks good no matter what the pose or mode, especially after the head mod. Even just standing neutrally he radiates hefty personality.

Same with deluxe Starscream. It is literally impossible to put him in a robot pose that doesn't embody his character.

That's what I love about these guys, really. They managed to put so much personality into them, without resorting to Animated's hyper-stylized look in the process (not that that was bad either).

#10 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Temporally Cross

• Supporter
  • 10357 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

I've really been happy with my Prime figures so far. I dunno if I'm 'pleasantly surprised' as that implies that I didn't expect them to be good before I got them. I mean, half the reason I paid through the nose (and far less pleasant regions) to get the FE Molds is because I was expecting them to be really good.

But I will say that they've been a lot better in general terms than I expected. A lot of the stock photography and early fan pictures I saw of them were either slightly or seriously miss-transformed, making me wonder just how good they would actually be. Bulkhead, for example, makes a much better rotund 'bot that some of his early pictures made it look. I also was pleased to see that Cliffjumper had little pegs on his headlights that helped hold his chest together and make it look less boxy.

I dunno which one I'm the most happy with... there are aspects of each one I really love. Bulkhead and Cliffy both get major points for near-cheat-less transformations and high show accuracy.

#11 ShadowMan024

ShadowMan024

Spirit Shackler

• Citizen
  • 19195 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

FE Arcee is just okay.
FE Bumblebee's good.
FE CLiffjumper and Starscream are freaking awesome.
Wheeljack is probably the most fun to play with out of the lot, though.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

1ldHLcE.png
Signature: Kiana the shifter ranger, Talis the cleric and Aodhan the eldritch knight (my D&D characters) by MEDdMI

#12 tec

tec

Seriously fun

• Supporter
  • 24334 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

NYCC BB is tossed in the bin and forgot about
NYCC Arcee stands with her other Arcee motocycle sisters and it makes for a great display
FE Cliffjumper has some planel massageing issues but going from car to robot is fun as heck
PRiD Optmus Prime reminds me of Acton Master Prime in truck mode and has a pleaseing transformation

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

sigtest1D_zpsa793aca9.jpg

#13 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

I love Wheeljack. Such a neat little car, fun transformation, and great look.

Cyberverse Cliffy is very nice. All that articulation. Too bad he sets an unrealistic bar for the rest of the line.

Soundwave is really cool, and laserbeak integrates so very well.

#14 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.

• Supporter
  • 5096 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(Llwynoh @ Feb 23 2012, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far I love them all, with FE Bee being the weakest due to his fidly arm transformation limiting poses.

Do you transform them all the way? So the shoulders turn outwards instead of just hanging underneath the wheel wells like the instructions tell you to do?

FE Arcee is really bulky in her altmode and WAY too big, but she's pretty sweet.
FE Bee is really fiddley, but looks really nice once you get all his parts in place.
FE Cliffjumper is just pure love.
And if FE Cliff is pure love, then FE Bulkhead is pure sex!
FE Screamer is really nice but WAY too small. An almost perfectly screen accurate figure.
FE Prime is perfection!

The only thing that could make any of them better is weapon storage. Most of them have little to no spots to stow their weapons in robot mode.

QUOTE(Fear or Courage @ Feb 23 2012, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was willing to drive an hour to get a single remaining F.E. Prime, and man was it worth it. Maybe it'll fade but he's almost my favorite transformer ever at the moment. He's like the Sum of All Primes. Looks good no matter what the pose or mode, especially after the head mod. Even just standing neutrally he radiates hefty personality.

What is this head mod you speak of?

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#15 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 18454 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(Shockwave 75 @ Feb 23 2012, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is this head mod you speak of?

It's not really a mod. Just that Prime doesn't have his head snapped tightly onto the balljoint. The socket's molded in a weird way that makes it feel like it's snapped in place when its not.

Fully snapped in place, he can look up and down, and the head doesn't pop off as easily.

Also, it fixes some minor clearance issues inside the truck cockpit, so the roof/windvane closes up flush, rather that popping up a slight bit.

#16 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Brick guy

• Citizen
  • 5643 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

The only surprise that HASN'T been pleasant is that the Vehicon's under-car gun storage seems to stop working after the first time he's transformed. On mine, anyway.

Everything else has been pretty much gold.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#17 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

• Citizen
  • 4120 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(Benbot @ Feb 23 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Thunderhead @ Feb 23 2012, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...feel my hate...

I got MINE for ~$50 at BBTS. Why did TFSource charge you so much?

http://tfsource.com/...roduct_id/3110/

Cus they're bastards, I guess. icon-depth.gif